Other clubs' transfers

Dave

You having a laugh, Liverpool are selling Benyoun?!

I'm sorry but that is a truly ridiculous decision.  :doh:

EDIT: Official site dismisses the rumours. Thought they couldn't be that stupid.

They're stupid enough not to play him though, so anything's possible.

Never understood why Rafa doesn't seem to rate him. Probably doesn't return the best heart monitor results in training.

1244: Midfielder Yossi Benayoun is set to leave Liverpool for Spartak Moscow, according to the Russian club's sporting director Konstantin Sarsania. The clubs expect to agree a fee of £7m for the Israel international

Liverpool's transfer policy is appalling.

Another £7m for Rafa to spunk away on shit players. What a joke!

He's not a youth product. They bought him from Isthmian League side Maidstone United about 18 months ago, he would have been 18/19 then. He's been training with the first team squad ever since. Hodgson does look a lot at non-league players, Hampton & Richmond were very close to agreeing a deal in last year's winter window for striker Ben Wright to go to Craven Cottage. Was supposed to be around 150k, They pulled out at the last minute over a medical issue and he went to Peterborough instead for about 75k.

Ok but Hodgson was probably one of the biggest reasons behind the development of Smalling.

By picking him in the team?  I'm sure the Fulham youth coaches who did the day-to-day work with him would have something to say about that

Hodgson is a very hands on manager, he leads training. At least according to what the Norwegians playing there keeps saying in the Norwegian press.

He's not a youth product. They bought him from Isthmian League side Maidstone United about 18 months ago, he would have been 18/19 then. He's been training with the first team squad ever since. Hodgson does look a lot at non-league players, Hampton & Richmond were very close to agreeing a deal in last year's winter window for striker Ben Wright to go to Craven Cottage. Was supposed to be around 150k, They pulled out at the last minute over a medical issue and he went to Peterborough instead for about 75k.

Sometimes I wonder how many potentially good/great players slip through the cracks of most professional clubs youth setups and end up playing semi-pro or non-pro football. I.e. didn't Luca Toni play in lower leage teams until his mid-20s or something like that?

Basturk is a free transfer not a loan deal.

How the fuck does he have the cheek to complain about the number of foreign imports? He's the BIGGEST culprit. More so than Arsenal, atleast they're looking to develop young English talent. Sam just signs journeymen neebody foreign players on the cheap. What a tosspot.