The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

well that was cack.  The Polish didn't seem to care that we were begging for them to lose.  We opened the windows, and turned the telly up full blast when the German national anthem came on, and went nuts for their 2 goals.  They were out in the back garden, and probably heard us, but were to busy fannying on having a BBQ.  I think they're not interested in football which means we won't have got to them, and they'll continue to blast out the Polish and Albanian Eurovision entries from 1996 24/7 still.  :angry:

First 4 games, in my opinion, have shown how important it is to have a goalscorer in your team if your going to get anywhere in this tournament. Switzerland, Austria, Turkey and Poland all looked decent enough and created opportunities but didn't have anyone in the final third to finish off a good move.

I can see Romania turning out a bit of a shock because they seem to be one of these teams like the above, but with Mutu they have a quality striker.

Think Portugal might struggle in the latter stages due to their lack of a prolific striker, their midfielders will see them through to the Semis though I reckon.

On the other hand, Germany have 3 strikers on the pitch at the same time, all of whom have good goal records. Think that could make the difference.

First 4 games, in my opinion, have shown how important it is to have a goalscorer in your team if your going to get anywhere in this tournament. Switzerland, Austria, Turkey and Poland all looked decent enough and created opportunities but didn't have anyone in the final third to finish off a good move.

I can see Romania turning out a bit of a shock because they seem to be one of these teams like the above, but with Mutu they have a quality striker.

Think Portugal might struggle in the latter stages due to their lack of a prolific striker, their midfielders will see them through to the Semis though I reckon.

On the other hand, Germany have 3 strikers on the pitch at the same time, all of whom have good goal records. Think that could make the difference.

Might as well play Ronaldo in the middle and play either Nani or Quaresma wide.

He'll not beat a real quality fullback with skill or pace but he'll fuck a lot of defenders aerially.

I've won £80 from the first 4 matches and sticking a straight £50 on France...they'd better not f*ck up.

Risky if you ask me, Romania are a good team and will keep it tight.

Thinking of putting a tenner on Romania to qualify out of their group.

Would laugh me tits off if two of the 'big' teams didn't make it through....

Guest teepee

just looked at Lukas Podolski`s goal record for Germany - 27 goals in 49 games (add 2 more if Wikipedia has not been updated?).....and he`s still only 24. Phonomenal record. Shearer didn`t manage that until he was 30 plus!

yet he is no success at bayern, this is really a great mystery to me....

Might as well play Ronaldo in the middle and play either Nani or Quaresma wide.

He'll not beat a real quality fullback with skill or pace but he'll fuck a lot of defenders aerially.

:kasper:

Guest optimistic nit

I love Desailly.

Was just thinking the same thing, BBC need to get him on more.

aye.