Moments that took your breath away *DO NOT POST YOUTUBE CLIPS*

Mowen

South Korea's run at the 2002 WC was amazing, I never even knew they could play soccer and every time they went to another stage I couldn't believe it. The goal against Spain (iirc) really took me by surprise and I remember thinking 'they could actually go through here!'

Ronaldo (not Cristiano) on heaps of occasions, just because he looked like he was utterly unstoppable on his day.

Germany 1, England 5. I was gobsmacked. England 4, Holland 1 in '96 was another.

The real Ronaldo practically embodies the word breathtaking. Electric. He's that good, his YouTube compilations have decent soundtracks.

One of the two goals Beardo scored against Portsmouth in 1983/84 season, it was lashing down pitch was attrocious he dribbled past a defender took the ball round the keeper then dragged the ball back to avoid a defender sliding in with a last ditch tackle he stood on the six yard line waited for him to slide past then walked the ball into the net, pure class. :smitten:

They must show this on the TV before the match tomorrow, if not it is on you tube if you look hard enough.

Not Toon-related and not even a beautiful goal as such either but just for sheer drama...Michael Thomas at Anfield in May 89. Arsenal had to win by 2 clear goals to win the league, into injury time, leading 1-0, cue Brian Moore..."For Thomas, it's up for grabs nowwwwwwww.......THOMAS!!!!! right at the end.."...didn't like the Gooners even back then but that was some drama, I threw my cup of coffee aal ower the floor in all the excitement

I remember larsson scoring two quality goals against rangers few years back. One where he dribbled from the half way line past 2 or 3 defenders and then brilliantly chipped it over the goalkeeper. And the other in a different match where he controled a cross, turned and hit it into the top corner.

Both were just sheer class. :pow:

Guest JamesD

Search youtube for "guevara chivas" and look for the goal he scored against them off of a Djorkaeff free kick. One of the few games i've been to, and the mexican fan's were out in numbers, and this shut them up.

Guest BooBoo

Nik the Greeks header at the Stadium of Plop, followed by reveal of hugely hairy chest! There was absolute hell on in the away end.

The Zoggy run against Man U. Still wish something happened at the end of that.

Martins vs Spurs last year.

The Argentina goal vs Serbia and Montenegro

Messi vs Getafe, even though I only saw it on highlights.

Guest BooBoo

For me, unless its a moment involving Newcastle (and to a much lesser extent England), moments dont really take my breath away or any of that nonsense.

I'd rather see a Toon tap in than watch Messi take on half of Spain before scoring with his chin.

Never understood the bumming of zidane's goal in the final like. Decent strike but world class? Nah.

:lol:

:lol: indeed.  That goal was slightly better than decent.

Bet you there's 2 or 3 better goals scored every month in the Premiership, at least. Yeah it's a great goal but because it was the final and because it was Zidane, it's made to be better than it was. I mean look at this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/1990830.stm

Greatest ever goal in Europe? Was it bollocks.

When the ref gave us the penalty vs. Celtic at Shearer's Testimonial, and I saw him walking to the touchline to come in and score his very last goal... it was probably more heartbreaking than breathtaking. This is my most memorable football-moment ever.