Sebastian Larsson - agent confirms NUFC interest

Captain Underpants

From what I have seen of Larsson, I'd say he has similar attributes and ability to Geremi, albeit fitter but with less experience. I'd be happy with that to be honest, especially if the amiable Geremi stays around to compete and teach him a few tricks.

When Geremi missed games last season, the team ethic and team discipline at NUFC was almost completely eradicated. Given Geremi's fitness troubles, I can see why we'd want Larsson.

However, because of the similarities, I can't see many of the Geremi haters taking to Larsson either.

From what I have seen of Larsson, I'd say he has similar attributes and ability to Geremi, albeit fitter but with less experience. I'd be happy with that to be honest, especially if the amiable Geremi stays around to compete and teach him a few tricks.

When Geremi missed games last season, the team ethic and team discipline at NUFC was almost completely eradicated. Given Geremi's fitness troubles, I can see why we'd want Larsson.

However, because of the similarities, I can't see many of the Geremi haters taking to Larsson either.

Ditto that. Geremi's legs might have gone but he made us tick in some ways.

4m is reasonable.

I'd pay that for him, superb young talent.

What's so great about him?

His all round abilty on the ball is very good. He's got the "Arsenal" touch about him. The real question is whether he can be given a role in a team, so that he can develop as a player and really add something to us.

Right now he's extremely raw, but that's fine for the future.

Guest MrSundlofer

The writer in the Swedish article says Keegan and Larssons agent Per Jonsson have had a chat about the transfer. Isn't it Tony Jimenez or Dennsi Wise job to talk to the players and their agents?

The writer in the Swedish article says Keegan and Larssons agent Per Jonsson have had a chat about the transfer. Isn't it Tony Jimenez or Dennsi Wise job to talk to the players and their agents?

I would have thought so especially as KK is supposed to be on holiday

In that he wore a really loud watch? ???

In that he wore a really loud watch? ???

I'll get your coat. :lol:

Jesus wept.  Are you guys serious about Larsson?  He's very very average.

Writing off a 22yr old who's played in the PL. Yeah he must be shit. Pub garden material.  :razz:

Are people forgetting that we have TWO qualified central midfielders?  Butt & Geremi - two past it grandads - on our books and people are acting as if we're too good for him.  Rubbish.  Deluded.

More or less deluded than the people saying he could be the next bentley?

Here's the gist of it:

- Ability-wise he's on par with the players we have, but he's young so theoretically should improve.

- 4 million isn't too bad a price

- Yet won't be a statement signing by any stretch

Distinctively average. I'd be disappointed.

Scouts, great job.

Maybe you don't like him because he didn't really stand out in a wank Birmingham team that got relegated. And maybe Keegan, etc, like him because of the attributes he has. Have all these people slating the idea been watching loads of Birmingham this season then? From what i've seen, and of Larsson in-particular (which is very little if i'm honest), he's looked decent and scored some exceptional goals.

I'm pretty neutral about it tbh. He seems to fit both recruitment parties' criteria though - young and talented , yet with Premiership experience - and it seems quite promising iyam.

Are people forgetting that we have TWO qualified central midfielders?  Butt & Geremi - two past it grandads - on our books and people are acting as if we're too good for him.  Rubbish.  Deluded.

More or less deluded than the people saying he could be the next bentley?

Here's the gist of it:

- Ability-wise he's on par with the players we have, but he's young so theoretically should improve.

- 4 million isn't too bad a price

- Yet won't be a statement signing by any stretch

I'm not suggesting he would be the next Bentley either, but I'm saying he would be a very good signing for the money given his age and Premiership experience.  Even if Keegan puts his faith in Geremi and/or Butt by keeping them in a team that is supposed to be aiming for European football next season and even if we make a big signing like Bentley or Deco or whoever to partner them in midfield, we would still be hopelessly short of players and one injury away from disaster.

When Butt & Geremi are your first choice, you are asking for a relegation battle IMO.  We need both superior quality and depth to fix that problem.  If we just make "statement signings" this summer we are going to be in big trouble next season when we end up with only 13-15 players we'd be comfortable with having in the first team. 

Guest Mucky01

Distinctly average player who caused Enrique no trouble at St Andrews. Yes he's versatile but he's average in all positions, I want players that stand chance of taking the club forward, Kapo is one of them.

He was the best player on the pitch until he went off injured.

I agree with that – wasn’t it Butt who gave him a good clatterring before half time? Second half was a different game without him and our change of formation, but can’t say I’ve noticed him in any other games last season to judge fairly.