Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

Ashley apparently coughed up large wages for Smith, Viduka, Barton etc last summer, but now they have their own man in charge they won't back him with the required wages? Makes no sense; as I say, people just pick and choose what they believe so it fits their overall point.

Aye, can happen to the best of us.

Eh? I was asking the question, seeing as the supposed wages those players are on have been used to criticise the board. You appear to have completely missed my point.

He did agree the wages & would be entitled to be royally pissed off with what he got for it; Smith has been awful, Barton is in clink & Viduka was injured half the time. He may be thinking twice about getting bitten again; but, in the world of football at a club like ours you just have to dust yourself down & pay the going rate. KK can't take the fall for BS's signings but he seems to be suffering for it for now.

If things carry on like this then we need to get the outside investment in that Ashley wants, as this be the only way we will be able make in roads into the transfer market. Considering we have a billionairre owner that should not be the case.

we haven't got him captive you know. apart from the signings we have made the only thing we actually know is that we tried to break our transfer record for modric. maybe the money is there but we don't as a a club want to made made mugs of.

Ok, you believe what the club puts out, ignore the gaps & the patently obvious. You can also say told you so when we do sign someone; which we will & probably 2 or 3 more. There will be no evidence that our transfer dealings this summer were anything other than well planned & executed.

Ashley apparently coughed up large wages for Smith, Viduka, Barton etc last summer, but now they have their own man in charge they won't back him with the required wages? Makes no sense; as I say, people just pick and choose what they believe so it fits their overall point.

Eh? I was asking the question, seeing as the supposed wages those players are on have been used to criticise the board. You appear to have completely missed my point.

He did agree the wages & would be entitled to be royally pissed off with what he got for it; Smith has been awful, Barton is in clink & Viduka was injured half the time. He may be thinking twice about getting bitten again; but, in the world of football at a club like ours you just have to dust yourself down & pay the going rate. KK can't take the fall for BS's signings but he seems to be suffering for it for now.

If things carry on like this then we need to get the outside investment in that Ashley wants, as this be the only way we will be able make in roads into the transfer market. Considering we have a billionairre owner that should not be the case.

we haven't got him captive you know. apart from the signings we have made the only thing we actually know is that we tried to break our transfer record for modric. maybe the money is there but we don't as a a club want to made made mugs of.

Ok, you believe what the club puts out, ignore the gaps & the patently obvious. You can also say told you so when we do sign someone; which we will & probably 2 or 3 more. There will be no evidence that our transfer dealings this summer were anything other than well planned & executed.

what the club puts out ?....they are putting nowt out and i'm all in favour of that.

Me? A problem? :lol:

As far as I can see, there are two people whose gripe has for years not been about the football. It has been personal. Perhaps on this occasion he baited you, but on other occassions you've baited him. Regardless, after a while doesn't it become easier to ignore people? That is certainly what I do to avoid getting in fights with people. As far as I know, there are no arguments beween others that are so personal, so I've had no need to comment.

You can be guaranteed that there will be no tantrum this time around, as I'm stone sober. Wait until later.

You don't have a problem but you throw tantrums once you've had a drink.  :lol:

As far as I can see, there are two people whose gripe has for years not been about the football. It has been personal. Perhaps on this occasion he baited you, but on other occassions you've baited him. Regardless, after a while doesn't it become easier to ignore people? That is certainly what I do to avoid getting in fights with people. As far as I know, there are no arguments beween others that are so personal, so I've had no need to comment.

You can be guaranteed that there will be no tantrum this time around, as I'm stone sober. Wait until later.

it's the colourings in cheap orange squash....drives him mental.

The basic point of your post was that people shouldn't believe what they read in the press was it not?

People just change their minds about what's true and what's not true just to back up their overall agenda.

people just pick and choose what they believe so it fits their overall point.

You then use the alleged wages of Smith, Viduka, Barton to make a point. Now, unless the club or the players have spoken about their wages, or you've rummaged through their bins for their P60, all you are basing your "apparently coughed up large wages" claim on are press reports of their wages. You are therefore doing exactly in one sentence what you are accusing others of doing in your very next sentence.

