Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

its like one part of me screams out for new players every second, but the other part tells me that i would much rather spend more in the summer when prices are down, than paying silly money for someone now. if you dont count the FA cup, this season is pretty much f***** anyway, so getting overpriced mediocres just for getting someone in is something i really cant see the point in doing (except bringing "false" hope and joy to us fans;)). imagine the "summer of kev" with 100 mill£ ffs!!

would like to see someone as woody here, but for 8 mill, ill rather take kompany for a bit more tbh. hes massive talent and not injury prone as well.

Onuoha & Giles Barnes the latest to be linked.

Would love them here.

Where did you see the Barnes link?

In my cornflakes.  :smug:

Its not cornflakes these days, it's Special K :smug:

Keegan eyes Ram raid - Daily Express

Kevin Keegan is keen on Derby starlet Giles Barnes. Would the youngster be right for St James' Park?

i'd be happy with a move for barnes at about 6 million, wouldnt really want to pay more than 8 though

He's this seasons Ashley Young imo, someone just begging to take a chance. Early long injury has kept his price down, i think he's technically better than Young as well although not as fast.

Good competition down the right, but i'd even play him through the centre. When we played Derby at home i thought technically he stood out like a saw thumb for both teams.

i'd be happy with a move for barnes at about 6 million, wouldnt really want to pay more than 8 though

He's this seasons Ashley Young imo, someone just begging to take a chance. Early long injury has kept his price down, i think he's technically better than Young as well although not as fast.

Good competition down the right, but i'd even play him through the centre. When we played Derby at home i thought technically he stood out like a saw thumb for both teams.

This, that and possibly the other. :D

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Thing is with Barnes, he wouldn't command a place in our starting 11.  And after 2 or 3 mediocre performances half of you would be calling for him to be strapped to the side of the monument and stoned to death.

Now Pablo Aimar - although this would again contradict what Keegan said in the Journal today as he has no Premiership experience:

Liverpool & Newcastle Interested In Real Zaragoza’s Aimar: Report

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is reportedly eyeing up a move for Real Zaragoza playmaker Pablo Aimar.

The 28-year-old Argentina international had played under Benitez at Valencia, but moved to Zaragoza in July 2006.

According to the Liverpool Echo, Benitez is alerted of the availability of Aimar and as such the Spaniard is weighing a swoop and with £9m reportedly being close to be available from Momo Sissoko’s immiment move out of Anfield, the Merseysiders could make the move before the transfer window shuts next Thursday.

Newcastle United are also reportedly interested in Aimar, who was once dubbed by Argentina legend Diego Maradona as his “legitimate successor as the world's best player."

i'd play him in the middle, he can pass a bit, which would be nice

i'd play him in the middle, he can pass a bit, which would be nice

I would as well, if i were to mix it up further though i'd give Milner a shot through the middle. He's a great passer of the ball and he isn't as limited by pace as he is on the wing, it was his original position (at Leeds & youth level) and i think would get a few goals if he's running towards goal and is around the box instead of down the wings.

He's not a winger, although i think he's got ability and is a good player with lots of potential.

According to everyone's favourite journalist they are Woodgate, Bentley and Defoe:

Woody waits on Keegan

Jan 26 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

MIDDLESBROUGH defender Jonathan Woodgate has stalled on a £7m move to Spurs – and could yet get his wish to play for Kevin Keegan at Newcastle United.

Jonathan Woodgate

It is believed that United last night contacted Boro chairman Steve Gibson about the 28-year-old England international, although neither club would confirm this today.

Spurs had their bid accepted by Middlesbrough for Woodgate yesterday and they were expecting the former Leeds United, Newcastle United and Real Madrid defender to travel to London.

But Woodgate did not make the journey with Middlesbrough, saying it was because of treatment for an injury which kept him out of their FA Cup fourth-round tie at Mansfield today.

However, sources close to Woodgate say he would love the chance to play again for Keegan – the man who handed him the first of his six England caps against Bulgaria in 1999.

The Chronicle revealed United's interest in their former central defender on Wednesday, but yesterday it looked as though he was on his way to Spurs.

But the fact that Woodgate is prepared to turn his back on the bright lights of London, and the chance to play for a Spurs side which is on the way up, is testimony to the pulling power of Keegan.

I was told at the beginning of the week that Keegan's three targets were Woodgate, Jermain Defoe and David Bentley – and what a difference this little trio would make to the United squad.

But it looks like Woodgate is the best bet. Cockney boy Defoe is very much a home bird, yet he was ready to join United a couple of years ago when his former West Ham boss Glenn Roeder was in charge at St James’s Park.

And as far as Bentley is concerned, Blackburn Rovers have made it very clear that they will pull out all the stops to keep their England winger.

This leaves Woodgate, and the prospect of a central defensive pairing with England Under-21 skipper Steven Taylor certainly looks very appealing.

But the ball is very much in the court of Middlesbrough now. Gareth Southgate and Steve Gibson know that Woodgate is not happy at the Riverside Stadium – and so do the Boro supporters.

Woodgate is injured at the moment but he hopes to be fit for next weekend – when Middlesbrough come to St James’s Park for their Tyne-Tees derby on Sunday lunch-time.

With the transfer window slamming shut again on Thursday, everything has to be sorted out before then.

Middlesbrough would not want Woodgate to play against them if a move to United was completed, but any transfer would be permanent and really they would be powerless to stop it.

This leaves Woodgate, and the prospect of a central defensive pairing with England Under-21 skipper Steven Taylor certainly looks very appealing.

does it? are you sure alan? is it as appealing as pairing him with faye? who's our best centre half, do you watch the games?

The Defoe link absolutely baffles me.

With Owen, Martins, Smith, Viduka and Shola all here what is Defoe really bringing to the team.

I can understand the Woodgate and Bentley links though.

Also would be surprised if Keegan isn't looking at Bridge or Riise (wether people think he's crap or not), as we only have one recognised left back and he's such a young fellow.