Evans To TOON?

Crumpy Gunt

It'd be interesting to see people posts about him earlier in the season when he looked quality - im sure there wasnt a single person who was criticising him before he had that shocker. Cant rememebr properly but im sure he played really well the next game "to put him demons away" and everyone was lauding him for that.

Quite frankly i think he's been one of the best centre halves in a while behond Woodgate and Faye at least....not saying muc about our defence though.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=46267.0

Good find. :thup:

It'd be interesting to see people posts about him earlier in the season when he looked quality - im sure there wasnt a single person who was criticising him before he had that shocker. Cant rememebr properly but im sure he played really well the next game "to put him demons away" and everyone was lauding him for that.

Quite frankly i think he's been one of the best centre halves in a while behond Woodgate and Faye at least....not saying muc about our defence though.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=46267.0

Good find. :thup:

Aye, having read some of those comments in comparsion with these- im not sure which judgment is a fair redflection of his time here. In my book, i though he was quite good who had some much needed attribute but maybe struggled a little with the physical side, he was also put under a huge amount of pressure under SA tactics, would of been interestng to see how he would of done when we werent under so much pressure...

Cacapa is a good player when faced with a small, nippy player but when faced with a bruiser type striker he struggles as he doesn't have the physical force to gain the one-up on him but he is far from a shite player, past his prime maybe but he will still be a decent alternative to have in the squad. Some peoples over-reactions on here are farcicial.

I didn't see every match last season, but I still think he only had one bad game.

You see i probably share similar views to this - maybe not just onebad game but i didnt think he was as bad as people made out - i just thought that the defence was made to look shit becasue of Allardyces tactic which put us under constat pressure, i always see him making a lot of interceptions and cant remeber him ever being compleelty doinated by a striker like he was against Benjani. Didnt make any major gaffs either. Just a defender who sucumbed to the pressure he was put under - like every defender in thwe qworld.

Cacapa is a good player when faced with a small, nippy player but when faced with a bruiser type striker he struggles as he doesn't have the physical force to gain the one-up on him but he is far from a shite player, past his prime maybe but he will still be a decent alternative to have in the squad. Some peoples over-reactions on here are farcicial.

Good analysis.

Cacapa looked absolute class until that game. He was unlucky in that he never got to play once KK had realised what a disgusting waste of oxygen Smith and Duff were/are, not to mention the reintroduction of Viduka and Martins, players worthy of being called footballers.

Faye and Taylor got to play in a full side while Cacapa was usually playing in a team of 9 men - resulting in a constant barrage.

Guest MaetihS

Taylor if not for him being a young Geordie, should be offloaded asap. prob one of the worst defenders in the prem league. vastly overrated. Cacapa is way better as u can see he has quality, give him time aka Vidic. Taylor on the other hand has been churning crap performance week in week out.

Taylor if not for him being a young Geordie, should be offloaded asap. prob one of the worst defenders in the prem league. vastly overrated. Cacapa is way better as u can see he has quality, give him time aka Vidic. Taylor on the other hand has been churning crap performance week in week out.

You're not even trying anymore - who is going to believe you really think Taylor is the worst defender in the league, or that Cacapa can become the next Vidic.

Go to your room, silly boy

Mackem.

Terrible post.

Mackem.

Didn't  know the Mackems loved Cacapa so much.

Load of bollocks

Load of bollocks

he's right about Taylor though, vastly overrated and an inferior defender to Cacapa

Load of bollocks

he's right about Taylor though, vastly overrated and an inferior defender to Cacapa

I dont think Taylors performances were crap week in week out but he needs alot of room for improvement.I also dont think Cacapa is ever going to recover after Portsmouth match.I hope im wrong cos he was looking a class player up till then

Load of bollocks

Who overrates him? Seriously? I really want to know the answer to that question. This tripe about him being let off cos he's young and cos he's a Geordie. As far as i can see, on here anyway, he's rated evenly. Decent player, has potential, but pretty limited in a few departments. Can anyone really disagree with that?

Agree that Caçapa is better though.

So you agree that Taylor is one of the worst defenders in the Premiership then? :rolleyes:  Come off it, he's not great by any means but he's far from one of the worst.

So you agree that Taylor is one of the worst defenders in the Premiership then? :rolleyes:  Come off it, he's not great by any means but he's far from one of the worst.

if you believe the press we have been linked this close season with 2 who are a lot worse than taylor....dawson and gardner

Load of bollocks

Who overrates him? Seriously? I really want to know the answer to that question. This tripe about him being let off cos he's young and cos he's a Geordie. As far as i can see, on here anyway, he's rated evenly. Decent player, has potential, but pretty limited in a few departments. Can anyone really disagree with that?

Agree that Caçapa is better though.

on here i would say about 60% overrate him. In the pubs in town about 70% consider him a good defender. Dont even get me started about the rest of the country who seem to think he's our best defender. And the fucking media, jesus, you'd think he was the next Rio Ferdinand