Sebastian Larsson - agent confirms NUFC interest

Captain Underpants

Goodish player and at that money no harm done. Can play 2/3 positions and still developing. For me it's a quiet buy.

I agree...Wouldn't demand very high wages either.....Good buy for the squad..I would sell Milner if we can get a really good price for him and go for a Quality RW also with pace and maybe we can get Arda turan.. Turan/zoggy and New Rw/Larsson wouldn't be too bad to have as left and right sided players...

I think Larsson is one of those players who are currently under-rated, but might well become a highly effective member of the squad. Some players look great individulaly others contribute more to the team pattern. Could be a very astute buy. The best signings aren't always the most spectacular ones.

Give the lack of depth in our squad and the Barton situation I am amazed alot of people would be against signing this guy. He is a good player IMO no world beater at the moment but has very decent potential. Could develop into a right little gem.

Another player who will be overpaid for off the bakc of a good tournament, if he wasnt already on the radar then there isnt a single chance we will get him, the club wont overpay for a player who was available on the cheap but comands a big fee after the tournament.

underwhelming. good squad player but we need better than what we have not just more of the same.

More of the same?  You want a few more over 30 Championship players like Butt & Geremi?

Larsson would be a vast improvement and would offer a lot more on set pieces.  Pleased if this happens.

Guest Heneage

I thought the concept was "3 or 4 Quality" players. NOT "3 or 4 players released by bigger clubs who've had a good season" (Emphasis on SEASON)

Be a good signing as long as he's not the lad we're bringing in and expecting to turn us around or anything.

Tidy player who can play a few different positions. Technically very good which is something we lack badly in midfield, I'd be happier seeing him on the pitch than Geremi or Milner.

I thought the concept was "3 or 4 Quality" players. NOT "3 or 4 players released by bigger clubs who've had a good season" (Emphasis on SEASON)

Remember the last youngster let go by Arsenal who went down in his first full season playing regular football? David Bentley at Norwich. Who'd have thought after that season he'd be the player he is now.

Be a good signing as long as he's not the lad we're bringing in and expecting to turn us around or anything.

Tidy player who can play a few different positions. Technically very good which is something we lack badly in midfield, I'd be happier seeing him on the pitch than Geremi or Milner.

Same here

3 or 4 quality players before we sold Emre and apparently decided to cancel Barton's contract.

And why isn't Larsson quality?  He's a young international with Premiership experience and the most accurate free kick taker in the league. 

Anyone turning their nose up at this one needs to get a fucking grip.

Cant believe the amount of people freaking here, besides the fact he would be a great addition to the squad, how many players have we supposedly put bids in for this summer, ive lost count, none of them have come off and most sources were more reputable.

Basically says we have offered 50 million SEK, but Birmingham wants more. Larsson is flattered by the interest and see us as a big club. However, he's only concentrating on Euro 2008, and his agent's handling everything atm. Wigan and Man City are also interested - but we 'lead' the chase.

Guest Heneage

Remember the last youngster let go by Arsenal who went down in his first full season playing regular football? David Bentley at Norwich. Who'd have thought after that season he'd be the player he is now.

You cannot compare David Bentley who showed glimpses of brilliance at Arsenal with Seb Larsson.

3 or 4 quality players before we sold Emre and apparently decided to cancel Barton's contract.

And why isn't Larsson quality?  He's a young international with Premiership experience and the most accurate free kick taker in the league. 

Anyone turning their nose up at this one needs to get a f***ing grip.

Senderos is a young international with Prem experience doesn't mean I want him. He can take freekicks thats it, he can't create from open play and would be an average signing on 30k.

You cannot compare David Bentley who showed glimpses of brilliance at Arsenal with Seb Larsson.

Anyone turning their nose up at this one needs to get a f***ing grip.

Senderos is a young international with Prem experience doesn't mean I want him. He can take freekicks thats it, he can't create from open play and would be an average signing on 30k.

Pure bollox.

Bentley showed no more than what Larsson did at Arsenal, which is why he ended up at Norwich on loan.

So, can people shut up about us not being active in the transfer window then? This proves, yet again, that the press has no clue what we're doing.

Yeah but he isn't going for £20m so he's obviously not good enough.

So, can people shut up about us not being active in the transfer window then? This proves, yet again, that the press has no clue what we're doing.

Yeah but he isn't going for £20m so he's obviously not good enough.

He's not even got a decent youtube compilation.  :weep: