Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He's definitely not inferior to Gibson.

Gibson is crap, like really crap. Beyond having a canny shot once in a while he's terrible technically, in terms of passing, vision etc. He actually would struggle to improve our midfield in that sense.

But I take it you're referring to the Carrick that moved to ManU for £14m and had a few solid seasons for them, as opposed to the Carrick that played last year for them?

His entire game is based around his passing/distribution. He's not a natural ball winner, he's not the most athletic of players, he's not a goal threat, and technically he's very limited on the ball (which is why he passes it quickly in the first place). Since he was very poor last year in terms of passing/distributing the ball, shockingly so at times, and his touch had deserted him, he was pretty much a nothing player for ManU. Compared to Gibson, he looked inferior when Gibson did play imo. Can't say I noticed Gibson's touch/passing being awful, maybe you're right, but with Carrick being so visibly piss poor, merely posing a goal threat was enough for Gibson to look a better player imo. And given that Gibson is younger with possibly more room to improve as well as being from the ManU academy, maybe Fergie sees him as a better prospect than Carrick?

Or as Dave says, it might be that he wants to bring through other prospects. But with Scholes and Giggs on the wane, and Carrick being in a prime age for a midfielder in his position, surely Fergie wanting him out should ring alarm bells for anyone? Assuming there's truth in this rumour. And of course the notion of him being another Butt type Fergie cast-off depends on whether last season was a blip for Carrick, or the start of a slide. If Fergie does let him go, I'd hedge my bets on it being the latter - he's not infallable, but if there's a manager out there who excels at getting rid of players at the right time then it's Fergie.

Pique, Rossi and Forlan for example?

McGrath, Stam and Van Nistelrooy. ;)

...Smith, Butt

:pow:

Ledley wouldn't have been free if we would have signed him.  We would have to pay about 3m in compensation (not 100% about the amount).  But because Celtic isn't a English club that rule doesn't apply.

He's also very stupid, i'd take the 5k less a week and play in the premier league (albeit for Stoke) than play in Scotland. "Champions League football" is nice but it's only for 2 games...

Ledley wouldn't have been free if we would have signed him.  We would have to pay about 3m in compensation (not 100% about the amount).  But because Celtic isn't a English club that rule doesn't apply.

Cardiff aren't an English club...

Cardiff aren't an English club...

You're right, but it plays in a English league so that might set the rules for other clubs playing in a English league.  But I'm no expert ;)

bullards loan move to celtic off due to "ridiculous financial demands from the player" according to adam pearson who sounds rather bitter about it

I thought on a loan move he would continue to get his current wages and Celtic would just pay his current club. Obviously not.

Getafe's coach has confirmed the sale of Pedro León to Real Madrid, although it's still pending on Mourinho approving it.

Shame for Getafe, they're getting plucked of their best players.

First Soldado and now Leon.

Getafe's coach has confirmed the sale of Pedro León to Real Madrid, although it's still pending on Mourinho approving it.

Shame like. Reckon this could stifle Pedro Leon a bit myself. He'll never get to the level he could have at an Atletico Madrid/Valencia whilst at Real Madrid in my opinion. Especially since the 'Galactico' theme re-appeared again last summer.

Getafe lost Granero last year and they plugged along nicely. Good knack for picking up cheap Spanish players with potential.

I agree that a Valencia/Atlético would have been much better for León. Although Mou doesn't buy into the Galáctico bollocks this doesn't even seem to be his signing so I can't see him playing much.

Colace left Barnsley? Where is he at? Always thought he was just way too good for them.

His wiki says he's still there.

Signing for Swansea apparently, out of contract but it's not complete I don't think.

Edit: Looks like Sousa's exit has put it on hold - but it looks like he's trying to leave a sinking ship.