Today's matches.

Optimistic Nut

The biggest scam of all time is claiming Gerrard is one of the best midfielders in the game, i say f*** he doesnt produce enough through a whole season.

Look at Zanetti and Cambiasso Inter, Kaka and Pirlo Milan, Messi and ronaldinho at his best.

I mean he can be absolutley fantastic one game, and then have 4 games where he is totally lost.

Just been having a conversation about Gerrard along these lines.

I don't think he does enough with the ball at his feet. Doesn't go past people enough and only really drives forward witht he ball if he gets it on a counter attack. Other than that he plays too many long passes and passes the ball off to quickly, too often for my liking.

Still a top player mind you ... but certainly not in the same bracket as the type of players you have mentioned.

The biggest scam of all time is claiming Gerrard is one of the best midfielders in the game, i say f*** he doesnt produce enough through a whole season.

Look at Zanetti and Cambiasso Inter, Kaka and Pirlo Milan, Messi and ronaldinho at his best.

I mean he can be absolutley fantastic one game, and then have 4 games where he is totally lost.

Just been having a conversation about Gerrard along these lines.

I don't think he does enough with the ball at his feet. Doesn't go past people enough and only really drives forward witht he ball if he gets it on a counter attack. Other than that he plays too many long passes and passes the ball off to quickly, too often for my liking.

Still a top player mind you ... but certainly not in the same bracket as the type of players you have mentioned.

He is for Liverpool. No other player could drive them on like he does.

I would like to see him in a top Eruopean side to see how he does. I think he is class and to Liverpool he is absolutely priceless.

He igets 14+ goals a season for a midfielder!!! What more do you want?  As great as Pirlo & Kaka are, they are not firing Milan up the league table are they.

Dont missunderstand me, hes a great player above avarage, but he isnt up there with Cambiasso and Kaka.

You know those type of players whos brilliant even on their bad days.

Thats a huge difference for me at least.

Cambiasso :lol:

He puts Patrick Vieria on the bench..enough reason for me to consider him great.

For thos ignorant english viewers, Cambiasso is probably the worlds best defensive midfielder.

If you dont know, watch him play 3 games from now and if you still laugh about it, your still ignorant.

He is not even the best Argentian man, according to Tevez who said Mascherano is the best number 5.

Dont missunderstand me, hes a great player above avarage, but he isnt up there with Cambiasso and Kaka.

You know those type of players whos brilliant even on their bad days.

Thats a huge difference for me at least.

Cambiasso :lol:

He puts Patrick Vieria on the bench..enough reason for me to consider him great.

Patrick Vieria has been out injured most of the season & is still not fully fit. So Paddy V has not even been on the bench.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2988402,00.html

As long as Cambiasso is fully fit, he plays. And for tevez to say Mascherano is better, of course he say that since they played together and are probably better friends then he is with Cambiasso.

Cambiasso scores important goals, locks the midfield and creates chances, EVERY f****** GAME. Can you say that about Gerrard?

Cambi is a defensive midfielder who creates double of what Gerrard do.

I cant wait for Cambiasso to play against Gerrard, it will be fantastic.

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/103000-480.jpg

Performing in a poor league, Real Madrid don't sell world class players.

As long as Cambiasso is fully fit, he plays. And for tevez to say Mascherano is better, of course he say that since they played together and are probably better friends then he is with Cambiasso.

Cambiasso scores important goals, locks the midfield and creates chances, EVERY f****** GAME. Can you say that about Gerrard?

Cambi is a defensive midfielder who creates double of what Gerrard do.I cant wait for Cambiasso to play against Gerrard, it will be fantastic.

He plays with Cambiasso in the national team. Does he score important goals? How many goals has he scored in the Champions League semi finals or finals the really big games. He failed to score when the pressure was on in the penalty shoot out at the last world cup. If he was English he would be known as a choker.  

Good result for Villa tonight, and given their remaining fixtures I think they'd have to be dissapointed if they dont make the CL, and the Uefa should be nailed on.

Not surprised at all - watched the recording, and they played as well as any team I've seen play Liverpool at Anfield ; very competitive, always after the second ball(one of our biggest failings) and very unlucky not to have won - are all the knockers ready to surrender about MON yet !?? STILL think Allardyce is better !!???.....

Good result for Villa tonight, and given their remaining fixtures I think they'd have to be dissapointed if they dont make the CL, and the Uefa should be nailed on.

Not surprised at all - watched the recording, and they played as well as any team I've seen play Liverpool at Anfield ; very competitive, always after the second ball(one of our biggest failings) and very unlucky not to have won - are all the knockers ready to surrender about MON yet !?? STILL think Allardyce is better !!???.....

I thought we played as poorly as we have all season in the first half last night, but were much better in the second.

One thing I love is that we've got incredible team spirit. I never think we're going to lose matches, and I don't think the players do either. If we can strengthen in this window then Europe could be on.

We have now only lost one away match since February 2007 - if we avoid defeat at Fulham on Feb 3rd, that will be one away loss in an entire year. Impressive.