Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

What was the reason for Wise btw? That Keegan had been out of the game too long? We put Kinnear in charge of transfers a few years later. Complete mess.

I can think of no other reason than Wise and Ashley being mates and Ashley assuming he knew about football.

Even with Keegan's gung-ho approach it's shown that we didn't get hammered as much as with this defensive style. I'd happily accept hammerings if we at least attempted to win.

To be honest, at this point, I just want to be happy watching our club again.

Guest firetotheworks

I do feel like Pardew is forcing the Geordie stereotypes out in us, because he's that dull. I have found myself thinking that I'd rather watch us lose and go for it, but I think that comes more from us losing regardless.

What was the reason for Wise btw? That Keegan had been out of the game too long? We put Kinnear in charge of transfers a few years later. Complete mess.

I can think of no other reason than Wise and Ashley being mates and Ashley assuming he knew about football.

Dennis Wise was appointed a mere 2 weeks after Keegan's return, along with Vetere et al. You would think Ashley and Mort would have had the insight to discuss with the various parties, including Keegan, beforehand what each person's responsibilities would be. I feel the failure to do so has been a crossroads in Ashley's tenure. We could have been a genuine force (especially if Carr would have come in eventually to replace the chancers), instead here we are.

I know it's a daft thing to say - but I'd rather we lost 4-3 (or even 4-2) than 1-0 as we've at least shown an attempt to score.

Doesn't matter anyway as we just lose 4-0 all the time :lol:

It's perfectly acceptable to say it (mainly because I said the same thing a few days ago and I'm fantastic). Football is purely an entertainment business for fans.

I can easily accept a defeat if we can be proud of the players after. Some of our best ever games have ended in defeat or a draw, for example.

I know it's a daft thing to say - but I'd rather we lost 4-3 (or even 4-2) than 1-0 as we've at least shown an attempt to score.

That's not daft to say man, it's daft to say I'd rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0. Something I seriously sometimes would've wished. Sometimes result just don't matter if the football is absolute dogshite. I wouldn't ever be able to support Chelsea.

It's perfectly acceptable to say it (mainly because I said the same thing a few days ago and I'm fantastic). Football is purely an entertainment business for fans.

I can easily accept a defeat if we can be proud of the players after. Some of our best ever games have ended in defeat or a draw, for example.

Exactly. I don't get the disdain towards the idea that sometimes it's better to lose a massively entertaining game than win a crap one by a single goal.

Obviously you want firstly to be competitive in the league, but after that entertainment comes first. I'd rather finish 12th & enjoy the games than 7th with Pardew football. I want us to attack the league & get better at doing it over time, not lump ourselves over the line to 9th as if we've just achieved mission impossible.

Exactly. I don't get the disdain towards the idea that sometimes it's better to lose a massively entertaining game than win a crap one by a single goal.

Obviously you want firstly to be competitive in the league, but after that entertainment comes first. I'd rather finish 12th & enjoy the games than 7th with Pardew football. I want us to attack the league & get better at doing it over time, not lump ourselves over the line to 9th as if we've just achieved mission impossible.

Being entertaining and being competitive are not necessarily two things which are independent of each other, especially with a squad of players who prefer to play it on the floor like ours.

Just been reading an article on him and it said that he had a perfect record against Sunderland. I'm guessing that means he never lost, rather than winning every game?

Played 5, won 5!

Guest firetotheworks

Perfectly fitting that he was born on Valentine's Day like. Sometime a bit sickly sweet and overly romantic, but there's no chance that you're not on board. Impossible for us to not love the bloke.

All things considered, the best person ever associated with NUFC.

:clap:

Some of the grief he got on here when he left the last time was disgusting.

:thup:

and no doubt the usual suspects will pop up later on in this thread to spout their rubbish.