Official - Rozehnal joins Lazio permanently

Guest johnson293

If only we have good homegrown players. Jealous Boro has Wheather while we have to settle for Taylor who is a joke of a footballer. Disappointed that Roz leave as he should be given more time as he is def a better footballer than Taylor. Roz is an international player while Taylor wont even get clos to the senior squad and has in fact fallen behind Wheater in the pecking order to the snr squad as well. Cannot understand why people rate him...whenever he plays, i cringe in embarrassement. He is the defence's version of Shola.

taylor is stronger and makes better defensive pozitional decisions than rozenhal

Wheater didnt have 50,000 people hyping him up as the next john terry, then ripping him apart when a couple of years later he isnt fifa player of the year.

Taylor would be twice the player he is now if he had moved on to the clubs sniffing round him. Granted shit players around him and poor coaching hasnt helped his progress, but thats not to say he still cant be a great defender. Some realism and patience inserted into the geordie dictionary could do wonders for any player pulling on a black and white shirt.

Guest nufc_geordie

Have got to say I'm dissappointed by this. You don't become an established international player for the Czech Republic if you are a bad player. He didn't do anything wrong at the beginning of the season, infact when all the hullabaloo about our best start in years was going on, Rozenhal and Taylor were doing well as a partnership.

For me it was when Allardyce made him the scapegoat for that 1-0 defeat at Derby he has never recovered. Kept out of the side for weeks then put back in where he was needed. There were far worse players than him that night. I feel we have lost out on a decent player here that given time (like all foreign imports need) would have been a success.

Is it a coincidence that he was allowed to go so soon after his public criticisms? KK doesn't have the thickest of skins.

Like people have said, it doesn't tie in with the idea that we've a small squad and can't afford to let players go.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Good luck to him, started off well enough, but has faded a lot. Never a top player, but a very goood back-up CB if you ask me. Seems to be a decent bloke as well.

He'd be a very good defender if he didn't have a slight frame.

Strength is the only thing missing from his game, imo.

He looked very assured when he first came in, but poor management from Allardyce really knocked his confidence and mistakes started to slip into his game. Not a first teamer, but a very valuable squad centre back. He wont be back i dont think.

I think the fact that we were sniffing round another central defender (Woodgate) suggests that we were prepared to let Rozenhal go before that interview hit the wire.  Roz clearly wasn't happy being a squad player and with Beye and Faye coming back he would have got very few starts unless there was an injury epidemic.

I liked Rozhenal, if he was 24 i would have been interested in keeping him as i believe with experiance he would been a top centre half. However, at 27 he was never going to become a star at the club.

I think he will do well in Italy and we will make a profit on the lad, which would be fantastic.

Maybe i'm fishing for positives but i think the Italian game will suit him better and this will raise his stock, on top of that he will then have a european championship to play in the summer.  If he does well there he could suddenly be worth a few bob and we could make a good profit.

Also with the odd natur eof the transfer (we said we wouldn't get rid of anyone) could it be that we are trying to develop good connections with Lazio because we are interested in a player?  Pandev?

Ok maybe i'm stretching for positives.

Roz is a decent player but center back is all about partnerships and he was often too exposed playing alongside Cacapa (not tough enough) or Taylor (too headstrong).  But time spent building a partnership with Faye could have had that Vidic/Ferdinand balance that could have worked well.

I'm sure he'll be a big success in Italy.

Rozehnal will look good in Italy because the pace of the game is a lot slower and it is not as physical in Serie A. This will probably lead to people saying why we let this quality player go, but he hasn't settled into the Premiership and constantly pulled out of challenges (Lassana Diarra against Arsenal at home in the centre circle and the Stoke game, Wilkinson?). He didn't look like he would effectively challenge for the ball in the air and was often outmuscled. When he did have time to pass the ball he wasn't to bad, but you don't get time on the ball in England. Overall a decent player, but not cut out for the Premiership.

A little sub point, we paid £2.9m according to some media reports for him, but wasn't about £400,000 of it appearance based?

If only we have good homegrown players. Jealous Boro has Wheather while we have to settle for Taylor who is a joke of a footballer. Disappointed that Roz leave as he should be given more time as he is def a better footballer than Taylor. Roz is an international player while Taylor wont even get clos to the senior squad and has in fact fallen behind Wheater in the pecking order to the snr squad as well. Cannot understand why people rate him...whenever he plays, i cringe in embarrassement. He is the defence's version of Shola.

taylor is stronger and makes better defensive pozitional decisions than rozenhal

Wheater didnt have 50,000 people hyping him up as the next john terry, then ripping him apart when a couple of years later he isnt fifa player of the year.

