Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Quotes from Malouda's agent.

"Florent is simply not interested in leaving Chelsea, so I`ve no idea where the constant rumours of him signing for Newcastle or Roma are coming from."

"Whether Robinho signs or not it will not make any difference to Florent because he`s absolutely committed to succeeding at Chelsea."

"I can confirm that he`s ready to fight for his place and to persevere simply because he has total faith in his ability to triumph in the face of adversity."

"Personally, I am certain he`ll end up winning everyone over just like he has always had to do at each of his previous clubs."

"We reckon that Florent is the only naturally left sided midfielder or winger at the club and he`s convinced that if he stays loyal to his dream then he can play a really big part in Chelsea`s push to win all four trophies that they enter this season."

"It`s true that Barca, Juve and Inter all contacted me during the summer to see whether or not he wanted to quit Chelsea but Florent immediately told me that he didn`t want to leave."

"He knows he still has a lot to prove at this club but above all he`s convinced that he can become an important footballer for Chelsea."

As a left-back, how about Joe Mattock from Leicester? Only 17-18, already in the England Under 21s, and can't see Leicester clinging onto him. Can't see him costing silly money and would mean giving Enrique a longer run in the side.

In one of the papers that Leicester have rejected £5m from ourselves, Sunderland and another Premiership club....that's just crazy money for a player who's just been relegated to League One and never played top-flight football. No wonder managers look overseas.

Keegan declared: “I saw Nasri slice down Joey and that’s what I was so upset about.

“If it had been the other way round I’m sure Joey would have been sent off.

“Joey came on and got a very good tackle in on Nasri. Then he tripped Joey when he was running back.

“I like Nasri and we talked about bringing him to Newcastle, but he can’t do that.

“The referee didn’t see it but the linesman did. Under the rules it’s a red card.

“I spoke to Nasri at the end and told him I thought it was wrong — he is too good a player to do that.

“He said something back to me but French is one of the many languages I don’t speak.” Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said: “Nasri clipped Barton and there was a little incident between them, but he was booked and rightly so.”

I found that bit interesting.

Would anyone take Carlton Cole? He's been put up for sale by West Ham I heard, I think he's decent, pretty quick and strong, would be a good 4th option to bring off the bench and start the odd game. Would take him for a few million.

Would anyone take Carlton Cole? He's been put up for sale by West Ham I heard, I think he's decent, pretty quick and strong, would be a good 4th option to bring off the bench and start the odd game. Would take him for a few million.

hell no! a friend of mine, west ham supporter asked me if i would trade Ameobi (after i had been saying how ameobi could call himself a footballer) for carlton cole.

Carlton Cole is the Ameobi of west ham!

Amr Zaki looks promising tbh, plays similar to Shearer.

Reminds me of Tevez but is obviously bigger physically, works extremely hard and is incredibly strong with also the ability to finish.

They seem to get some quality foreign talent in. Palacios...Valencia..Zaki...Zinedine Kilbane. :pow:

You find it funny ? Cos I find it f***ing worrying.

How do you know we haven't signed or came to an agreement with anybody today?

How do you know we have, despite the lack of any confirmation of anything ? You really are living up to NE5 nickman of Thick Mick aren't you, honestly i swear you should really look to engage your brain before posting !

Lets see Maccelsfield town have probably signed Kaka today, because there's been no word that they haven't, FFS.

Words are cheap mate, we need action and we need it bloody fast.