Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

But Fenerbahce already have Sow, Kuyt and Cardozo....

Cardozo hasn't moved from SLB.

Fener have no European football and Rubin are already getting Cisse  :shifty:

That got overturned, they are in CL prelims now.

I have more faith in us competing with those two than Spurs, like.

Same here. This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Looks like their chairman is desperately trying to get us into an auction.

Same here. This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Looks like their chairman is desperately trying to get us into an auction.

it'll be more a wage auction than a transfer fee auction.

Article from beginning of the month fwiw. He subsequently rejected Swansea ofc.

Lyon and Swansea agree Gomis terms

Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas has said the club have held negotiations and agreed terms with Swansea over the potential sale of striker Bafetimbi Gomis.

Gomis, 27, is set to hold talks about his future with Lyon on Monday, but Aulas has previously said the player – who has a year remaining on his contract - should seek a new club as the Ligue 1 outfit look to balance the books.

"I had the feeling, and I was even almost sure, we could have convinced Bafe [to leave]," Aulas told L'Equipe.

"The Swansea chairman [Huw Richards] came to Lyon to sign the commitment, and we checked the offer was superior to what Bafe earns at Lyon."

In a club statement on Sunday, Aulas said promising centre-back Anthony Martial had been sold to Monaco for €5 million because OL had been unable "to complete a move with one of the players likely to leave, notably Bafetimbi Gomis, before 30 June" -the cut-off date for an influx of funds.

Aulas said Gomis, who has reportedly rejected moves to Rubin Kazan, Fenerbahce and Fulham over the past year, was now the obstacle to his own sale, adding: "It's becoming more a problem of behaviour."

"OL don't want to keep me, but I'm going to find a new club, a new home, like I did when I left Saint-Etienne [his previous club]," Gomis told Sky Sports over the weekend.

Meanwhile, Gomis' team-mate Jimmy Briand tweeted on Sunday to say an interview published by Sky Sports in which he was quoted as saying there was interest in him from West Bromwich Albion "was not me".

Although the former Rennes forward remains likely to move on, Clement Grenier will almost certainly not, despite interest from Arsenal.

The newly-capped France international, 22, has a year remaining on his current deal with OL, but Aulas said he was optimistic he could be persuaded to sign a longer contract.

"Grenier will be here next year," L'Equipe reported him as saying. "We're looking at a one-year extension, perhaps more."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1488889/lyon-swansea-agree-gomis-terms?cc=4716

This lad picks his clubs and won't be forced into any moves. It's a game of brinksmanship between him and Aulas. If he really wants to come here, desperate Lyon will have no choice but to lower their demands.

it'll be more a wage auction than a transfer fee auction.

From the players point of view, yes. But I was talking about the chairman and he won't give a toss about Gomis' wages.