Taylor would be twice the player he is now if he had moved on to the clubs sniffing round him. Granted shit players around him and poor coaching hasnt helped his progress, but thats not to say he still cant be a great defender. Some realism and patience inserted into the geordie dictionary could do wonders for any player pulling on a black and white shirt.

Which clubs are these like? No one decent's interested in him. He isn't shit, but he isn't that good either.

Taylor would be twice the player he is now if he had moved on to the clubs sniffing round him. Granted s*** players around him and poor coaching hasnt helped his progress, but thats not to say he still cant be a great defender. Some realism and patience inserted into the geordie dictionary could do wonders for any player pulling on a black and white shirt.

Which clubs are these like? No one decent's interested in him. He isn't s***, but he isn't that good either.

Haventspurs and liverpoolbeen sniffing around, or is that speclation "created" to get anew contract?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1231044,00.html

Toon Boss Explains Rozehnal Loan Switch

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan has explained his reasons for allowing David Rozehnal to join Lazio on loan until the end of the season.

The 27-year-old made the temporary switch to the Serie A outfit on the final day of the January transfer window having found first-team opportunities in his preferred position of centre-back limited in recent weeks.

And, speaking to Newcastle World TV, Toon boss Keegan said that the imminent return of Senegal pair Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye had made the Czech defender's move possible.

"He wanted to play in his position of centre-half and that is probably a position we are well off in.

"Plus we have Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye coming back after they were knocked out of the Africa Nations and they are two players who can play in that position.

"David wanted to play where he plays and he made that perfectly clear and it was a deal we were happy to do.

"It's a win-win situation because of course he's still our player at the end of the season and it seemed a sensible one to do."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1231044,00.html

Toon Boss Explains Rozehnal Loan Switch

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan has explained his reasons for allowing David Rozehnal to join Lazio on loan until the end of the season.

The 27-year-old made the temporary switch to the Serie A outfit on the final day of the January transfer window having found first-team opportunities in his preferred position of centre-back limited in recent weeks.

And, speaking to Newcastle World TV, Toon boss Keegan said that the imminent return of Senegal pair Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye had made the Czech defender's move possible.

"He wanted to play in his position of centre-half and that is probably a position we are well off in.

"Plus we have Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye coming back after they were knocked out of the Africa Nations and they are two players who can play in that position.

"David wanted to play where he plays and he made that perfectly clear and it was a deal we were happy to do.

"It's a win-win situation because of course he's still our player at the end of the season and it seemed a sensible one to do."

Soon got bored of his life long dream to play in midfield. Did he work out that he was shit there too?

Awful signing from Allardyce, but no shock there.

Is it a coincidence that he was allowed to go so soon after his public criticisms? KK doesn't have the thickest of skins.

Like people have said, it doesn't tie in with the idea that we've a small squad and can't afford to let players go.

Maybe the critiscm was made after HE knew about the move but not us or the media?

Rozehnal's position was tenuous from the start. He was the first defender Allardyce brought in and with each new signing (Geremi, Cacapa, Beye, Faye) he dropped a place in the pecking order.

He wanted to play football instead of sitting on the bench. He'd never be anything other than a squad player here -- even if we are a midtable club at the moment.

Good luck to him.

Im like the rest of people and hate seeing a player we paid good money for fail but in truth he was poor, He maybe a nice person etc etc but he just wasnt suited to the premiership. Im happy now that the likes of Edgar have a chance, bringing on Roz after 75 mins didnt do much for us or him but bring on Edgar and it will only make him a better player which has to be a good thing for us.

Nearly didn't happen...

Lotito revealed to Sky Sport Italia: "There was a problem with the fax machines - one was broken and the other one had run out of ink.

"But we sorted the deal in the nick of time and we are satisfied."

:lol: :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3103377,00.html

"Lazio have paid one million euros now and, if they want to use the option and buy Rozehnal in the summer, will have to pay a further five million euros to Newcastle."

His agent Pavel Zika revealed that it is a dream come true for Rozehnal to move to Italy.

"Two days ago, he told me 'I want to leave'.