Cristiano Ronaldo wants to go to Real Madrid, but will stay at Man Utd

Skirge

All Man Utd need is a left winger.   Giggs is past it and Nani is garbage.  They can't possibly improve in any other department, and I somehow doubt they'd need to sell Ronaldo to fund one transfer.

Oh, and he's not the best player in the world. :)

Although I acknowledge Ronaldo isn't exactly the most admirable of characters, imagine being offered your dream job only for your current boss to tell you that you're not allowed to leave; that he'd actively block your departure. I'd be doing my utmost to leave too.

If he wants to go, he's gone.

All Man Utd need is a left winger.   Giggs is past it and Nani is garbage.   They can't possibly improve in any other department, and I somehow doubt they'd need to sell Ronaldo to fund one transfer.

Right-back?

All Man Utd need is a left winger.   Giggs is past it and Nani is garbage.   They can't possibly improve in any other department, and I somehow doubt they'd need to sell Ronaldo to fund one transfer.

Rubbish.  Right-back, forward, left winger, keeper.  They aren't weak but they could certainly improve.

Don't think Nani is garbage either. Definitely a cunt, but seems a very good player.

Not this season; he's been fairly shit every time i've seen him play. He'll probably turn into an excellent player once Ferguson's sorted him, though.

Don't think Nani is garbage either. Definitely a cunt, but seems a very good player.

Not this season; he's been fairly shit every time i've seen him play. He'll probably turn into an excellent player once Ferguson's sorted him, though.

Definitely needs to learn when to pass rather than going for glory.

Can't argue with that. Feel the same about Zoggy.

Sounds like somebody else in their first season at Man Utd a few years ago...

Can't argue with that. Feel the same about Zoggy.

I'd swap the two in a heartbeat tbh

Sounds like somebody else in their first season at Man Utd a few years ago...

Only Ronaldo was still only 17 at the time, whereas Nani is nearly 22.

There not even comparable really tbh.

That said, I think Nani is a useful enough player. Never be top class I wouldn't think, but a handy player to have in your squad.

Despite the age difference, I see the similarity in a refusal to pass, the ill-advised flicks, the petulance. With the quality rather hidden. I see a lot of the same things Ronaldo showed tbh, and I reckon Fergie thought the same when he bought him. Not saying he'll be as good, but I think if anyone can repeat the same trick with Nani, Ferguson can. Sadly.

Despite the age difference, I see the similarity in a refusal to pass, the ill-advised flicks, the petulance. With the quality rather hidden. I see a lot of the same things Ronaldo showed tbh, and I reckon Fergie thought the same when he bought him. Not saying he'll be as good, but I think if anyone can repeat the same trick with Nani, Ferguson can. Sadly.

Ronaldo is still pretty bad for all of these things though.

Thing is he makes up for it with sheer pace and a wonderful ability to score goals. Nani does have a decent strike on him, but I'm not sure he has the same eye for goal that Ronaldo does, and while he's quick it's not near Ronaldo's level. He's also much slighter and shorter than Cristiano so he's much easier to outmuscle and never going to be as effective in the air.

He'll improve under Ferguson, of course, but I don't see him ever being a key player for them.

• 2 weeks later...
CRISTIANO RONALDO is not wanted at Real Madrid because he is a mega-earning bottler.

The astonishing blast comes from Real star Wesley Sneijder.

Dutchman Sneijder says the winger’s massive wages would upset team-mates — and claims Ron ‘disappears’ in big games for Manchester United.

Sneijder said: “It would be bad for the dressing room as he would earn better wages than the rest of the squad.

“It would not matter to me but I know there are other players who would not like that. Maintaining the stability within the squad is important.”

Sneijder thinks the Spanish champions have players as good as Ronaldo anyway — like Chelsea target Robinho.

The Bernabeu forward, 24, also says the Old Trafford star can go missing in games.

Sneijder said: “To speak highly of him would be slightly disrespectful to the players that are here and have shown their class.

“There are already similar players to him here like Arjen Robben.

“I want Robinho to stay — he is almost the same as Ronaldo.

“People criticise him a bit and say Robinho does not play well in big games but I’ve seen Ronaldo disappear in some of United’s big games.”

Real are trying to bag Ronaldo from Old Trafford in a £70million deal and would pay him around £150,000-a-week net.

But Sneijder says Real should save their cash. He said: “This side doesn’t need to make signings.”

:lol: get in there!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/07/17/manchester-united-injured-star-cristiano-ronaldo-s-10k-night-of-booze-and-dancing-at-club-89520-20651635/

All this is playing on his mind you can tell..

Manchester United injured star Cristiano Ronaldo's £10K night of booze and 'dancing' at club

Exclusive: Star's £10,000 night of booze and dancing

By Martin Fricker  17/07/2008

Another player overstepping the mark at Manure and will be in Fergies bad books  ;D

Manchester United ace Carlos Tevez believes Cristiano Ronaldo's desire to join Real Madrid should be respected and not ignored.

The Portugal international's future has been the number one transfer story this summer after he confirmed his wishes to join the Liga giants, a move which prompted The Reds Devils to slap a 'not for sale' sign on his services.

Despite Real's best efforts to prise the 23-year-old away from Old Trafford, the free-scoring winger remains on a long-term deal with The Red Devils.

Tevez believes that if Ronaldo's heart is set on a move to El Santiago Bernabeu then United should be more willing to talk, a move that is unlikely to go down well with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Great players

"The [united] team has great players, including Cristiano Ronaldo, of course," Tevez told AS.

"It's clear that he is a very important player for us, but this is a personal decision, which is up to only him.

"I understand Cristiano. Every footballer wants to play at Real Madrid. On the other hand, I also think that everyone wants to play for Manchester United, but if what he seeks is something else, I think that should be respected.

"I have not talked to him, but when these things happen, neither side feels good."