Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

Did anyone else think that there was a possibility that Given walked off today coz he just had enough?  Didn't seem too injured when he was walking off.

I might be just trying to stir things up a bit there but I did give it some serious thought.

Went through my mind too.

Just on the ref, he wasn't bad or owt, but did everyone else think he was ridiculously lenient?

Thought the ref was good today, compared to the rest of the wankers we've had

Shame for the garbage we are watching, don't think i'm going to attend another match this season let alone watch it on TV far to painful

Guest Bolton Zulu

Seriously Zulu, piss off. You're not exactly likely to receive a good reaction turning up and gloating right now. Cheers.

Well, I'm not gloating actually Dave. So, piss off yourself. No offence, of course.

Why exactly did you choose to log on now?

I log in regularly, Dave. Having watched the game today I thought there might be an interesting debate. I was right - until I bumped into you, the resident site Nazi.

:lol:

Never heard that one before.

Tbf I thought you'd just come here to take the piss. If you're not; fair enough.

OK, peace!  :thup:

A typial 07-08 NUFC performance. Decent first half, absolutely woeful second, but the team selection was all over the place. The bench read like a list of our best players. Four of the five should have started and even Harper was a nice change from Given's recent performances.

Butt, Carr, Smith and Duff shouldn't play for us again. Get the other lads in and get them all out ASAP.

A typial 07-08 NUFC performance. Decent first half, absolutely woeful second, but the team selection was all over the place. The bench read like a list of our best players. Four of the five should have started and even Harper was a nice change from Given's recent performances.

Butt, Carr, Smith and Duff shouldn't play for us again. Get the other lads in and get them all out ASAP.

Jesus Wullie I actually agree with you  :lol:

fucks fucking sake.  I'm so fucking pissed off.  Such fucking woeful defending.

A mackem mates birthday tonight and he's celebrating in the town.  All I can fucking do is hope if they win he makes his fucking slack-jawed mouth go and some big Geordie cunt twats him to the fucking ground.

Fuck this, my day is fucked completely.

Please don't tell me you spent some of your holiday watching that. :lol:

Agree with all of that.  It was obvious we were gonna get hammered as soon as we got the 1st goal - it's just our way of doing things.

Smith is an absolute waste of space charva-haired pile of shit.  Goes to ground as soon as an opposing player comes near him and flies in with ridiculous tackles when (sorry, I meant 'if') he tries to win the ball back.

fucks f****** sake.  I'm so f****** pissed off.  Such f****** woeful defending.

A mackem mates birthday tonight and he's celebrating in the town.  All I can f****** do is hope if they win he makes his f****** slack-jawed mouth go and some big Geordie c*** twats him to the f****** ground.

f*** this, my day is f***** completely.

So your just a little upset then?

fucks f****** sake.  I'm so f****** pissed off.  Such f****** woeful defending.

A mackem mates birthday tonight and he's celebrating in the town.  All I can f****** do is hope if they win he makes his f****** slack-jawed mouth go and some big Geordie c*** twats him to the f****** ground.

sounds like a good pal, you hoping he gets twated an all

I've had about 6 pints, it's poured down all day and I had to sit next to a load of mackems in the pub. It's not been the best day so far.

fucks f****** sake.  I'm so f****** pissed off.  Such f****** woeful defending.

A mackem mates birthday tonight and he's celebrating in the town.  All I can f****** do is hope if they win he makes his f****** slack-jawed mouth go and some big Geordie c*** twats him to the f****** ground.

sounds like a good pal, you hoping he gets twated an all

Just imagine what he's like when he actually hates some one

Bolton Zulu, you have no idea what you're talking about, stop embarrassing yourself ok.

So much rage.

Rage?  ???  I'm just telling you that you sound stupid coming on here and telling Newcastle fans what has or hasn't happened at Newcastle United over the last however many years, we've lived it..

We are in a relegation fight now, gentlemen - no doubt about it. The players don't look up for a fight of any kind and we are in decline. Question is - is it terminal ? It's looking that way.

KK didn't help himself today - Carr at LB ? No Emre in midfield ? And persisting with the awful Smith up front ?  :-[ In saying that, the damage was done well before KK took over the job.

Wow ... someone else also feels Duff has been crap.

The amount of times he dwells on the ball when he should pass it

quickly or cross it first time is terrible. He has ruined a lot of our better attacking moves due to this and also put us under unnecessary pressure.  Why he tries to dribble out of tight prerssure is beyond me, especially as he is weak as piss and will only fall over under the slightest bit of pressure.

Did anyone else think that there was a possibility that Given walked off today coz he just had enough?  Didn't seem too injured when he was walking off.

I might be just trying to stir things up a bit there but I did give it some serious thought.

He walked because he saw Harewood coming on and did not have the stomach to face him again

True. Faye, Emre, Viduka and Enrique need to start every game. They all have their shortcomings but whats the alternative?

What do Butt, Carr, Smith and Duff all have in common? Their legs have all gone. No pace, no mobility, in short their has-beens and unfortunetly never-will-be agains. The sooner they are dropped the fucking better cos they are the root cause of our downfall at the moment.

Id stick Milner in that bracket too. He's what 21 and he playes like a veteren. He has one speed and its 1st gear! Even when he seized on a mistake by the Villa defence today his lack of pace meant he couldnt capitalise. Its fucking depressing watching Milner and Duff toil trying to create chances... cos they just cant against premeir league teams. Their best game this year? Stoke at home -  point proved.

Guest Bolton Zulu

Bolton Zulu, you have no idea what you're talking about, stop embarrassing yourself ok.

So much rage.

Rage? :lol:  I'm just telling you you're making a fool of yourself mate, just take the advice.  Don't try to tell Newcastle fans what has or hasn't happened at Newcastle United over the last however many years, we've lived it..

Well, I was referring to your signature but never mind. I think there's a few of your supporters making bigger fools of themselves with their cries for KK's head. Still, that's an opinion and this is a forum.

This is a forum, isn't it?

I've had about 6 pints, it's poured down all day and I had to sit next to a load of mackems in the pub. It's not been the best day so far.

I understand and sympathise completely.