Man United (h) - 23/02/08 - pre-match thread

womblemaster

Can't see anything other than a Manc win here. What will be interesting is what kind of performance the players put in. If it ends up being a walkover, then some of them will doubtlessly have played their last game for the club. KK will be looking for a reaction tomorrow - will he get it though ?

It's gonna be very tough tomorrow and I'm sure the Mancs will be intent on goading us over the present situation.

United Front 

While memories of the last time Kevin Keegan sent a team out at SJP against Alex Ferguson abound, we prefer to take our text for Saturday from a game we actually lost.

"Thunderous and awe-inspiring" was our description of the support provided by home fans at the SJP meeting of the two United's in March 1996, some seven months before the more famous "Howay 5-0" game.

A 1-0 victory thanks to Cantona's second half goal proved to be the point at which the course of the Premiership title was re-plotted from North East to North West.

But the vocal encouragement that day as Newcastle attempted to batter down the defence commanded by Schmeichel lives long in the mind - and that was from a 36,500 capacity SJP.

We lost, but there was a sense that we've given it our all - whether shouting and playing - and competed. We can think of other C words to describe our second half capitulation at Villa Park two weekends ago.....

This latest meeting is a massive opportunity to forget about safe standing, game 39, league form, misadventures of former players, the price of gas, whatever.

Focus is required - from the stands and dressing room.

If you're going with a black & white heart, shout hard - after all, you did it for Allardyce's side against Arsenal in November to good effect...and you didn't even like him.

And it doesn't go right, let's retain some pride and dignity and deny these b*stards the satisfaction of seeing us implode in public.

Keep the faith. 

www.nufc.com

Emre is such a pathetic individual. He is the biggst tease ever.

Hope he's the first person we get rid off this summer. We've been waiting for him to come through all season. He is blatantly taking the piss.

Butt and Barton midfield tomorrow then. Fantastic.

Hope he's the first person we get rid off this summer. We've been waiting for him to come through all season. He is blatantly taking the piss.

faye and n'zogbia would be my choice

Unfortunately I don't think Butt is going to be left out, and Zoggy for me has looked a bit dopey at CM. Faye may also be more important for us at CB. Taylor and Cacapa just won't get it done against Rooney and Tevez.

Unfortunately I don't think Butt is going to be left out, and Zoggy for me has looked a bit dopey at CM. Faye may also be more important for us at CB. Taylor and Cacapa just won't get it done against Rooney and Tevez.

i would play faye in midfield as his height isn't really needed at the back agaist rooney and tevez but a performance like he did in midfield V chelsea could be very valuable tomorrow. it was the best defensive midfiled performance by any nufc player this season.

www.nufc.co.uk

Sir Bobby To Mark 75th Birthday @ SJP

SIR Bobby Robson will be presented to the St.James' Park crowd before Saturday's clash with Manchester United having this week celebrated his 75th birthday.

So make sure you get down to the stadium a little bit earlier with the former Magpie manager due onto the pitch ten minutes before the 5.15pm kick-off.

Robson took over the Toon reins in 1999 and during a five-year stay on Tyneside took the club to an FA Cup semi-final, UEFA Cup semi-final, back into the Champions League and 3rd place in the Premiership.

www.nufc.co.uk

Sir Bobby To Mark 75th Birthday @ SJP

SIR Bobby Robson will be presented to the St.James' Park crowd before Saturday's clash with Manchester United having this week celebrated his 75th birthday.

So make sure you get down to the stadium a little bit earlier with the former Magpie manager due onto the pitch ten minutes before the 5.15pm kick-off.

Robson took over the Toon reins in 1999 and during a five-year stay on Tyneside took the club to an FA Cup semi-final, UEFA Cup semi-final, back into the Champions League and 3rd place in the Premiership.

Poor sod. This'll finish him off.