Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Pace players I reckon. A real injection mainly in midfield.

Arshavin

Deco

Bentley

Barnes

Dunne

Nani(loan)

Are all possible

Possible based on what?

On us being a solidly medium-sized club?

On us being in the bottom half of the table?

On us having no recent history of success?

Yeah, players like Bentley and Nani are going to be fucking BEGGING to come here.

Who's that young lad who plays left wing for Sevilla ?

Looks a cracking player from from i've seen, long blonde hair, looks a bit like Nedved.

Diego Capel is very high on Ramos' wishlist for the summer.  Can't say whether Spurs are high on DC's hopes for the summer though.

Guest hodsgod

Catch-22 again NM. If we're as unattractive as you say, how will we possibly attract the players you won't think are shit? Can't have it both ways.

Not saying I agree with Deep btw.

Its a case of building over a few seasons, the very best players are only interested in CL, first step Uefa then CL and building all the time.

Guest trainer

Arshavin

Deco

Bentley

Barnes

Dunne

Nani(loan)

Are all possible

How much had you had to drink when you wrote this?

;D ;D ;D

Us getting Nani on loan is as realistic as me winning the lottery without participating, meaning ridiculously high, naturally.

Personally I'd like seeing us get in Arshavin, Barnes, Skjelbred, Dunne and Pandev, we need to get in defenders as well obviously, but I cba to think of anyone good enough that would be realistic for us to get in defense.

Emre and Barton have the rest of this season to show us they deserve a place in our team next season alongside Faye in CM.

Starting from the back, Faye wants to play DM so we need a top CB to partner Taylor.

We need to get rid of Car, Smith, Viduka and possibly Cacapa too ASAP

Definately keep: Goalkeepers, Beye, Geremi, Taylor, Enrique, Edgar, Faye, Zoggy, Milner, Martins

The rest are expendable if they don't improve alot, as long as we can get better replacements.

Even so i don't expect there will be wholesale changes. But we need two CB's (one top draw experienced pro) and a top 'big man' type striker at the very least. Berbatov would be great if not Ashton, K. Jones or to a lesser extent Crouch. We should maybe use some players as makeweights i.e. Keane may want Duff and Smith (optomistically Car& or Viduka) + cash for K. Jones. If Zoggy wants off to Spurs then we should try to get Lennon or even better Berbatov. Owen may still be attractive to many i.e. Citeh. If we can get get a top player in exchange or the cash to buy one then that would be great.

Bare minimum changes next season:

Given/ Harper/ Krul

Beye/Geremi  Taylor/Edgar  New CB/New CB  Enrique/Edgar 

Milner/????  Faye/Geremi  Barton/Emre/Lua Lua  Zoggy/Duff

Martins/Owen    ??????/Ameobi/Carroll

Team

Given

Beye  Taylor New CB  Enrique

Milner  Faye    Barton  Zoggy 

New CF  Martins

Harper, New CB/Geremi, Emre, Duff, Owen/???

I think our team has potential but not with Car playing LB, Cacapa playing CB, Butt, Smith and Viduka playing anywhere.

Faye is a rock and has to play. Enrique needs to play LB. We need Creativity from Zoggy, Milner, Duff, Emre, Barton, Beye, Enrique.

Emre and Barton have the rest of this season to show us they deserve a place in our team next season alongside Faye in CM.

Starting from the back, Faye wants to play DM so we need a top CB to partner Taylor.

We need to get rid of Car, Smith, Viduka and possibly Cacapa too ASAP

Definately keep: Goalkeepers, Beye, Geremi, Taylor, Enrique, Edgar, Faye, Zoggy, Milner, Martins

The rest are expendable if they don't improve alot, as long as we can get better replacements.

Even so i don't expect there will be wholesale changes. But we need two CB's (one top draw experienced pro) and a top 'big man' type striker at the very least. Berbatov would be great if not Ashton, K. Jones or to a lesser extent Crouch. We should maybe use some players as makeweights i.e. Keane may want Duff and Smith (optomistically Car& or Viduka) + cash for K. Jones. If Zoggy wants off to Spurs then we should try to get Lennon or even better Berbatov. Owen may still be attractive to many i.e. Citeh. If we can get get a top player in exchange or the cash to buy one then that would be great.

Bare minimum changes next season:

Given/ Harper/ Krul

Beye/Geremi  Taylor/Edgar  New CB/New CB  Enrique/Edgar 

Milner/????  Faye/Geremi  Barton/Emre/Lua Lua  Zoggy/Duff

Martins/Owen    ??????/Ameobi/Carroll

Team

Given

Beye  Taylor New CB  Enrique

Milner  Faye    Barton  Zoggy 

New CF  Martins

Harper, New CB/Geremi, Emre, Duff, Owen/???

I think our team has potential but not with Car playing LB, Cacapa playing CB, Butt, Smith and Viduka playing anywhere.

Faye is a rock and has to play. Enrique needs to play LB. We need Creativity from Zoggy, Milner, Duff, Emre, Barton, Beye, Enrique.

