Jimmy Bullard sign him?

Guest Harry-Norway

Didn't someone say Hughton was spotted at the Hull vs Fulham game? Sun just jumping to conclusions. More likely we were looking at Altidore as Rich mentioned I believe.

Bullard is injury prone and quite old now and just wouldn't be a sound investment at all.

He's meant to be on about £60k per week at Hull.

If he's over the worst of his injury problems and if he was willing to sign a pay-as-you-play type deal on a much lower wage he'd be worth going for, despite his age.

If such a contract was devised, I would be in support of it. We want to avoid tying down players of that age for contracts of 2 years or over.

I am quite happy about the strict policy of not signing players over a certain age. Not that I don't rate Bullard but teams that sign too many players of this type always start to slide down the table before too long. I think we need to look at a powerful midfielder with a good engine rather than a Bullard. Someone in the Tim Cahill mould would be perfect.

well it's from The Sun so......

JIMMY BULLARD is wanted by Newcastle this summer.

Toon face promotion rivals Nottingham Forest at St James' Park tonight, almost dead certs to bounce straight back into the Premier League.

And boss Chris Hughton is already looking to life back in the big-time with Hull midfield ace Bullard one of his top targets.

Owner Mike Ashley is set to give Hughton £15million to go shopping.

Bullard cost Hull £5m from Fulham two years ago and earns around £30,000 a week at the KC Stadium. That is small fry for Toon.

Hughton said: "We have a lot of good players here but we are always looking to strengthen. I've got some big decisions to make.

"We've got a scouting system set up to identify players doing well and there are ones we have on the radar once we've achieved promotion."

After nine games unbeaten Newcastle have one foot back in the Premier League.

Victory over third-placed Forest could see them promoted with a win at Peterborough on Saturday if Billy Davies' men lose at Bristol City.

Hughton added: "To seal promotion in early April is a big achievement and a credit to all the hard work the lads have put in."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2911122/Hughton-fancies-a-bit-of-Bully.html#ixzz0jXuNeN3j

Comparing him to what the press report our transfer strategy to be:

Right age: No

Right sort of fee: No

Sell on potential: No

Righ level of wages: No

Good fitness record: No

For me there is no doubting his ability. He has that nackwhere he can influence games and results. Hulls late little resurgence of form under Brown was largely due to Bullards return.

Having said that he's a total crock, ageing etc. and wouldnt represent value for money in any way.