Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Gomis

Gourcuff  Grenier    Benzia

Gonalons  Mvuemba

Dabo  Umtiti  Kone  Fofana

Lopes

They played this vs PSG at home. From the rest of the reports I've seen so far, Gomis plays as the lone striker in the same system.

Guest bimpy474

Seriously do NOT want us to play 4-4-2!

I would mind it if we actually had a winger. 4-3-3 for me like

Exactly! + many other players not suited to 4-4-2.

And any kind of 4-4-2 will involve Ben Arfa as the right sided player, defending much more than he should. 4-3-3 and Ben Arfa as one of the front 3, much more dangerous, higher up the pitch. That'll do for me.

tbh, he´s just a young Shola. Mixing lovely goals with totally blunders. Not at all exited with this.

Might as well kill yourself tbh.

Do you seriously think he´s good?

He's as good as its going to get around here, and better than what we've currently got. Cisse excluded, but he'd not have to do much to out score him either.

Currently it's a good link and nice option should he come in. Starting the season with one want away striker is get closer to becoming a reality, whatever his flaws Gomis would be a welcome addition as long as we get someone in to partner him, even bent.

Fair enough. Still, I have never really liked him and I don´t think he ever will be a hit here. Agree though that a new striker don´t have to do much to be an upgrade at what we got.

Gomis has some international pedigree and is less of true unknown.  I think Leon at times was outstanding with some of the things he could do with the ball but his injury problems never allowed us to get the most out of him.  Gomis is strong, decent pace, has good hold-up play and I actually quite like his style of being sort of a big bullish CF.  He's an absolute upgrade on Leon who I really do rate.  I'm really hoping we pull this off as I think it could be a great signing for us.

Gomis has some international pedigree and is less of true unknown.  I think Leon at times was outstanding with some of the things he could do with the ball but his injury problems never allowed us to get the most out of him.  Gomis is strong, decent pace, has good hold-up play and I actually quite like his style of being sort of a big bullish CF.  He's an absolute upgrade on Leon who I really do rate.  I'm really hoping we pull this off as I think it could be a great signing for us.

:thup: cheers mate.

Don't think Villa are stock full of options up front and Bent doesn't seem to have a future there. They are probably still looking for a striker and I doubt Benteke signing a new contract changes anything on the Gomis front. They might well get in another striker anyway as Benteke still looks likely to move on in the near future.

I'm staggered how many people like Leon Best on here.

Strong lad who did all the hard work for his strike partners and pitched in with some excellent goals and some memorable performances. His hat trick on his full league debut, or the turn and strike vs. Fulham at home a few seasons back amongst others.  We've not recovered since his departure in terms of striker depth, so that alone is enough to justify positive thoughts about the guy.

I'm staggered how many people like Leon Best on here.

Strong lad who did all the hard work for his strike partners and pitched in with some excellent goals and some memorable performances. His hat trick on his full league debut, or the turn and strike vs. Fulham at home a few seasons back amongst others.  We've not recovered since his departure in terms of striker depth, so that alone is enough to justify positive thoughts about the guy.

:thup: