Isn't it about time we had an argument about THE BOARD?!?!?!?!?!

magorific

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzz.

Back on topic, if this lad signs (Fabio Zamblera) it will be another sign that we're looking ahead to the future.

first time in our entire history we've done that, fantastic stuff  mackems.gif

Back on topic, if this lad signs (Fabio Zamblera) it will be another sign that we're looking ahead to the future.

Zoggy?

Zoggy?

but that was under the old board, meaning it was impossible

bluelaugh.gif

Zoggy?

bluelaugh.gif

I dont mind your crack but who gives a shit who is in the boardroom. I mean the much maligned Seymour-Mckeag axis signed Waddle, Beardsley & Keegan but I see it as Arthur Cox sigining them.

Zoggy?

bluelaugh.gif

I dont mind your crack but who gives a shit who is in the boardroom. I mean the much maligned Seymour-Mckeag axis signed Waddle, Beardsley & Keegan but I see it as Arthur Cox sigining them.

Agreed mate, but I see Joe Harvey, Gordon Lee and Arthur Cox as doing very well despite the directors not supporting them ie with the restrictions they worked under.

Ultimately, Lee and Cox left for that precise reason.

he obviously didn't call you nasty names either or he'd be the worstest manager ever and a big fat fool  mackems.gif

I love it when you revert to type.   :lol:

I find it quite sad that you loath someone so much just for calling you a few nasty names, that you are blind to the truth and avoid it whenever I box you into a corner.

NE5 - Would you prefer Keegan to sign players now that he doesn't really want for the sake of it or would you prefer him to wait until the Summer to get the players he wants when they will be available? 10 bonus points if you can answer it without mentioning Shepherd or the old boards.

Wonder why this still isn't confirmed. The Rozehnal thing was posted on .cock pretty swiftly.

Probably waiting for a quiet photoshoot tomorrow morning, as it is a minor transfer.

That, or international clearance.

what is the problem with singing young players for the future? didn't you say that N'Zogbia was the most talented player at our club a couple of days ago? and he was signed this way.

if we can bring in promising talents and hopefully develop them along then i don't see the problem. it is low-risk and every so often this policy will yield good results. as long as it is pursued alongside first-team transfers i dont see any negatives. and i think bringing in the technical directors ensures that the two recruitment policies exist side by side.

Good post.

It seems people are envious of Wenger's achievements at Arsenal yet don't want to see the same set up implemented here. Strange.

Iz becoz we canna parayde dem lyek. If dey not heard of dem den they must be s*** innit?!

seems like deja vue here. Under Souness we were told that it was fine to clear out the bad eggs because Alex Ferguson did, now we are being told its OK buying a load of 17 year olds because Arsene Wenger has.

Quite incredible the complete rubbish that people get suckered into believing, and all because the fat b****** ate all their pies or something.........

Not to mention, that Bobby Robson has been down the same path and didn't match Wenger ie Bramble, Ambrose, Viana, Gavilan,

Cort, Cordone, Jeanarse, Lua Lua, Bassedas, O'Brien.............. his best buys for the club being Woodgate, Bellamy and Robert by a country mile.

:lol: a big pile right there...and desperation to attack the new regime and defend Shepherd. Blatantly as well.

FYI: Bramble, Ambrose, Bassedas, Cordone, Cort, O'Brien, LuaLua and Viana were not obscure 16/17 yr olds when they were signed. The only youth signings that Sir Bobby made were Gavilan, Bernard and N'Zogbia, and I'll add Jenas to that list to an extent.

Bramble was a premiership player who finished 3rd with Ipswich.

Bassedas was already a full Argentina international when he joined (and was 25?)

LuaLua was acquired for over 2 million pounds, and was an established player in the first team of a lower division side

Cort...we paid 7 million on him as he was also a premiership player at Wimbeldon

O'Brien was a first teamer at Bradford (not sure if he played premiership football before they went down)

Viana was young european player of the year

Cordone was an unknown, but he wasn't a 17 yr old nobody

If I'm not mistaken, bar Cordone (who joined on loan), the rest all cost AT LEAST a million pounds if not more. Jenas cost 5!!!

What the board are doing now is plucking youth players to develop them here as part of the youth academy/reserve team. The players you mention ALL went into the first team squad.

Still think you know your stuff LM...just think your argument here is a tad bit desperate and illogical. No one here is saying we don't need big players. We do. But in the meantime, if we cant get them for whatever reason, we might as well play our hand at grabbing whatever young talent we can from all over the shop, and take a chance.

Haven't read the rest of the thread, so I don't know what else has been said. I'll crack on now and try and catch up :p

what is the problem with singing young players for the future? didn't you say that N'Zogbia was the most talented player at our club a couple of days ago? and he was signed this way.

if we can bring in promising talents and hopefully develop them along then i don't see the problem. it is low-risk and every so often this policy will yield good results. as long as it is pursued alongside first-team transfers i dont see any negatives. and i think bringing in the technical directors ensures that the two recruitment policies exist side by side.