You appear to have completely missed your own point.

Come on Mick, if you believe everything a lawyer put in print. Lawyers are paid to fudge the truth, in print, on a daily basis. Mort, by his standing, must be very good at it.

There is no great leap of faith needed to come to the conclusion that we are currently making a pigs ear of getting the best players in. Ultimately money will talk when you are in the position we are; either pay up or miss out.

Believe what you want, I'll believe something which has been well publicised and not contested rather than believe something which some people have concluded based on no evidence other than us bidding for players who ended up not coming here, something which nobody has denied.

As far as I’m aware the media picked up on what Mort said and nobody from Spurs or anybody who represents any of the parties involved have said that what he said was wrong, the same goes for when he mentioned Woodgate.

Surely somebody somewhere who was involved in one of the two deals would have said something if it wasn't true.

Once in a blue moon.

Your last two posts pretty much sum you up though, someone says something you don't like, and you start resorting to personal attacks.

what we've done so far:

IN

Jonas - £0-1m - used an unusual method only done a few times before to get him on the cheap

Guthrie - £2m - cheap squad player

Spear - £negligable - player for academy, transfer not publically finalised

Modric - £15m? - Spurs went that extra mile and bought him, we missed out for whatever reason

Bassong - £2m? - Had this lad in on trial, no word on signing him

Also had 3 Bulgarian kids in on trial

OUT

Rozehnal - £2.9m - Sold to Lazio recouping what we spent on him last summer

Emre - £5m? - Going to Fener, move not finished due to military service technicality

Ameobi - £3m? - Few bids from promoted sides, said to be on his way, nowt confirmed

Also got rid of Ramage, Carr and a few others on frees

last season we spent pretty much nothing on transfers and it is exactly the same this summer. i expect this to change before sept 1st (and we'll probably be satisfied if not wowed) but so far Ashley's done fuck all and has everything to prove. mentioning Viduka, Smith and Barton is neither here nor there, we also shipped out some big earners and recouped some decent fees so on balance it's still little to no outlay. even then it's less than £12m on those three, hardly spending on the scale of donald trump.

Why is this all down to Ashley? Why are some of you, like the above poster, afraid of using the name of Keegan when talking about missing out or not getting in players?

Maybe Ashley has the money there, and Keegan just hasn't gotten around to spending it how he wants yet? Like he himself said, he doesn't want to bring in players just for the sake of bringing in players.

what we've done so far:

IN

Jonas - £0-1m - used an unusual method only done a few times before to get him on the cheap

Modric - £15m? - Spurs went that extra mile and bought him, we missed out for whatever reason

OUT

Emre - £5m? - Going to Fener, move not finished due to military service technicality

Ameobi - £3m? - Few bids from promoted sides, said to be on his way, nowt confirmed

last season we spent pretty much nothing on transfers and it is exactly the same this summer. i expect this to change before sept 1st (and we'll probably be satisfied if not wowed) but so far Ashley's done f*** all and has everything to prove. mentioning Viduka, Smith and Barton is neither here nor there, we also shipped out some big earners and recouped some decent fees so on balance it's still little to no outlay. even then it's less than £12m on those three, hardly spending on the scale of donald trump.

We've tried to sign £25 million worth of players that we know about and probably others that we don't.

Why is this all down to Ashley? Why are some of you, like the above poster, afraid of using the name of Keegan when talking about missing out or not getting in players?

Maybe Ashley has the money there, and Keegan just hasn't gotten around to spending it how he wants yet? Like he himself said, he doesn't want to bring in players just for the sake of bringing in players.

cos we were talking about ashley not keegan. woops just said his name, how scary (according to the 'above poster'.)

i bet robson had tens of millions to spend that summer he only signed bowyer, just he never got round to getting anyone else in, too busy playing golf.  :idiot2:

Once in a blue moon.

Your last two posts pretty much sum you up though, someone says something you don't like, and you start resorting to personal attacks.

