Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Guest Recoba

I am convinced we have agreed terms with Gomis. Gomis is turning down every club that is offering the money Lyon want, as he wants to come to us. Aulas is livid and we have told Gomis to sit tight as we try to screw Lyon.

Maybe.

Guest Phil K

Phil, Steve Hodge played for Forest , Spurs and England.

Steve Lodge was a Barnsley ref.

PML Er....whoops.

Always recall him as Hodge. I stand corrected (only got one letter wrong...what are you griping about ?)  ;D :laugh: :iamatwat: :whistle:

Good work Jeremy Factsman.

But correct. Sherlock Incognito has a good sound to it...... :snod:

Gomis full transfer and Remy loan till court case clears would be very good business. Probably enough for the likes of Cabaye & hba to want to stay and see if we can turn it around.

That and a new 5 year deal for hba and its been a good summer for us.

So 8m euros. How much did they allegedly want, 10m?

Yep, 10 with addons but that ain't happening. I think that's our max and they'll know it, £7m for a player out of contract in a year while being skint is a good deal for them, this is hopefully it as it sounds like the player wants to be here and agreed terms in principle.

Guest chopey

Would be very satisfied with Gomis and Remy, don't think we've got enough Frenchmen as it stands.

totally agree I think our current crop of 54 frenchies is nowhere near enough and I for one will not be happy until we have at least 60+

Would be very satisfied with Gomis and Remy, don't think we've got enough Frenchmen as it stands.

Will just be the 13 in the senior squad if we get these too plus another 2 who speak French. Mmmm varied.

That would be the squad pretty much done for me (being greedy a centre back and another wide player would be nice).

A lot of talk about Sunderland, Norwich etc.. but I would struggle to fit any of their players into our team and maybe even on the bench* if we get these two.

*We could have outfield players like Gouffran, Bigi, Gomis, Saylor, Haidara and Anita on the bench and still have a team of -

Remy    Cisse      HBA

Marveaux

Cabaye  Sissoko

Santon  Colo  MYM  Debuchy

Not sure how many players I would swap from that bench with players from teams around us.

That would be the squad pretty much done for me (being greedy a centre back and another wide player would be nice).

A lot of talk about Sunderland, Norwich etc.. but I would struggle to fit any of their players into our team and maybe even on the bench* if we get these two.

*We could have outfield players like Gouffran, Bigi, Gomis, Saylor, Haidara and Anita on the bench and still have a team of -

Remy    Cisse      HBA

Marveaux

Cabaye  Sissoko

Not sure how many players I would swap from that bench with players from teams around us.

"But Pardew and the hoofball and the 4-4-2 etc."

3 players who can't tackle in midfield would be novel.

Remy    Cisse      HBA

Marveaux

Cabaye  Sissoko

had a similar conversation last night about the mackems, problem is we have the worst manager in the league to utilise our talent so we'll still be shite

I was hoping for a more orthadox/tricky winger type plus one out-and-out striker, but these two would be close enough and could potentially form a pretty tasty partnership themselves too.

The French comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but 12 (13 if you count Abeid despite him declaring for Algeria) is a mad amount.

Suppose Amalfitano and Abeid himself may be on their way soon enough anyway, Obertan too hopefully.

The dream is obviously that all happens, Shola goes as well and we do still get someone for the left wing...