Good post.

It seems people are envious of Wenger's achievements at Arsenal yet don't want to see the same set up implemented here. Strange.

Iz becoz we canna parayde dem lyek. If dey not heard of dem den they must be s*** innit?!

seems like deja vue here. Under Souness we were told that it was fine to clear out the bad eggs because Alex Ferguson did, now we are being told its OK buying a load of 17 year olds because Arsene Wenger has.

Quite incredible the complete rubbish that people get suckered into believing, and all because the fat b****** ate all their pies or something.........

Not to mention, that Bobby Robson has been down the same path and didn't match Wenger ie Bramble, Ambrose, Viana, Gavilan,

Cort, Cordone, Jeanarse, Lua Lua, Bassedas, O'Brien.............. his best buys for the club being Woodgate, Bellamy and Robert by a country mile.

:lol: a big pile right there...and desperation to attack the new regime and defend Shepherd. Blatantly as well.

FYI: Bramble, Ambrose, Bassedas, Cordone, Cort, O'Brien, LuaLua and Viana were not obscure 16/17 yr olds when they were signed. The only youth signings that Sir Bobby made were Gavilan, Bernard and N'Zogbia, and I'll add Jenas to that list to an extent.

Bassedas was already a full Argentina international when he joined (and was 25?)

LuaLua was acquired for over 2 million pounds, and was an established player in the first team of a lower division side

Cort...we paid 7 million on him as he was also a premiership player at Wimbeldon

O'Brien was a first teamer at Bradford (not sure if he played premiership football before they went down)

If I'm not mistaken, bar Cordone (who joined on loan), the rest all cost AT LEAST a million pounds if not more. Jenas cost 5!!!

What the board are doing now is plucking youth players to develop them here as part of the youth academy/reserve team. The players you mention ALL went into the first team squad.

Still think you know your stuff LM...just think your argument here is a tad bit desperate and illogical. No one here is saying we don't need big players. We do. But in the meantime, if we cant get them for whatever reason, we might as well play our hand at grabbing whatever young talent we can from all over the shop, and take a chance.

Haven't read the rest of the thread, so I don't know what else has been said. I'll crack on now and try and catch up :p

interesting you talk about a big pile of shite.

Because from where I'm sitting, the condemnation of a board who backed their managers and qualified for europe more than anyone else at any time in our history, more than any other team in the country bar 4, bought major international players instead of selling them, sold out the ground to 50000 people [who were actually attracted by something despite what you may "think"] is the biggest heap of absolute biggest shite I've ever read.

I am very pleased for you if you are happy with the ambition ie the transfer policy of the current board as against the old one. Because, you shouldn't be. Its been absolutely abysmal, and 2nd rate. End of.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, if I don't agree with your "opinion" but sadly for you I go by results, not personalities. And the current board have not shown themselves to be better than the last one until they at least match those Champions League qualifications, and I can tell you now with absolute certainty, under the current transfer policy they won't match it as long as you have a hole in your arse.

Good post.

interesting you talk about a big pile of s****.

Because from where I'm sitting, the condemnation of a board who backed their managers and qualified for europe more than anyone else at any time in our history, more than any other team in the country bar 4, bought major international players instead of selling them, sold out the ground to 50000 people [who were actually attracted by something despite what you may "think"] is the biggest heap of absolute biggest s**** I've ever read.

I am very pleased for you if you are happy with the ambition ie the transfer policy of the current board as against the old one. Because, you shouldn't be. Its been absolutely abysmal, and 2nd rate. End of.

But that's not the point LM!!! What I'm saying is, if in the meantime we can't get those big players to come, what's the harm in bringing some promising prospects in parallel?

Also, keep in mind that at the time you speak of, NUFC was a fashionable club, as you correctly point out qualifying for europe etc... We're a different proposition now, and are a club in turmoil. Until we steady the ship and have a clear path forward, imo we'll never attract big hungry players. We'll only be able to bring in mercenaries who've already done it all, living off of reputation and looking for one last pay day.

Are you suggesting we never had a single disappointing transfer window/summer under the old lot?

not suggesting anything Dave. I find the hypocrisy of standards - which boils down completely to personalities - quite amazing.

Simple fact is that I've seen this before. Unambitious board who aren't prepared to compete with the winning clubs but attempt to pacify fans with talk of "youth systems", "the future plans"....blah blah, other such bollocks.

