Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

I don't understand this transfer...

He terminates his contract and still we sign him for a undisclosed fee from Mallorca? Why not for free since he terminated the contract?

And since we signed him for a undisclosed fee that means we must have reached an agreement with Mallorca about the price (which the media er reporting to be ~10m) and still they are going to sue us?

Or is the undisclosed fee referring  to his sign on bonus??

Can anyone please clarify this for me ???

Can't wait to see his goal celebration at St. James'!!!  :celb:

Which judging by statistics won't be very often, 6 goals in 195 games  :crazy2:

That means he had that thing in his pants for 189 games without using it :(

Sounds like Towelie

mackems.gif

Rocks and glasshouses? :shifty:

We'll see after tonight.

Can't wait to see his goal celebration at St. James'!!!  :celb:

Which judging by statistics won't be very often, 6 goals in 195 games  :crazy2:

That means he had that thing in his pants for 189 games without using it :(

Sounds like Towelie

mackems.gif

Rocks and glasshouses? :shifty:

We'll see after tonight.

I'm almost done with her mate, I'll send her round soon as the vinegar strokes are all over with.

Do you not understand the word 'murky', or can you not read?

Murky meeds non-transparent, and the player's situation certainly isn't transparent right now to the outside world, look at the facts:

We supposedly believe that we have signed him fair and square.

Mallorca believe that he has broken his five year contract and that he therefore owes them millions.

Velez Sarsfield believe that Mallorca got him on a 50% economic rights deal where Mallorca had to buy all of him by July 1st. Hence they think that the player is 100% theirs, and thus Gutierrez's 5-year contract at Mallorca must be considered by Velez as void in the first place. Velez now want Gutierrez to report to training.

If this transfer is transparent to you Mick, you must have x-ray vision.

James, the day I need you to teach me the meaning of a word will be the day I give up breathing.  You seem to have latched onto the Webster ruling to try and make yourself look clever but you’ve failed miserably

The player is entitled to cancel his contract because he signed his contract before he was 28 and because it's more than 3 years since he signed it.  The player himself has to compensate his former club, the identity of the club or clubs who receive that compensation makes no difference to us as we don't pay it.

It shall be presumed, unless established to the contrary, that any club signing a professional who has terminated his contract without just cause has induced that professional to commit a breach. The club shall be banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for two registration periods.

Not suggesting in the slightest that we have, but to be so glib about it is pretty ignorant.

I'd guess this part of article 17 stopped any chance of him going to Portsmouth after he broke his contract.

I guess Gutierrez will have to pay half the compensation to Mallorca and half to Velez. It will probably drag on like N'Zogbia's transfer, but shouldn't affect us directly.

Can you come up with any major difference between this possible transfer and the one that this ruling was based on?

Obviously this one involves a different player moving from a different country, other than that, what’s the difference?

Spurs signing a player being "managed" by the "Croation Krays" got less press than this supposed murky deal.

I expect it from the press but not some of our so called supporters.

Spurs signing a player being "managed" by the "Croation Krays" got less press than this supposed murky deal.

I expect it from the press but not some of our so called supporters.

To be fair, though, you'd expect it from James too.

Mick, you clearly don't understand the word murky even after I have explained it to you, as you still seem to think that I'm criticising the club.

Let me try again: Murky = not clear, not transparent.

With the claims and counter claims of Velez and Mallorca, the exact circumstances of this transfer is not clear.

That doesn't at all mean that I'm unhappy with Newcastle's part in all this, in fact I'm pleased we've got the player (as long as he's any good), and I am in fact pretty pleased that we seem to be exploiting holes in the transfer market in a legal manner to get players on the cheap.

Just to clarify, this transfer is murky. Not dodgy, murky.

Mick, you clearly don't understand the word murky even after I have explained it to you, as you still seem to think that I'm criticising the club.

With the claims and counter claims of Velez and Mallorca, the exact circumstances of this transfer is not clear.

That doesn't at all mean that I'm unhappy with Newcastle's part in all this, in fact I'm pleased we've got the player (as long as he's any good), and I am in fact pretty pleased that we seem to be exploiting holes in the transfer market in a legal manner to get players on the cheap.

bluelaugh.gif

What more can I do?

bluelaugh.gif

What more can I do?

Nothing Mick, maybe when you're a bit older you'll understand ;)

I just don't like it when people try to twist your words and resort to personal attacks over a difference of opinion. Some posters on here, including thick Mick are like two year olds.

I just don't like it when people try to twist your words and resort to personal attacks over a difference of opinion. Some posters on here, including thick Mick are like two year olds.

Have another  bluelaugh.gif

I prefer the word 'Merky'.

This transfer is Merky. A quick search on google revealed 'Merky' to be the name of a pet squirrel of somebodies and also a way to describe a song.

The word 'merkin' however brought up much, much worse images...

Guest elbee909

I prefer the word 'Merky'.

This transfer is Merky. A quick search on google revealed 'Merky' to be the name of a pet squirrel of somebodies and also a way to describe a song.

The word 'merkin' however brought up much, much worse images...

Hey.  Keep your wig on.

Right, had a nice cool drink to calm myself down. Sorry guys, sorry Mick. Bad evening. I'd start a thread about it but considering other threads of a siimlar fashion, i better not.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't help feeling a bit worried about our club going through these lengths to attract a player who is certainy not very attractive on the face of it. We are on the verge of acting legally/ethically for a player who hardly anybody on here had ever heard about a week ago and whose pedigree hardly seems to justify the burden. To me, this doesn't reflect very well on NUFC; seems like we are being very, very cheap here and not setting our sights particularly high at the moment..