Obafemi Martins

Wullie

if I had to lean one way i'd predict that he wont be here come september 1st. But it's far from nailed on, and I actually think he'd be happy to stay

So do I, where else would he get almost 70k a week?

:facepalm:

if I had to lean one way i'd predict that he wont be here come september 1st. But it's far from nailed on, and I actually think he'd be happy to stay

So do I, where else would he get almost 70k a week?

:facepalm:

OK...he's not on 70k, where as would he get 60k, 50k, 40k....

Martins is a crock of shit and if we can get any sort of fee for him we should get rid asap.

Plenty of "fans" on this site used to say the same about Jenas and Dyer, luckily they weren't in charge of transfers otherwise the club would be £16million poorer today.

Plenty of people wanted rid of Milner for £0-£4m too. Then have the cheek to have a dig at the boards (including Shepherd and the Halls era).

Michael Owen didn't get any decent service while he was here and so looked invisible the majority of the time as he was not capable of impacting a game in any other way other than scoring goals. Altogether made him look a much worse player.

Martins didn't get any decent service while he was here and so for the majority of the time pressed the issue way too much and lacked confidence. Altogether made him look a much worse player.

It's really that simple.

If I was a team who could provide the service I would personally roll with Martins though. When the confidence and self belief is there he is a major threat in numerous ways.

Pretty good summary there - Oba's biggest problem was trying too hard early in the match, getting frustrated then giving up.

It was the way he sprinted to the bench after being dragged that bothered me most about him though. Surely a real professional is disappointed and drags his heels exiting the field...?

Guest firetotheworks

Owen > Martins: Discuss*

*Dont really, its boring and tired as f***

Martins is better than Owen even if for the simple fact that Martins does not solely rely on other's service for his goals.  Martins can create his own chances and make something happen.  Owen is far from that.

Martins is better than Owen even if for the simple fact that Martins does not solely rely on other's service for his goals.  Martins can create his own chances and make something happen.  Owen is far from that.

That would make Bellamy better than Shearer.

There is a 0 percent of him being here next year in my opinion. I'm of the opinion he was a prett good player for us, but who cares, he's definitely gone.....probaly to the continent. Same with the likes of Jonas and Colo.

All three players are saleable assets as they are all relatively young and fit and have some sort of resemblance to modern day athletes. Colo won't fetch the fee we paid but that's because as usual we over-paid. The problem areas for me are the players who don't look like they can last 90 mins of pub football or are too old. These players are on big contracts and have no football ability and legs made of jelly. I leave it to others to work out who they are.

That would make Bellamy better than Shearer.

If Bellamy scored as many as Shearer it would.

Why hasn't he gone yet?

So many whys...why haven't we an owner yet, why haven't we a manager yet, why are we so fecking shite, why were the moon landings faked, why hasn't parky been to a game in the last seven years....whywhywhy

• 1 year later...

I liked his interview, talking about how he won :lol:

Also his (this isn't exactly what he said, just paraphrasing) "I though right, can't fuck this up, please don't fuck this Oba and I didn't fuck it up so I won".