A realistic bid for Lennon wouldn't be turned down out of hand, would probably get accepted eventually tbh.  Whether Lennon would be wanting that move at this time would be debateable.  A swap involving N'Zogbia and Berbatov would be as likely as a swap involving Michael Owen and Micah Richards, Berbatov to Man Utd, Richards to the pikeys up the road or similar, they'd be wanting clubs with regular CL participation.. 

Us getting Nani on loan is as realistic as me winning the lottery without participating, meaning ridiculously high, naturally.

Personally I'd like seeing us get in Arshavin, Barnes, Skjelbred, Dunne and Pandev, we need to get in defenders as well obviously, but I cba to think of anyone good enough that would be realistic for us to get in defense.

Why would Dunne leave Man City for a lesser club?

There I said it.

There I said it.

For the same reason Owen, Duff, Geremi, Martins, Smith etc did?

There I said it.

To play regular first team football?

Slight flaw in your thinking there.

There I said it.

Exactly. That's another thing, if we continue buying CL team's rejects then we aren't going to make it in to the top four, they weren't in the team for a reason.

We've run out of time, we have serious serious problems.

There I said it.

Exactly. That's another thing, if we continue buying CL team's rejects then we aren't going to make it in to the top four, they weren't in the team for a reason.

We've run out of time, we have serious serious problems.

If good players are being kept out of a team by better players who are better suited to the style of the team, it doesn't make the good players on the sidelines bad.  Forest won the European Cup with a great team but not the greatest players, Brummie would probably say the same about Aston Villa in the early 80's, a great team but Peter Withe, Tony Morley etc will hardly be remembered as worldbeaters. 

Buying CL team's rejects isn't a problem, fashioning them into a quality team is the big problem.  But it is only a problem, not an impossibility.

Guest Erich von Manstein

A couple of top four cast offs like Crouch, Bridge, SWP, Ben Haim etc and optimism will be restored before another fucking awful season next year.

Personally I'd look in the lower leagues

Guest mr quimbys beard

aye its all immaterial if we gan down, its gonna be a long end to the season, i would settle for it finishing now to be honest, if we stay up we should be able to attract some good players that i am confidant of.

Guest Deep456

Arshavin

Deco

Bentley

Barnes

Dunne

Nani(loan)

Are all possible

Possible based on what?

Yeah, players like Bentley and Nani are going to be f****** BEGGING to come here.

Hold on just a second. Players do not sign to hear about past sucesses, they sign to be a part of sucess. Also going be your theory if players never signed for sides in the bottom half then you wouldn't have the massive strides by teams like Porthsmouth and Man.City.

Notice I said Nani on loan, I am pretty sure Man.U want him to develop and will probably let him go on loan to someone like us for more first team action. As for Bentley, blackburn aren't that much better positioned than us in the table. We are mid-table this season who's to say we will be next. Also Newcastle United isn't a middle sized club. We have a 52,000 seater stadium which very few clubs in England have and a great fan base. You have shown you have very little clue about what you talk about.

With regards,

Deep.

Arshavin

Deco

Bentley

Barnes

Dunne

Nani(loan)

Are all possible

Possible based on what?

Yeah, players like Bentley and Nani are going to be f****** BEGGING to come here.

Hold on just a second. Players do not sign to hear about past sucesses, they sign to be a part of sucess. Also going be your theory if players never signed for sides in the bottom half then you wouldn't have the massive strides by teams like Porthsmouth and Man.City.

Notice I said Nani on loan, I am pretty sure Man.U want him to develop and will probably let him go on loan to someone like us for more first team action. As for Bentley, blackburn aren't that much better positioned than us in the table. We are mid-table this season who's to say we will be next. Also Newcastle United isn't a middle sized club. We have a 52,000 seater stadium which very few clubs in England have and a great fan base. You have shown you have very little clue about what you talk about.

With regards,

Deep.

Get real, Deep. Bentley or Nani would never come here. Any one of the top four could put in a decent bid and he'd be off there in a shot, most likely. He could probably go anywhere he liked after the season he's had. The 'worst' he could get (not really the right phrasing) would be to stay at Blackburn another season.

Deco pace?  ???

I doubt we could get Nani on loan, i expect him to be making a bigger impact at Manu next season, its going to plan, him and Anderson.

Bentley i think is a possibility, why not?

Arshavin & Barnes should of been bought in the winter window, lets hope we go for them next window, and Dunne's release clause would be great to trigger, £1.5m? Citeh must be shitting themselves.

Deco pace?  ???

I doubt we could get Nani on loan, i expect him to be making a bigger impact at Manu next season, its going to plan, him and Anderson.

Bentley i think is a possibility, why not?

Arshavin & Barnes should of been bought in the winter window, lets hope we go for them next window, and Dunne's release clause would be great to trigger, £1.5m? Citeh must be shitting themselves.

Because he's not smacked off his tits, probably. We're worse than the likes of Boro at the moment, we're not in Europe, we've got no history of success, he's young and very talented and English, got a massive future if he plays his cards right (Beckham's replacement ffs!?), he's got a highly-rated English right-winger already here which would be unwanted competition*, and if the top four or a big club from abroad don't come in for him now - he'll wait at Blackburn another season, who are a decent side with a decent manager.

Let's face it, Bentley would be mad to come here. He's not realistic at all imo.

*Milner is highly-rated, maybe not by us, but on the whole.