Bassong: Agreement made with FC Metz.

Stu

From the official site,  not that it was in any doubt; 

French defender Sebastien Bassong was included in the 25-man squad as United await the completion of the formalities of his transfer from FC Metz.

I would say Newcastle was a step up from Deportiva at the moment though. They might be in Europe but still ... I think playing for Newcastle in the premier league is more of an attraction than playing for Depor in la liga at the moment.

Much of a muchness. Mid-table dross for over three years.

I've noticed our official site love doing stuff like that.  Fuckers.

Next it will be "Toon sign Argentinian star" after they sort out Gutierrez's paperwork.

:lol:

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Guest Heneage

Is it just me who is pleased we didn't just sign the lad, we actually brought him over and trialed him first, it seems rare that teams ever do this.

Is it just me who is pleased we didn't just sign the lad, we actually brought him over and trialed him first, it seems rare that teams ever do this.

Not every club would allow permission if they were intent on keeping the player.

Not every club would allow permission if they were intent on keeping the player.

Pleased yes, but hardly a rarity for us to be taking people on trial, the rarity is that we actually signed him. We came close with Francesco Coco in 2005 but turned him down because we didnt think he would play enough games through injury, apparently Souness was right, he has player 31 games over 3 seasons .

Pleased yes, but hardly a rarity for us to be taking people on trial, the rarity is that we actually signed him. We came close with Francesco Coco in 2005 but turned him down because we didnt think he would play enough games through injury, apparently Souness was right, he has player 31 games over 3 seasons .

wasn't that during Roeder's time?

.. anyways, I hear Coco went to Hollywood to pursue the American Dream

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesR/rhodes_dusty.jpg

probably wouldn't take much catching either hehehe ^

Hopefully he`ll be as reliable as Acuna was (who we trialled also).

I remember in the past Keegan trialled a couple players like Hyppia and I believe Dalglish brought Mellberg over for a trial but for whatever reason we didnt sign them

pretty sure Frannie Coco was during the 05-06 pre-season, Souness in that case

pretty sure Frannie Coco was during the 05-06 pre-season, Souness in that case

correct

I've changed the title slightly because everytime I log-on to the forum and see, "Agreement made with..." on the main page I keep thinking it's going to be about Coloccini. :lol:

Have we not officially signed the motherfucker like?

I've changed the title slightly because everytime I log-on to the forum and see, "Agreement made with..." on the main page I keep thinking it's going to be about Coloccini. :lol:

Have we not officially signed the motherfucker like?

.cock say that a few formalities haven't quite been completed. Probably his international clearance, the French can be quite slow at this.