Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Guest antz1uk

in all fairness i think he's been fucking us about since last year, he's been wanting that move all along and just used us as a pawn

Guest neesy111

in all fairness i think he's been fucking us about since last year, he's been wanting that move all along and just used us as a pawn

Well it was NUFC that broke of negotations last summer over the transfer....

Guest bimpy474

Dunno why we're blaming Gomis, pretty apparent we didn't really try for him last summer. Especially after everything that's gone on this window.

If i had to choose who to believe between his agents or this club right now, i'd choose his agents.

He was a good shout for the summer as he was on a free. If we assume Remy is gone in the summer and we lose Cisse this month, we're left with de Jong (if he still fancies it). Easiest option for the hierarchy is to keep Shola on so we don't lose too many bodies and have to spend loads on replacements. Urgh.

I just thought the likes of Abeid, Almaliftano, Haidara etc were signed and then nothing expected of them. Pop them in the reserves and see how they get on, if they are good enough, they'll step into first team. Don't think they were talked up to be replacing anybody.

Haven't seen him play that much but he certainly seems to be a good goal scorer these days.  Over the last three seasons on average he's scored a goal every 167 minutes (1.86 games).  When I have seen him he's looked a decent Footballer as well.

Looks like we won't be getting him now though.

• 2 months later...

I see he has scored another goal today. 13 goals in Ligue 1 so far this season. He also scored 3 goals in the Europa League. It's a shame NUFC won't be getting him. Even if we did sign him he'd probably be counted as our main striking re-enforcement/Remy replacement rather than being seen as a great upgrade on Shola.

I see he has scored another goal today. 13 goals in Ligue 1 so far this season. He also scored 3 goals in the Europa League. It's a shame NUFC won't be getting him. Even if we did sign him he'd probably be counted as our main striking re-enforcement/Remy replacement rather than being seen as a great upgrade on Shola.

13 goals in Ligue 1 doesn't sound particularly good. Better than Shola though as you say

13 goals in Ligue 1 doesn't sound particularly good. Better than Shola though as you say

Only 6 have more (3 who were linked over the last year). Ibra, Cavani, Aboubakar, Cabella, Lacazette & Gignac.