Cristiano Ronaldo wants to go to Real Madrid, but will stay at Man Utd

Skirge

Setanta Sports News all over this story, he has said he would love to play in Spain and apparently could move in the summer. I would piss myself if Man Ure lost him.

:lol:

from SSN site..

Ron reveals Real admiration

Portuguese content at United, curious about Madrid

Cristiano Ronaldo has spoken of his admiration for Real Madrid in a candid interview that will alert the Spanish giants and alarm Sir Alex Ferguson.

Madrid have made no secret of their admiration for the PFA and Football Writers' Player of the Year and it would appear the feeling is reciprocated - with Ronaldo refusing to rule out playing in Spain in the future.

A wonderful campaign for the Portuguese has seen Manchester United retain the Premier League title, while they could make it a double on Wednesday evening should they see off Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League final in Moscow.

It was only earlier in the week that Ronaldo moved to play down speculation over a switch to Madrid, with the 23-year-old keen to reaffirm his commitment to Old Trafford.

Madrid have consistently voiced their interest and reports have suggested they would be prepared to part with in the region of £100million.

Ronaldo admits he will weigh up his future after the Moscow showpiece, having conceded his love of Spanish football.

Committed but curious

"It is always important that other teams like you, it gives you motivation. The other teams say your name all the time, say they will give you this - it is good," Ronaldo told Sky Sports News, when quizzed on Madrid's interest.

"I have said 1,000 times, I am very happy here. I want to stay in Manchester. This is my role but the future - nobody knows. Only God knows.

"I have said 10,000 times I have a dream to play in Spain, but sometimes dreams do not come true. I still dream, I still dream.

"I am happy at Manchester United, but the future? You never know.

When pushed on whether he could guarantee United supporters that he will be in Manchester next season, Ronaldo offered: "I am happy here, but the future - who knows?"

Don't ruin the fantasy, him fking off from Man Ure is pure gold, I think Fergie would just explode, his blood pressure would shoot that high he would just splatter himslef allover Old Trafford.

Guest nufc_geordie

Did anyone actually see the interview last night where he made these comments? I watched all fo ti and the press this morning are an absolute joke.

What he actually said was that it is his dream one day in football to play in Spain before he retires but in the real world drams don't always come true. He said he was loving it at Manchester United, really happy and does not intend going anywhere but when the interviewer said to him can you garauntee 100% you will be here next season he said he couldn't. His reply was along the lines of how can anyone say 100% they will be in their position next season, things happen that may change things (I suspect he was alluding to the possibility of Ferguson retiring if Man Utd win the champions league) but if things stay the way they are he will be a Man Utd player.

I think if Man U win the Champions League then there's a lot more chance he will leave providing someone can come up with a hell of an offer. I think he'll be looking at it if they do win it as what more can I achieve here?

He won't leave.  If it was a player here, we'd be saying what crap it is and that the media are spinning it.  Funny how it changes when it's another team.

I agree. That's why everyone has a persecution complex, it simply isn't noticed when the same sort of thing happens to other clubs in the media.

In the prime of his career, and he hasn't even reached that yet, it would be a stupid footballing-based decision to leave the current coaching staff who are supplying the kid with an outstanding footballing education.

Will Real be able to provide him the complementing attacking frontline & playing style which gives Ronaldo the sort of 'freedom in the attacking 1/3' he currently enjoys at United? I very much doubt that. IMO if he goes to Real - lets say within the next 3 seasons - he'll go from being arguably the best player on the planet to being another big-name youngster who found themselves moving to one of the Spain's 'Big-Two' far too early.

Guest shearer_united

I think he will stay at Manchester United. He will develop and improve a lot on his skills -  Manchester united know how to use him.

Though i feel after a few years then he would leave man utd for Spain.

Don't ruin the fantasy, him fking off from Man Ure is pure gold, I think Fergie would just explode, his blood pressure would shoot that high he would just splatter himslef allover Old Trafford.

You're making it sounds like Man Utd would completely implode if he left.