Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Woodgate would of joined us if Shearer was Keegans number 2.

Source: Woodgates dad via the Sunday Sun.

He prefers Gus Poyet? Seems like a lame response.

Nothing to do with Gus to be to honest & he is not mentioned at all in the article. I can see how simple it is to fall into that trap though.

Any transfer gems from Farrington and co. today? (it's not online yet).

Nothing to do with Gus to be to honest & he is not mentioned at all in the article. I can see how simple it is to fall into that trap though.

Any transfer gems from Farrington and co. today? (it's not online yet)

Nowt.

Any transfer gems from Farrington and co. today? (it's not online yet)

Nowt.

Ta. Not surprising really.

What is this im hearing Micah Richards has turned down the last offer for 50£ a week?

Swedish newspapers claim he wants 75£ a week, its ridiculous if he wants that much after this short time of playing good.

Whats wrong with the players these days?

Quite simple really - GREED, combined with the usual footballers problems of low intelligence, and MASSIVE ego's.

And of course the bane of the modern game that the FA keep turning a blind eye to (you wonder if they're not on the take too....) - AGENTS.

It`s all Shearers fault man!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Shearer cost Newcastle Woodgate deal

Jan 27 2008

by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

ALAN SHEARER’S decision not to become Kevin Keegan’s No 2 cost Newcastle the chance to sign Jonathan Woodgate.

That is the shock reason the Sunday Sun can reveal for Woodgate’s decision to move to Tottenham rather than return to United.

Newcastle thrashed out a proposed £7 million deal for Middlesbrough defender Woodgate on Friday.

But Woodgate will instead move to White Hart Lane – having agreed personal terms and undergone a medical there yesterday – if Spurs and Boro can agree a fee for him.

And Woodgate’s father last night revealed Shearer’s snub to Keegan as the deciding factor in his son rejecting a return to Tyneside.

“The only way he would have gone to Newcastle is if Shearer was No 2 to Kevin Keegan,” Alan Woodgate told us.

“He is going to Tottenham. I have driven him to the station to go down there today for a medical and talks.

“Provided it all goes OK, the deal should be finalised over the weekend.”

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=shearer-cost-newcastle-woodgate-deal%26method=full%26objectid=20399420%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Can't see the logic in that tbh, unless he specifically doesn't get on with Keegan. Which isn't something I've seen mentioned.

Somehow i doubt logic enters Woodgates head too often, if it does i'm sure he'll smash it out quickly enough with a glass or two.

I've heard plenty of stories of Woodgates stupidity but I think this is even worse then the rest.  Is this really how this man decides his future?  :cheesy: :idiot2:  Ah well never mind, I was never that bothered about signing him, he would have been a very good addition if he could get bac to his best, but in the end its not a priority position and the price is over the odds considering the price.

To be honest im ok with losing him, how far has his stock fallen hat no one was truly bothered when he looked like he was going for us.

Turn the clock back 18months(?) when Roeder was in for him 95% of the board waas gutted when he wasnt signed.

Goes to show, because on his day the best teams the the world would love to have him.

I dont think if he'd come we'd concede less to be honest, i personally wish we'd concentrate our efforts on boosting the mdfiled, that is where we are losign the games.

Guest johnson293

Just read that about Woodgates (alleged) reasoning for turning us down.  :idiot2:

Who bases their transfer on who may/may not be the clubs assistant manager?

And if Shearer was so important to him, there is still a chance that he will be part of the coaching team in some capacity anyway.

Think there has to be more to it, that neither Keegan or Woodgate want to divulge.

Problem with the medical? Problem with him/his current lifestyle?

Who knows - but as said above, he may not be the player we had back in 2003/04, and maybe were better off without today's Jonathan Woodgate.