Official - Rozehnal joins Lazio permanently

Guest johnson293

Rozenhal is not particularly any worse than Faye - just another journeyman pro. HE's just not big and balck, so cretins don't assume he's soem kind fo "beast" in defence, like they do with Faye.

Why do you have such an intense dislike of Faye?

Penis envy.

Rozenhal is not particularly any worse than Faye - just another journeyman pro. HE's just not big and balck, so cretins don't assume he's soem kind fo "beast" in defence, like they do with Faye.

Well Because everyone else likes him, in order to WUM you need to hate him.

Isn't he quite well known for being an open racist (Northern Monkey)?

I thought it was just for generally spouting negative crap and trying to wind people up.

I thought it was just for generally spouting negative crap and trying to wind people up.

Is his name an anagram of Andy Dunn?

No.

i would not be upset if KK decided to give rozy another go.  as has been said, circumstances conspired against him somewhat, and if you've ever been the father of a newborn, well, that can wreak havoc on your sleep etc...  he may just needed to have gotten his household arrangements sorted.  how's his english btw, anyone know?

also, perhaps with time he'd learn how to be stronger & braver in the challenge given a new chance. 

He just likes to make ambiguous statements that could be taken as such and then feign shock and horror when someone calls him on it. 

• 2 months later...

Rozy seems to slight for a regular spot in an EPL back 4.  Maybe he can be a squad player and cover a game or two for injury or be subbed in late to aid an offensive push but unless he gets a little more bulky I would think the week in, week out I think he'd get ground down to a nub. 

He was having to adapt to a far more physical and difficult league, had a baby on the way at home and was in a truly shit team with a shit manager.  Overall, he wasn't  that bad and I for one would welcome giving our only player at Euro 2008 a second chance to prove himself instead of once again dumping a foreign player who doesn't instantly adjust to the Premiership.  *Tin hat on*

He was having to adapt to a far more physical and difficult league, had a baby on the way at home and was in a truly shit team with a shit manager.  Overall, he wasn't  that bad and I for one would welcome giving our only player at Euro 2008 a second chance to prove himself instead of once again dumping a foreign player who doesn't instantly adjust to the Premiership.  *Tin hat on*

Personally I thought he was utter shite. Can't wait to see the back of him. Nothing to do with him being foreign though.

He was having to adapt to a far more physical and difficult league, had a baby on the way at home and was in a truly s*** team with a s*** manager.  Overall, he wasn't  that bad and I for one would welcome giving our only player at Euro 2008 a second chance to prove himself instead of once again dumping a foreign player who doesn't instantly adjust to the Premiership.  *Tin hat on*

Personally I thought he was utter s****. Can't wait to see the back of him. Nothing to do with him being foreign though.

At that point in the season, everyone was utter s***.  Yes, he dropped some clangers.  But so did Faye and so does Taylor (frequently).  Things didn't exactly pick up when he was shipped off to Lazio and we conceded 10 or 12 against Man Utd and Arsenal.

I might change my mind if he looks just as bad at the European Championships, but I'd prefer we didn't have another  £3 million write off.  Keep him as a squad player.

Guest Stephen927

Would like to see him given another chance. Bring him back after the Euros and give him until January at least to make another impression.

I think he's got more chance of making it in the Premiership than Cacapa.

What did he say?

General moaning about how shit things were here and how playing in midfield was going to hinder his international prospects (even though KK hadn't played him yet).

Anyhow, that wasn't why I had come to post here...

Anyone else think Rozehnal looked excellent yesterday? He was very comfortable on the ball, and defended in a very composed manner, making no noticeable errors. You can see why he was highly-rated pre Newcastle.

Obviously Premier League football is a different kettle and fish and made him look like a complete mess, but was that thanks to the Allardyce style? Perhaps a team that focused more on attack than defence would suit his obvious ability. Its a tough call, but I hope that Keegan is watching.

Don't think he really had much to do yesterday other than play the ball from the back.

Made a lot of timely interventions as well especially in the second half. They say that the best defenders are the ones you don't notice.

What did he say?

General moaning about how s*** things were here and how playing in midfield was going to hinder his international prospects (even though KK hadn't played him yet).

Anyone else think Rozehnal looked excellent yesterday? He was very comfortable on the ball, and defended in a very composed manner, making no noticeable errors. You can see why he was highly-rated pre Newcastle.

Obviously Premier League football is a different kettle and fish and made him look like a complete mess, but was that thanks to the Allardyce style? Perhaps a team that focuse more on attack than defence would suit his obvious ability. Its a tough call, but I hope that Keegan is watching.

I think he's got quality, but it seems the best Premiership attacking players are either just too strong or just too fast for him.

Was very good against the turks, but they were a pretty small/slow bunch.

Probably would have had a future as a squad player if he didn't go mouth off to the media like an idiot. I don't think Keegan will ever forgive him for that.

Guest optimistic nit

What did he say?

General moaning about how shit things were here and how playing in midfield was going to hinder his international prospects (even though KK hadn't played him yet).

Obviously Premier League football is a different kettle and fish and made him look like a complete mess, but was that thanks to the Allardyce style? Perhaps a team that focuse more on attack than defence would suit his obvious ability. Its a tough call, but I hope that Keegan is watching.

didn't he and another czec player both go for a free header from a swiss long ball, miss it, and then the swiss had a good chance? that was always imo his biggest weakness when he played here, he's too indisisive and shite in the air, and in the PL you can't play like that. he was always good on the ball, he was good on the ball when he played for us, and his positioning is good, and he's not a bad tackler, but that weakness is a major one, you may get away with it in foreign leagues, but not i the premiership.

He hasn't changed imo, but if we can't get decent money for him then we may as well give him another chance, as we can't really lose much.

What did he say?

General moaning about how s*** things were here and how playing in midfield was going to hinder his international prospects (even though KK hadn't played him yet).

I think he's got quality, but it seems the best Premiership attacking players are either just too strong or just too fast for him.

Was very good against the turks, but they were a pretty small/slow bunch.

Probably would have had a future as a squad player if he didn't go mouth off to the media like an idiot. I don't think Keegan will ever forgive him for that.

if we're prepared to forgive Barton, that's surely forgivable!