Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

I was always a big supporter of Emre (ability to change a game, hard working etc etc) but his injury record, especially since his move, has fully justified his sale.

Whatever we got for him was good value.

Shame for such a talented lad that he's never going to consistently demonstrate his ability.

Turkish Beckham, my arse.

I was always a big supporter of Emre (ability to change a game, hard working etc etc) but his injury record, especially since his move, has fully justified his sale.

Whatever we got for him was good value.

Shame for such a talented lad that he's never going to consistently demonstrate his ability.

Turkish Beckham, my arse.

Like I said in another thread (that inspired my contribution to this one), he had his moments. Unfortunately they were very few and far between. As you say, he has the talent, but just being a talented player is not enough if you're not able to demonstrate it on a consistent basis.

• 4 years later...
  • 7 years later...

Brought himself off the bench to score for Fenerbache last night meaning he's now scored in 4 separate decades, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s. Not sure there'll be many more who've achieved this feat, probably Ibrahimovic I'd imagine.

Brought himself off the bench to score for Fenerbache last night meaning he's now scored in 4 separate decades, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s. Not sure there'll be many more who've achieved this feat, probably Ibrahimovic I'd imagine.

Struggling...thought Sheringham or Maldini might have done it, but they only managed 3 decades.

The Roger Milla popped to mind!

And yes, Ibrahimovic just manages it due to his first goals in 99

Struggling...thought Sheringham or Maldini might have done it, but they only managed 3 decades.

Thought about Romario but he retired in 2009. Need a career of over 20 years which starts in a year ending 8 or 9 so it’s about luck just as much as longevity

Thought about Romario but he retired in 2009. Need a career of over 20 years which starts in a year ending 8 or 9 so it’s about luck just as much as longevity

Thought Giggs might have managed it, but he's a year short. Same with Gary Speed...almost got it

Ian Rush just might have managed it depending on when his last goal was in 99-00 season.

Got to be a fair few lower league players that have done this.

If Diego Forlan carries on for another 2 years he could do it

Ian Rush just might have managed it depending on when his last goal was in 99-00 season.

Eh? Forlan's already retired.

Eh? Forlan's already retired.

My bad. Didn't know and thought he was still going in Asia somewhere