Official - Rozehnal joins Lazio permanently

Guest johnson293

Frustrating type of player. Clearly has a lot to offer... But you can't be a defender in England if you're scared to go in even for a 70-30 ball. Very disappointing.

Rozehnal isn't "fucking shit" imo, just isn't cut out for the Prem.

This. He's now got Premier League experience* on his CV too. Don't think we'll struggle finding a buyer tbh.

*Albeit not very successful.

Rozehnal isn't "f****** s***" imo, just isn't cut out for the Prem.

This. He's now got Premier League experience* on his CV too. Don't think we'll struggle finding a buyer tbh.

We will always have difficulty selling on  players who have failed here and are on long  contracts. Ok he's not going to be on a huge salary in prem league terms, but he'll have great difficulty getting it match by another team in another league.

His reputation is in the toilet in England, just being associated with a NUFC back four will not have done him any favours. Italy may be a no go now too if he's failed to make an impact there. Dropping out of the Czech 2008 squad will bring his reputation down still further.

He'll have to take a drop in wages to go most anywhere else, I can see another loan deal to the likes of PSV or Feynoord or at best a 1 Mill move to Olympiacos or somewhere like that.

We will always have difficulty selling on  players who have failed here and are on long  contracts. Ok he's not going to be on a huge salary in prem league terms, but he'll have great difficulty getting it match by another team in another league.

His reputation is in the toilet in England, just being associated with a NUFC back four will not have done him any favours. Italy may be a no go now too if he's failed to make an impact there. Dropping out of the Czech 2008 squad will bring his reputation down still further.

He'll have to take a drop in wages to go most anywhere else, I can see another loan deal to the likes of PSV or Feynoord or at best a 1 Mill move to Olympiacos or somewhere like that.

Fair enough. Considering he only cost us £2.9m though I can't see us raising just a million for him being a problem, even if I think we will do that easily.

Fair enough. Considering he only cost us £2.9m though I can't see us raising just a million for him being a problem, even if I think we will do that easily.

Was part of his fee not appearance based?

Was part of his fee not appearance based?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6232364.stm

Rozehnal, who has won 34 caps for the Czechs, could cost another £200,000 depending on appearances.

Thanks. I agree that he wasn't cut out for the Premiership, but thought he would be decent in Italy. I guess there could be a few reasosn why he hasn't played like injury, has anyone seen him play?

But he looked really good early on in the season. What changed apart from Allardyce screwing him over. He was a really assured defender then lost his composure after Alalrdyce dropped him and Taylor after they seemed to be forming a half decent partnership. Was never the same since.

Bring him back in the summer, let him get re settled, then see if he is definitely done as a EPL player, if not then sell.

But he looked really good early on in the season. What changed apart from Allardyce screwing him over. He was a really assured defender then lost his composure after Alalrdyce dropped him and Taylor after they seemed to be forming a half decent partnership. Was never the same since.

Bring him back in the summer, let him get re settled, then see if he is definitely done as a EPL player, if not then sell.

To be fair, he lost his place when his wife gave birth rather than being dropped

To be fair, he lost his place when his wife gave birth rather than being dropped

Is that right?? I didnt realise. I thought he was quality with Taylor but i remember Taylor making a mistake and Allardyce dropping him because of it and Roz just didnt ever quite look as assured or as comfortable as he was with Taylor. I think Taylor got dropped for Cacapa which messed Roz up cos Cacapa took his place as the "sweeper" and Roz struggled to be the "wall" and it showed.

Seems like he was screwed by a series of unfortunate events.

Guest float one in

Aye, Iwouldn't go so far as to say he was entirely convincing in the early season, but he looked like he had something. I was hoping he'd develop into a ball playing centre half, which everyone loves to see. When KK came back I immediately thought he's going to get the best out of Rosenhal. Obviously things went the other way. He did seem canny soft mind, but maybe that was due to a lack of confidence. Would have nothing against giving him another crack, see if he can offer us anything.

There is potential there - he played the pass of the season for me, outside of his left foot, cutting straight through the defence to pick out Owen's run. Can't remember who it was against now, might have been the 6-0 against Man United.was when he was playing in centre mid i think. Great ball anyway.

Guest Stephen927

His confidence will have taken a hammering.

If Lazio aren't interested, there's no harm in him coming back here in the summer, Keegan re-evaluating him, then hopefully find a conclusion that suits both parties.

If he's going to succeeed in the Premiership, he really has to be more ruthless. He's like a central defense version of Ameobi.

Reminds me off Albert, surprsied Keegan let him go considering the small squad we had.

Still think he was the mole who said the team talk at Arsenal was  sh*t, if so he won't be back.

What makes you say that? To be fair, not heard anything since, i thought Taylor was widely tipped as the mole? Also, it was Allardyce who said there was a mole, surely Keegan wouldnt act so abruptly?

Rozenhal is not particularly any worse than Faye - just another journeyman pro. HE's just not big and balck, so cretins don't assume he's soem kind fo "beast" in defence, like they do with Faye.

Why do you have such an intense dislike of Faye?

Rozenhal is not particularly any worse than Faye - just another journeyman pro. HE's just not big and balck, so cretins don't assume he's soem kind fo "beast" in defence, like they do with Faye.

Being balck does help things like.