Skirge

Can't really see us getting anything from this one

Harper

Beye        Faye    Taylor      Enrique

Geremi      Barton        N'Zogbia

Owen              Martins

Viduka

3-0 to Spurs

Fantastic that we've built up a bit of confidence heading into this game.

I think it will be a very exciting contest and I really feel it could go either way.

We are certainly in with a chance and I think we could nick a result.

2 - 3 Newcastle win.

Oba Martins 50 yard screamer to win it in the 94th minute, after one from Barton and another from Owen.

Thinking about it, our formation is kinda weird. I tried setting it up in FM and......

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7940/433ni8.jpg

....close enough?

have you tried it? is it any good? :lol: (Beye is having a really long piss)

Played one friendly match against Hannover was without Owen and Barton and lost 2-0. Then I went on to draw 0-0 with Wigan in the first league match  :crazy2:

The lines curve themselves when you set them to run askew.

Played one friendly match against Hannover was without Owen and Barton and lost 2-0. Then I went on to draw 0-0 with Wigan in the first league match  :crazy2:

The lines curve themselves when you set them to run askew.

even on a virtual game he must have retired by now ?

Thinking about it, our formation is kinda weird. I tried setting it up in FM and......

....close enough?

Forget Beye, Geremi can get his stream to bend!

If Spurs turn up, they will win - they are a better side player for player.  But with them having nothing to play for, the result could go any way: it all depends if Spurs fancy it or not.

They all have much to play for.  All the players have been told they are playing for the right to continue their Tottenham careers.  There are some that Ramos just does not rate and others that will not fit comfortably in the system he wants to use.  I can envisage a lot coming in and going out.

If Spurs turn up, they will win - they are a better side player for player.  But with them having nothing to play for, the result could go any way: it all depends if Spurs fancy it or not.

They all have much to play for.  All the players have been told they are playing for the right to continue their Tottenham careers.  There are some that Ramos just does not rate and others that will not fit comfortably in the system he wants to use.  I can envisage a lot coming in and going out.

I know what he is trying to say.

What it means is that the players play without the usual level of pressure (avoiding relegation, going for that 4th CL spot etc). It leaves the players to relax a little bit more and generally improves their game.

Much like what happened to us mid season when Glenn Roeder first took over. The relief of Souness going coupled with the fact we

knew we werent going down released all the tensions form the players and we ended up finishing in a UEFA spot.

Makes Spurs even more dangerous.

What it means is that the players play without the usual level of pressure (avoiding relegation, going for that 4th CL spot etc). It leaves the players to relax a little bit more and generally improves their game.

Much like what happened to us mid season when Glenn Roeder first took over. The relief of Souness going coupled with the fact we

knew we werent going down released all the tensions form the players and we ended up finishing in a UEFA spot.

I must admit I didn't read it like that, still don't tbh.  I think the point you make about playing without tension is valid, but after the win against Fulham and the relief of getting KK's first win out of the way, you could easily argue the lack of tension for Newcastle as well.  The threat of relegation is now all but gone and the players can now concentrate on impressing KK.

In a funny way, Spurs don't really show tension as such in Premier League games since Ramos arrived, they start off with their passing game and don't show the signs of panic even when they went 2 goals behind against Chelsea last week.  They look more unsettled when trying to preserve a 1-0 lead, maybe because they have been in that position so many times this season and let it slip.

I think the transformation when Roeder took over had everything to do with Souness and the shackles on the team he provided going and Roeder giving them the freedom to express themselves.  Without a detailed strategy for the future, the short term fix that Roeder employed was always going to hit the buffers as some stage.

I must admit I didn't read it like that, still don't tbh.  I think the point you make about playing without tension is valid, but after the win against Fulham and the relief of getting KK's first win out of the way, you could easily argue the lack of tension for Newcastle as well.  The threat of relegation is now all but gone and the players can now concentrate on impressing KK.

In a funny way, Spurs don't really show tension as such in Premier League games since Ramos arrived, they start off with their passing game and don't show the signs of panic even when they went 2 goals behind against Chelsea last week.  They look more unsettled when trying to preserve a 1-0 lead, maybe because they have been in that position so many times this season and let it slip.

I think the transformation when Roeder took over had everything to do with Souness and the shackles on the team he provided going and Roeder giving them the freedom to express themselves.  Without a detailed strategy for the future, the short term fix that Roeder employed was always going to hit the buffers as some stage.

I think about 80% of the relegation fear has lifted. I think at the back of their minds, they and we know they still need another 2 wins to be certain but yes, I think we might come out of our shells a bit more now after the win against Fulham.

All in all, it has all the potential for being a good game but to be fair to Spurs, all of their games recently seem to be goal laden, entertainment-fests.

here's hoping for Spurs to take a 1-0 lead (  O0 ) but in all honestly, I would happily take a point now if offered. A toon win is the least probable of the results

Is there a reason why this game is on Sunday? Do Spurs like to pretend they're still in Europe? :lol:

Moved on Police Advice (orders really) ages ago as Chelsea are at home to Boro on saturday and both the Met and the BTP were wary about the radgies from the 4 teams clashing, as Boro have history with Spurs and us and Chelsea and Spurs hate each other and often clash.

Is there a reason why this game is on Sunday? Do Spurs like to pretend they're still in Europe? :lol:

Moved on Police Advice (orders really) ages ago as Chelsea are at home to Boro on saturday and both the Met and the BTP were wary about the radgies from the 4 teams clashing, as Boro have history with Spurs and us and Chelsea and Spurs hate each other and often clash.

The Chelsea game is also on sunday.

Chelsea-Middlesbro    30. mar. 12:30 

Tottenham-Newcastle    30. mar. 14:00 

Got this from a Spurs forum:

"Just received this from Paul Barber as way of an explanation.

"Dear Darren

We sometimes try to secure an extra day's recovery time when our players have been on international duty. Not all teams agree, but Newcastle did.

Regards, Paul"

Harper

Beye        Faye          Taylor      Enrique

Butt

Geremi                Barton

Owen          Viduka            Martins

I fancy us to go on a little bit of a run, even though Spurs will be expected to wallop us. I had similar thoughts about the same fixture last year. I also think our formation will suit playing Spurs, although winning is a tough ask.

For me, Berbatov and Keane are nailed on to score. So i'll say 2-2 with Owen and Viduka for us.

The Chelsea game is also on sunday.

Chelsea-Middlesbro     30. mar. 12:30 

Tottenham-Newcastle    30. mar. 14:00 

Got this from a Spurs forum:

"Just received this from Paul Barber as way of an explanation.

"Dear Darren

We sometimes try to secure an extra day's recovery time when our players have been on international duty. Not all teams agree, but Newcastle did.

Regards, Paul"

shame for us as we only have Owen and Zoggy away

....close enough?

Forget Beye, Geremi can get his stream to bend!

While Owen pisses out his arse.

I think we can get something out of the Spurs game, if we can put in a performance that is like the Brum 2nd half and our 1st half v Fulham we have every chance. Spurs can score for fun at the moment though so hope the defence can cope with them.

Can see this being a very entertaining high scoring game.

Guest andynufc84

I think we can get something out of the Spurs game, if we can put in a performance that is like the Brum 2nd half and our 1st half v Fulham we have every chance. Spurs can score for fun at the moment though so hope the defence can cope with them.

Can see this being a very entertaining high scoring game.

Yep it probably will be a high scoring game but can see them scoring more than us, unfortunately.