Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

Football was sublime today. To see  the back four trying to avoid hoofing it at all costs was fantastic. Makes you wonder if we have been spun a yarn by Allardyce, Souness etc about all this tactical c...p. It was also completely different to the same match season which, easy to admit now, we were incredibly lucky to win.

Has KK been on SSN yet?

Butt has been pretty fuckin good since KK came in.

Yep him and Butt have both been on. He said he was delighted, shows that we've got quality in this squad and won't take much to rejuvinate the team next season. Blackburn even though we lost was the turning point. That's all I remember :).

Some Spurs fan has just rang in to TalkSport and said that Newcastle were the poorest side he has seen at WHL all season.

You lot are lying bastards. You all told me that we played well today !!

Keegan deserves a massive amount of praise for the result today, he's took a load of unfair criticism on the chin and proven the doubters wrong, it may only be one game but we had no right to expect what was served up today, I can't remember when I last enjoyed a game so much, I can't remember anything as good under Allardyce and possibly not Roeder.

Thanks Kev, you deserve today.

Football was sublime today. To see  the back four trying to avoid hoofing it at all costs was fantastic. Makes you wonder if we have been spun a yarn by Allardyce, Souness etc about all this tactical c...p. It was also completely different to the same match season which, easy to admit now, we were incredibly lucky to win.

Switching back to 4-3-3 and making it work was a tactical masterstroke from Keegan.  If he had an Armani suit on like Ramos and a gay little pink scarf, the media would be be calling him a genius.  He also seems to have figured out how to play Owen & Martins in the same team, something Sam & Roeder never managed.

The papers will be full of how spurs underperformed rather than how much we dominated and out classed them. We clearly deserved the result and more from that game what with the amount of posession, chances, corners etc. Listening to the commentators trying to make excuses as soon as spurs went down was embarrasing but right now, I don't give a fuck. Great result meaning the hard work is ALMOST done.

3 points next weekend and the real party can start!