Simple fact also is that you need players the top teams want if you want to challenge them, never mind beat them. Particularly incredible is the fact that Keegan showed everybody this the first time round. I don't think Mort has the slightest clue about football and how it works. They / he [interesting one this, will it be Ashleys fault as major shareholder or Morts as chairman if Keegan fucks off or fails] will have to catch on quickly or Keegan will put them under pressure or bugger off. Quite right too if he does under those circumstances.

I simply don't buy the people who are now supporting this deluded "kids policy" instead of spending money, when all we heard every other week under the old board was "splash the cash you greedy fat bastard"

Amazing.

The sooner we are back in europe the better. And if Ashley and Mort don't realise this, for me they can both bugger off.

Are you suggesting we never had a single disappointing transfer window/summer under the old lot?

not suggesting anything Dave. I find the hypocrisy of standards - which boils down completely to personalities - quite amazing.

Simple fact is that I've seen this before. Unambitious board who aren't prepared to compete with the winning clubs but attempt to pacify fans with talk of "youth systems", "the future plans"....blah blah, other such bollocks.

Simple fact also is that you need players the top teams want if you want to challenge them, never mind beat them. Particularly incredible is the fact that Keegan showed everybody this the first time round. I don't think Mort has the slightest clue about football and how it works. They / he [interesting one this, will it be Ashleys fault as major shareholder or Morts as chairman if Keegan fucks off or fails] will have to catch on quickly or Keegan will put them under pressure or bugger off. Quite right too if he does under those circumstances.

I simply don't buy the people who are now supporting this deluded "kids policy" instead of spending money, when all we heard every other week under the old board was "splash the cash you greedy fat b******"

Amazing.

The sooner we are back in europe the better. And if Ashley and Mort don't realise this, for me they can both bugger off.

Right. I think it's now plainly obvious that your agenda is merely to attack the new board regardless. When you say things like "people are supporting the kids policy INSTEAD of buying big players" etc....

That's a load of bollocks LM and you know it. People are saying that it will do us no harm to try and uncover a few gems in the process, until we are able to attract the Berbatovs of this world!! No one is saying the board to should aim to produce an entire first team from youth talent!!! But if one or two turn out to be useful, then why not?

Amazing

Good post.

Because from where I'm sitting, the condemnation of a board who backed their managers and qualified for europe more than anyone else at any time in our history, more than any other team in the country bar 4, bought major international players instead of selling them, sold out the ground to 50000 people [who were actually attracted by something despite what you may "think"] is the biggest heap of absolute biggest s**** I've ever read.

But that's not the point LM!!! What I'm saying is, if in the meantime we can't get those big players to come, what's the harm in bringing some promising prospects in parallel?

Also, keep in mind that at the time you speak of, NUFC was a fashionable club, as you correctly point out qualifying for europe etc... We're a different proposition now, and are a club in turmoil. Until we steady the ship and have a clear path forward, imo we'll never attract big hungry players. We'll only be able to bring in mercenaries who've already done it all, living off of reputation and looking for one last pay day.

I don't accept or believe we can't get the best players to come. I think any player worth their salt would want to play here. Our european standing and profile is also massively and totally superior in comparison to what it was, through qualifying regularly for europe, especially since 1992 when the old board finally took over and put the club on the right lines again.

The judgement of a players character is down to the manager when he talks to him etc

Good post.

I don't accept or believe we can't get the best players to come. I think any player worth their salt would want to play here. Our european standing and profile is also massively and totally superior in comparison to what it was, through qualifying regularly for europe, especially since 1992 when the old board finally took over and put the club on the right lines again.

The judgement of a players character is down to the manager when he talks to him etc

ne5 your first 3 words sum it up.

as for getting the best players,always unlkey in the jan window (though to improve should be able to)

oureuro standing etc mean nothing now.

the one thing we have is spending power...if it is real and flexed come the sumer. convince one big money and the rest will follow if we want to spend.

will it happen ?

I simply don't buy the people who are now supporting this deluded "kids policy" instead of spending money, when all we heard every other week under the old board was "splash the cash you greedy fat b******"

Amazing.

Right. I think it's now plainly obvious that your agenda is merely to attack the new board regardless. When you say things like "people are supporting the kids policy INSTEAD of buying big players" etc....

That's a load of bollocks LM and you know it. People are saying that it will do us no harm to try and uncover a few gems in the process, until we are able to attract the Berbatovs of this world!! No one is saying the board to should aim to produce an entire first team from youth talent!!! But if one or two turn out to be useful, then why not?

Amazing

Shame, but I think for a long time the agenda of numerous people was simply to attack the old board whatever they did regardless. And still is, in fact.

Buying up the best kids and ignoring the present is nothing other than taking a punt at gaining success on the cheap, and doesn't bode well I'm afraid.

I've tried to tell you it doesn't work, because it hasn't in the past at pretty much any other club plus common sense tells you it isn't so simple as this - so if you think differently, then of course thats your opinion. I look forward to seeing your u-turn.