Official - Rozehnal joins Lazio permanently

Guest johnson293

What did he say?

General moaning about how shit things were here and how playing in midfield was going to hinder his international prospects (even though KK hadn't played him yet).

Anyhow, that wasn't why I had come to post here...

Anyone else think Rozehnal looked excellent yesterday? He was very comfortable on the ball, and defended in a very composed manner, making no noticeable errors. You can see why he was highly-rated pre Newcastle.

Obviously Premier League football is a different kettle and fish and made him look like a complete mess, but was that thanks to the Allardyce style? Perhaps a team that focuse more on attack than defence would suit his obvious ability. Its a tough call, but I hope that Keegan is watching.

didn't he and another czec player both go for a free header from a swiss long ball, miss it, and then the swiss had a good chance? that was always imo his biggest weakness when he played here, he's too indisisive and shite in the air, and in the PL you can't play like that. he was always good on the ball, he was good on the ball when he played for us, and his positioning is good, and he's not a bad tackler, but that weakness is a major one, you may get away with it in foreign leagues, but not i the premiership.

He hasn't changed imo, but if we can't get decent money for him then we may as well give him another chance, as we can't really lose much.

Was Ujfalusi and Grygera iirc.

Ujfalusi was the Fantasy Football MOTM yesterday by the way. Load of shite as he went in a Steven Tayloresque headless chicken mode at times.

Although I felt Roz had a decent game, the Swiss weren't exactly the most potent attacking force, I lost count of the amount of time they had 9 or 10 players behind the ball. Still rate him as a player, but a few too many 'heart in mouth' type passes or touches to be considered a reliable centre-back. Still think he could potentially have a future with us, depends who we bring in, who we let go and what style of football we're going to try and play next season.

Guest optimistic nit

What did he say?

General moaning about how shit things were here and how playing in midfield was going to hinder his international prospects (even though KK hadn't played him yet).

Anyone else think Rozehnal looked excellent yesterday? He was very comfortable on the ball, and defended in a very composed manner, making no noticeable errors. You can see why he was highly-rated pre Newcastle.

Obviously Premier League football is a different kettle and fish and made him look like a complete mess, but was that thanks to the Allardyce style? Perhaps a team that focuse more on attack than defence would suit his obvious ability. Its a tough call, but I hope that Keegan is watching.

didn't he and another czec player both go for a free header from a swiss long ball, miss it, and then the swiss had a good chance? that was always imo his biggest weakness when he played here, he's too indisisive and shite in the air, and in the PL you can't play like that. he was always good on the ball, he was good on the ball when he played for us, and his positioning is good, and he's not a bad tackler, but that weakness is a major one, you may get away with it in foreign leagues, but not i the premiership.

He hasn't changed imo, but if we can't get decent money for him then we may as well give him another chance, as we can't really lose much.

Ujfalusi was the Fantasy Football MOTM yesterday by the way. Load of shite as he went in a Steven Tayloresque headless chicken mode at times.

well it has always been his biggest weakness, and i was certain it was rozental.

i've watched the highlights again on the itv website and it definately looks like rozental.

What did he say?

Taylor doesn't even play a game and people on here give him grief, excellent.

:lol:

It was Rozenhal. Although I agree with you that he looked solid enough the rest of the game, and to be fair they were put under quite a bit of pressure after the goal. I'd love to see him come back and succeed, seeing as he has alot of the attributes required to be a top PL defender. If he could lose some of those Bramble-esque tendencies, he'd be mint.

Guest Heneage

should convert him to def midfielder as understudy to gingernut

Top shout thought this for a while, can tackle pass looks quite composed just not physical enough for CB.

Top shout thought this for a while, can tackle pass looks quite composed just not physical enough for CB.

Thought he was adamant about wanting to remain a CB?

We don't need to be finding understudies for Butt, we need to be making him the understudy.  I'm not worried about transfers just yet, but the fact that Geremi and Butt are probably the only midfielders we have on the books (assuming Emre is sold and Barton sacked) is terrifying. 

Rozenhal looks composed on the ball alright, but under any pressure he tends to panic and hoof it aimlessly, or that's what it seemed like when he played for us, could easily have been Big Sam's instructions though I suppose.

His passing is quite overrated by some on here, it's not really much to get excited about at all.

We don't need to be finding understudies for Butt, we need to be making him the understudy.  I'm not worried about transfers just yet, but the fact that Geremi and Butt are probably the only midfielders we have on the books (assuming Emre is sold and Barton sacked) is terrifying. 

I presume you mean central midfielders, otherwise I'd have to point out the continued existence of N'Zogbia, Milner and Duff for starters. ;)

Rozenhal looks composed on the ball alright, but under any pressure he tends to panic and hoof it aimlessly, or that's what it seemed like when he played for us, could easily have been Big Sam's instructions though I suppose.

His passing is quite overrated by some on here, it's not really much to get excited about at all.

Like I said he flatters to deceive. Might look like he knows what he's doing but erm... he's shit (also mentioned before).

Guest optimistic nit

Thought he was adamant about wanting to remain a CB?

he is, and at the end of the day, having him as a defensive midfielder next season just won't improve the team. i think in the PL, it would be his best position, but he'd be no better than butt there, and we need some actual quality there, instead of yet ANOTHER season of mediocrity.

he's average, even when he's playing in a position that suits him, competent at his job but nowt more, and while that was good enough for us last season, it shouldn't be good enough for us this season.

We'll get our money back because I don't think he was as bad as he was made to look under Allardyce. To be fair, most of our defenders looked shell shocked due to the immense pressure they were under because of Sam's suicidal approach.

We'll get our money back because I don't think he was as bad as he was made to look under Allardyce. To be fair, most of our defenders looked shell shocked due to the immense pressure they were under because of Sam's suicidal approach.

looked very assured on saturday i have to say...still a nice slow pace and little in the way of physicality from the swiss probably helped