The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My God. Another amazing comeback from the Turks. Would love it if they won the whole thing. Love it.

Although since Tuncay and Arda are suspended for the semis, while Nihat may be injured, they might not have much of a chance...

I had a bet on Turkey, but after 90 minutes  :doh:

Turkey v Germany will be mental, is it correct that there are more Turks in Germany than in Istanbul? (or something). It'll be bedlam in Germany the day of the game, Germans for me for the winners, they just know how to win.

And I've got a bet on them to win the cup.

Haway the Jormans.

Thats what is great about football,an ending like that (unless your the loser) when most of the game was crap .Glad England are not in the competition in a way as i hope those over paid pre madonnas can watch the competion and realise what they are missing though i doubt they really care that much any way.The emotion at the end is what its all about and thats what i want to see from our players .

The emotion at the end is what its all about and thats what i want to see from our players .

well John Terry's getting very good at crying if that's what you're looking for.

Would he do that for England though .

Turkey have provided us with an absolutely incredible 5 minutes of football over the last two games, I celebrated those goals like I would England!

scored a last minute winner against Switzerland

Been leading for a total of 4 minutes this tournament  :lol:

Its was a pretty much even game turkey played better then the croatia for around 30 mins in the initial 90 mins the first and last 15 mins, and then took control in extra time, the only reason croatia lost was bilic doing the same mistake mclaren did against them playing one up front and playeing to deep, it was easy to deterimine that turkey was going to play this game like they played against portugal and that they have done alot of work on conditioning as all they players was able to run for 90 mins each game without stopping against the swiss and czechs and planned not to concede a goal till the ends of the second half when the croats was more tired. the little winger sabri played right back for the first 90 mins and in extra time played as a winger, tuncay played as a defensive midfileder for most of the game ( im sure he meant to be a forward for boro) which shows there injury problems yet they played better then the croatians for 60 mins out of the 120 expectially in the extra time period against a well rested croatian team as they let there b team play against poland. if croatia went in this game to win they would of... why play one upfront and play modric to deep? turkey was unable to control him ..i dont expect the joachim low to do the same mistakes slavan bilic did, i think they will win comfortably in the semi's like 4-0 or something

Guest Alex20
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080620/capt.ca308dd891334652b255e191383504fb.soccer_euro_2008_croatia_turkey_eur456.jpg

Thanks again to the Turks for another entertaining as fuk end to a football game.

Germany Vs Turkey is going to be a classic, imaging the celebration from the Turks based in Germany if they won?

Shame to see violence spill out after the match looked serious enough and if that were England our place in the Semi's would be on dodgy ground. But its the Turks, the can stab shoot and punch anyone the please.

Netherlands: Van der Sar, Ooijer, Mathijsen, Van Bronckhorst, Engelaar, Van Nistelrooy, Sneijder, De Jong, Kuyt, Boulahrouz, Van der Vaart.

Russia: Akinfeev, Ignashevich, Kolodin, Saenko, Arshavin, Semak, Zyryanov, Zhirkov, Pavlyuchenko, Semshov, Anyukov.

Netherlands: Van der Sar, Ooijer, Mathijsen, Van Bronckhorst, Engelaar, Van Nistelrooy, Sneijder, De Jong, Kuyt, Boulahrouz, Van der Vaart.

Russia: Akinfeev, Ignashevich, Kolodin, Saenko, Arshavin, Semak, Zyryanov, Zhirkov, Pavlyuchenko, Semshov, Anyukov.

The Dutch defence looks a bit dodgy to me, but I don't think Russia will be able to get at them. Should be a good game.

Guest lankybellwipe

I'm all confused

why is a dutch man helping the Russians from the safety of the Russian hole thing at the side of the pitch?

I'm all confused

why is a dutch man helping the Russians from the safety of the Russian hole thing at the side of the pitch?

Easy mistake to make.  The Dutch hole thing & the Russian hole thing look identical when no one is sitting in them.  He's just sat in the wrong one.

The Dutch defence looks a bit dodgy to me, but I don't think Russia will be able to get at them. Should be a good game.

Eh? So far in the tournament the Russians have looked very creative going forward... just had several Emile Heskey's upfront. But they can't defend very well either..

Arshavin is some player.