Amara Diane off to Qatar

Willow

Guest Darth Toon

Speaking of which ... I find these reports that Fat Sam was looking to sell Martins rather startling, considering he didn't bring in anyone with any kind of attributes even closely resembling those which I have hilighted. So he was basically envisioning a strike force of Viduka and Owen with Duff and Geremi on the wings? Yikes.

I had the exact same thought - we would have been left with zero pace in attacking positions, apart from Zoggy getting forward from left back of course!

He obviously just reckoned he could get the "Kevin Davies model" to work for us... :doh:

Was speaking to an Arsenal fan earlier who saw him play in the Emirates Cup last year and rates him highly - good on the deck, fast, skillful and can pick a pass. Would be well worth a punt imo, especially if he's said he wants to come.

KK turned Rob Lee from a rather unproductive midfielder to an attacking box to box man who would often reach double figures, despite a history of inability in front of goal.

Is that why Lee's scoring record was better for Charlton than for us then?  bluerazz.gif

I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

Fairly young and pacey he would be useful in our 4-3-3, playing a role much like martins but working the right/center striker position. That is if KK keeps with this 4-3-3 (which I hope he does).

Guest Guinness

Read somewhere that they're after 6m.

If we bid for him, the fact that he wants to sign for us puts us in a strong position to negotiate so I'd fancy us to knock a wedge off that.

Guest optimistic nit

Got to laugh at some of the comments about goalscoring ratios.

Do you guys honestly think we can compete in the market for 1 in 2 merchants? Honestly? It's fucking ridiculous.

well, yes actually. anyway 5/30 is fucking atrocious, and i'm not saying for a low fee we should not think about it, but there's no way i'd be happy with a striker scoring 5 goals in 30 starts here.

Got to laugh at some of the comments about goalscoring ratios.

Do you guys honestly think we can compete in the market for 1 in 2 merchants? Honestly? It's f****** ridiculous.

well, yes actually. anyway 5/30 is f****** atrocious, and i'm not saying for a low fee we should not think about it, but there's no way i'd be happy with a striker scoring 5 goals in 30 starts here.

But we don't know the circumstances of those games. He may have been playing out wide or deep for all we know.

Aye exactly. Some people don't think like that though. It's all straight lines and closed boxes.

So PSG were playing St Ettienne and Keegan was there, but instead of being there to watch Gomis he went to watch this Diane guy? ???

EH!?

Did he close his eyes whenever Gomis came close to the ball?

What if Diane and Gomis got close to each other? That would be a right dilemma!

So PSG were playing St Ettienne and Keegan was there, but instead of being there to watch Gomis he went to watch this Diane guy? ???

EH!?

KK was watching one and Terry Mac the other.

Cue hilarious cross purposes conversation on the way home.

EH!?

I've just split my sides laughing. You should go on tour.

I'm just wondering why all the attention is on Diane, a player who i hear is quite average, and not the guy we've been linked to for 5 months.

EH!?

I'm just wondering why all the attention is on Diane, a player who i hear is quite average, and not the guy we've been linked to for 5 months.

I wouldn't take what this lad says at face value tbh.

EH!?

Lighten up man, was only joshing.

I think it's just because it's a new link more than anything. The Gomis stuff has been doing the rounds for a while now. Plus, we've had direct quotes from Diane re: Keegan/Owen/Martins which has obviously caught the interest of the media because it's an easy story.

EH!?

:laugh:

They have already been heavily linked with Saint Etienne’s Bafetimbi Gomis, while Paris-Saint Germain striker Amara Diane revealed yesterday that he would like to move to United.

Keegan, Terry McDermott and executive

director (football) Dennis Wise were all in Paris last weekend to watch PSG take on St Etienne and Diane claimed that there have been talks about his possible transfer between the clubs in the last few days.

He said: “Kevin Keegan is a dream coach, his team always plays offensive football and playing in England would be a great opportunity.

“I know there is some contact between the two clubs and if an agreement is reached, I will go to Newcastle. To play with Michael Owen would be great and there is also Obafemi Martins who is a top striker.

“The Premier League is attractive and some of my Ivorian friends are there, so I would be in good company.”

Looks like there has been a move for him then, dont know anything about him to comment on him though so will leave it to others .

PSG's Diana cools Newcastle talk

tribalfootball.com - May 16, 2008

PSG striker Amara Diane has cooled talk of a move to Newcastle United.

L'Equipe says Diane has denied quotes attributed to him this week that he was excited about the prospect of joining Toon in the summer.

Nice one, not seen those quotes before.

Oh, apart from the OP.

OP please elaborate ,not good on these abbreviation thingys

The opening post.

Sorry, I'm just getting bored of all the shit rumours and duplicated stories already. Not offence intended. :blush:

Nice one, not seen those quotes before.

Oh, apart from the OP.

OP please elaborate ,not good on these abbreviation thingys

The opening post.

Sorry, I'm just getting bored of all the s*** rumours and duplicated stories already. Not offence intended. :blush:

Luke Edwards has just regurgitated all over this mornings Journal that story he has obviously got fook all  new to write about.