Here we go.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/7832/tantrumoj4.gif

I'm not at all in tantrum mode. In fact I'm perfectly placid. From my perspective, it is you who is having the tantrum, and whom is attempting your usual bully boy tactics of trying to belittle anyone saying anything you don't want to hear.

Doesn't work with me I'm afraid.

No doubt you will want to have the last word with another belittling comment as you always do, but I will now stop this for tonight, as this forum is not about your ego, or my ego or anyones ego but about Newcastle United FC.

Good day.

The basic point of your post was that people shouldn't believe what they read in the press was it not?

People just change their minds about what's true and what's not true just to back up their overall agenda.

people just pick and choose what they believe so it fits their overall point.

You then use the alleged wages of Smith, Viduka, Barton to make a point. Now, unless the club or the players have spoken about their wages, or you've rummaged through their bins for their P60, all you are basing your "apparently coughed up large wages" claim on are press reports of their wages. You are therefore doing exactly in one sentence what you are accusing others of doing in your very next sentence.

You appear to have completely missed your own point.

No, the people trusting the press believe that Smith et al are on high wages. They have criticised this (particularly when Viduka is injured, Barton is in jail etc). People then suggest the club are losing out on players because we are offering shit wages. My point was they believe the press when it suits - if they want to have a go at Smith's worthlessness they believe he is on high wages, if we're not bringing players in it's because they believe we're offering low wages. Something doesn't stack up there.

I myself am not assuming anything, because as I point out, I don't trust the speculation at all. I'm pointing out that the 'facts' change almost daily. Did you not detect the sarcastic tone in that particular sentence? Perhaps I should have put 'apparently' in inverted commas to highlight the fact I was using others' words.

Once in a blue moon.

Here we go.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/7832/tantrumoj4.gif

I'm not at all in tantrum mode. In fact I'm perfectly placid. From my perspective, it is you who is having the tantrum, and whom is attempting your usual bully boy tactics of trying to belittle anyone saying anything you don't want to hear.

Doesn't work with me I'm afraid.

No doubt you will want to have the last word with another belittling comment as you always do, but I will now stop this for tonight, as this forum is not about your ego, or my ego or anyones ego but about Newcastle United FC.

Good day.

Fucking hell James.

Come on Mick, if you believe everything a lawyer put in print. Lawyers are paid to fudge the truth, in print, on a daily basis. Mort, by his standing, must be very good at it.

There is no great leap of faith needed to come to the conclusion that we are currently making a pigs ear of getting the best players in. Ultimately money will talk when you are in the position we are; either pay up or miss out.

Believe what you want, I'll believe something which has been well publicised and not contested rather than believe something which some people have concluded based on no evidence other than us bidding for players who ended up not coming here, something which nobody has denied.

As far as I’m aware the media picked up on what Mort said and nobody from Spurs or anybody who represents any of the parties involved have said that what he said was wrong, the same goes for when he mentioned Woodgate.

Surely somebody somewhere who was involved in one of the two deals would have said something if it wasn't true.

coming from someone who refuses to acknowledge the obvious conclusions from 30 years of league positions .........

you couldn't make it up.

Ashley certainly should have the funds available to spend a considerable amount of money. He shouldn't need to go into his back pocket to do so.

bloody hell. A bit of common from you.

what we've done so far:

IN

OUT

last season we spent pretty much nothing on transfers and it is exactly the same this summer. i expect this to change before sept 1st (and we'll probably be satisfied if not wowed) but so far Ashley's done f*** all and has everything to prove. mentioning Viduka, Smith and Barton is neither here nor there, we also shipped out some big earners and recouped some decent fees so on balance it's still little to no outlay. even then it's less than £12m on those three, hardly spending on the scale of donald trump.

We've tried to sign £25 million worth of players that we know about and probably others that we don't.

do you believe everything you read in the press  bluelaugh.gif

coming from someone who refuses to acknowledge the obvious conclusions from 30 years of league positions .........

you couldn't make it up.

what about the last 3 years and which way could you see us heading ?

what we've done so far:

IN

OUT

Do you?

what we've done so far:

IN

OUT

So if you don't believe the press, why you upset with the board missing out on players that the press have made up?