Positives?

Guest BooBoo

Guest firetotheworks

There was a time when I hated Duff more than Owen and when I think about him it gets right on my wick because I loathed him as a player, but Owen has the adage of not only being a rubbish person but being completely oblivious to the fact that he's rubbish and that no one likes him. 

Owen was an excellent player when he signed and was still a very good one until the moment Keegan left - even in spite of his loss of pace. KK was the only thing keeping his career going because when he left, Owen lost whatever appetite he had for playing football. When that dissipated, so did his talent and among with it any respect I or most of us ever had for him. By the time he left he was an utter cunt and remains so to this day.

Owen was an excellent player when he signed and was still a very good one until the moment Keegan left - even in spite of his loss of pace. KK was the only thing keeping his career going because when he left, Owen lost whatever appetite he had for playing football. When that dissipated, so did his talent and among with it any respect I or most of us ever had for him. By the time he left he was an utter c*** and remains so to this day.

Was Owen that close to Keegan or is it that all just conjecture?

- I agree with Ronaldo in that Owen's value expired once his pace went- as we found out, not very long. It was absolutely a massive stunt to appease the fans but also for Shepherd to cut him some slack with the fans; we were in the midst of a horrendous start under a horrendous replacement for SBR, it bought everyone on the management side some time. However, it was an immensely exciting day. Those days always were, as short-sighted as they were.

- If you offered me to win the FA Cup when Portsmouth did, but it meant Ashley never bought the club and we went down Portsmouth's path and were playing in League 2 now, I would take it if you showed me how miserable our existence is under MA now.

Owen was an excellent player when he signed and was still a very good one until the moment Keegan left - even in spite of his loss of pace. KK was the only thing keeping his career going because when he left, Owen lost whatever appetite he had for playing football. When that dissipated, so did his talent and among with it any respect I or most of us ever had for him. By the time he left he was an utter c*** and remains so to this day.

Was Owen that close to Keegan or is it that all just conjecture?

I don't know if they were 'close', but what I said isnt conjecture. It's based on the fact that Keegan developed a new role for him in which he was consistently playing really well, then Keegan leaving and him defaulting to the limited, mercenary cunt he quickly became/returned to.

• 10 months later...