Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Still think we should just pull out and tell them - AND Gomis's ars*h*le agents to go  **** themselves.

Ridiculous to hang on and give them the feeling they have US

Really couldn't care less. I still hope we get him.

Beggars can't be choosers.

As I think I saw Sifu say, I still have the feeling he's going to end up here. Also agree with those who've said that it appears that Marseille are his first choice and they're playing silly buggers in the background, hence the delay. Similar to what we've been doing with Darren Bent by all accounts.

I don't think there's a lot either ourselves or Lyon can do in this situation. Naturally, Gomis seems to be attracted by the idea of a Champions League club, and in the final year of his contract, he holds a lot of power. He can decide to sit things out for a year, and then move on a free. OM can sit back and wait.

As Rich says, it's not as though we or other clubs haven't done the same kind of thing.

Aye defo think OM have told him to stay at OL and they'll take him for nowt next year where OL would prefer the cash now from us. Personally think Gomis dosen't really want to come here.

I don't think there's a lot either ourselves or Lyon can do in this situation. Naturally, Gomis seems to be attracted by the idea of a Champions League club, and in the final year of his contract, he holds a lot of power. He can decide to sit things out for a year, and then move on a free. OM can sit back and wait.

As Rich says, it's not as though we or other clubs haven't done the same kind of thing.

Think you summed this up pretty spot on and that's why we should pull out now and look elsewhere.

Aye defo think OM have told him to stay at OL and they'll take him for nowt next year where OL would prefer the cash now from us. Personally think Gomis dosen't really want to come here.

So why has he agreed terms with us and said to a fan on Twitter that he was learning "Jordy"? And he also said that sadly the decision to join us it's not his own.

Al Jazeera are claiming Lyon have dropped their asking price and we're now ready to sort out the deal, the difference in money going to the agent.

No mention of St Etienne's share then? :lol:

So why has he agreed terms with us and said to a fan on Twitter that he was learning "Jordy"? And he also said that sadly the decision to join us it's not his own.

To keep us sweet in case the move to OM falls through? World cup year and being frozen out at OL if he rejects us may jeopardise his chances so a move to a us may be the best option in such circumstances.

Guest neesy111

Virtually all footballers get agents first and lawyers later. It's a stupid move for anyone, let alone uneducated men in their 20s.

As a lawyer, I never understand why players don't just use law firms to act for them instead of agents.  I suppose sometimes it is helpful for a player to have a shady character who is more than happy to agitate for moves on your behalf in a way that a lawyer would be dutybound not to act.

That is what Ronnie is on about as he's practising law I believe.

Exactly,the decision is Lyons! The day i see him in a black and white shirt is when i believe it not in the newspaper or some twitter shoite.

Virtually all footballers get agents first and lawyers later. It's a stupid move for anyone, let alone uneducated men in their 20s.

As a lawyer, I never understand why players don't just use law firms to act for them instead of agents.  I suppose sometimes it is helpful for a player to have a shady character who is more than happy to agitate for moves on your behalf in a way that a lawyer would be dutybound not to act.

That is what Ronnie is on about as he's practising law I believe.

watch jerry macguire (sp)

Gomis wants to come here, as seen on Instagram, but I guess Marseille would be even better. So, as he's happy to sign for us and Lyon HAVE to take money, I think this'll still happen. The two clubs will reach a compromise and Gomis will be ok with coming here, you'd think.

Gomis wants to come here, as seen on Instagram, but I guess Marseille would be even better. So, as he's happy to sign for us and Lyon HAVE to take money, I think this'll still happen. The two clubs will reach a compromise and Gomis will be ok with coming here, you'd think.

"As seen on Instagram..." :lol: That tickled me... :lol:

Marseille would be a bit of a sideways step don't you think? He's played Champions League, etc already with Lyon, I don't think he'd achieve any more in France. He's at the age now where a move to England or Spain would be about right, it won't be with a top 6 club but we're the sort of club who'd give him first team football at a relatively good level.

Guest Phil K

Al Jazeera are claiming Lyon have dropped their asking price and we're now ready to sort out the deal, the difference in money going to the agent.

LINK PLS

Personally, I'd prefer we just told the agent AND Gomis to go to hell

Marseille would be a bit of a sideways step don't you think? He's played Champions League, etc already with Lyon, I don't think he'd achieve any more in France. He's at the age now where a move to England or Spain would be about right, it won't be with a top 6 club but we're the sort of club who'd give him first team football at a relatively good level.

Yeah I think he definitely wants to come here.

Guest bimpy474

Bafétimbi Gomis ‏@BafGomis 7m

Beaucoup d émotions dans les adieux de licha au peuple lyonnais un réel plaisir d avoir joué avec ce grand joueur

Many emotions in farewell to Lyon licha people a real pleasure to have played with this great player