Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

any reason why nzogbia isnt even on the bench??

Because he is a winning little french cunt

fuck you

and

We'll get one back.

First time this season I've been able to agree with this sentiment.

Agree with that too.

absolutely f****** awful defending

Piss off. Quality cross, quality header, quality goal. He probably could have closed Malbranque down a bit but that really wasn't 'absolutely f****** awful' defending.

you lot honestly, you dont know what defending is

Piss off. Quality cross, quality header, quality goal. He probably could have closed Malbranque down a bit but that really wasn't 'absolutely f****** awful' defending.

Shouldn't have been a cross in the first place. We're not closing them down anywhere near fast enough.

The guy only took 1 touch before his cross, it's not like he had the ball for ages.

Guest Phil K

Usual standard of defending this season ("not awful defending "? ? ? You jest, surely ?)

Just when I thought they'd turned the corner.

"Piss off. Quality cross, quality header, quality goal. He probably could have closed Malbranque down a bit but that really wasn't 'absolutely f****** awful' defending."

you lot honestly, you dont know what defending is

What it comes down to is they're stuck in excuse-mode

When you're a fullback, you don't wanna get beat to the byline because a lot more damage can be caused, so most defenders will allow the cutback cross because it's the lesser of two evils.

Why does a quality goal have to be turned into a mistake by one of our players?

You don't think two players standing three yards from somebody just about to put a cross in and not doing anything about it does qualify as shit defending..?!

tbh wasn't expecting anything from this game. as long as we beat Reading we'll be fine.

I'm not so sure. A win from this, and another win in the next couple of games and I'd say we'll be OK, but even then not 100% safe.

tbh wasn't expecting anything from this game. as long as we beat Reading we'll be fine.

I'm not so sure. A win from this, and another win in the next couple of games and I'd say we'll be OK, but even then not 100% safe.

Not 100% safe??? So bolton are going to win 4 out of 6 games?