Smith II - The nightmare continues.

thewellander

The only game I think I recall him putting in a decent shift was against Arsenal when he played a target man role. I think it was Arsenal anyway.....

Me too! It was the draw at home against Arsenal! Put himself about a bit! Not bad, that works out at £6m for every good game i've seen him have for us!

I thought he'd prove to be a good buy and I hope we see an early couple of goals this season just to give him a chance of improving his confidence and give us a chance to recoup some of his fee.

It's been a shame but wishing the lad ill will isn't in anyone's interests.

Ok, I'll bite.

Yes, I think it is possible that he may improve. He could, possibly, play a useful role maybe as a striker. Maybe.

I'd hope that he is sold -- to Rangers perhaps -- and the club replaces him with a striker who scores goals.

I'd keep him for one last season, and hopefully he'll prove me wrong. He's a handy player to have in tough, physical matches either as a defensive midfielder or striker.

He is excellent at winning the ball, but shite at distributing it...

I'd keep him for one last season, and hopefully he'll prove me wrong. He's a handy player to have in tough, physical matches either as a defensive midfielder or striker.

He is excellent at winning the ball, but s**** at distributing it...

He's a jack of all shit, master of failing.

After reading this thread i have seen a chance to make some extra cash

I plan is to make Alan Smith effigies and sell them on e-bay for people to hang from random lamposts around Newcastle

Should make a fortune

O0

Terrifying that some people want Smith to have another season at NUFC. Duff's had two seasons and is as s*** now as when we bought him.

The signing of Alan Smith by Allardyce is for Newcastle what the signing of Ali Dia by Souness was for Southampton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

i swear i saw ali dia's name on the metro fare dodger name and shame posters a couple of years ago, i think it said he lived in fawdon / fenham.

Guest reefatoon

Can't believe people would play him in midfield!!

He was pretty woeful as a striker, but he was absolute wallop in midfield!

The lad does not have a clue how to play in midfield, and just seemed to run around like a 10 year old following the ball and kicking out at anything in his way.

He can't ever have a game for us in midfield again!

Terrifying that some people want Smith to have another season at NUFC. Duff's had two seasons and is as s*** now as when we bought him.

The signing of Alan Smith by Allardyce is for Newcastle what the signing of Ali Dia by Souness was for Southampton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

i swear i saw ali dia's name on the metro fare dodger name and shame posters a couple of years ago, i think it said he lived in fawdon / fenham.

He played for Gateshead after So'ton so it is possible.

Can't believe people would play him in midfield!!

He was pretty woeful as a striker, but he was absolute wallop in midfield!

The lad does not have a clue how to play in midfield, and just seemed to run around like a 10 year old following the ball and kicking out at anything in his way.

He can't ever have a game for us in midfield again!

I know, horrendous in both positions but quite frankly from the school of Matty Pattison's influence in midfield

He's half decent in a defensive midfield role imo.

he isn't though, because if you played him there game in game out he'd get sent off 6 times a season

..........ah right, see your point

I don't think i've ever been genuinely pleased to see a player sent off, other than when Smith did against Manu in January. The game was gone, - long, LONG gone - and it was the last minute. Banned for the next one. Thankyou very much. :smug:

I don't think i've ever been genuinely pleased to see a player sent off, other than when Smith did against Manu in January. The game was gone, - long, LONG gone - and it was the last minute. Banned for the next one. Thankyou very much. :smug:

ah York's on the wavelength  O0

I started laughing when the 5th went in tbh but when Smith got sent off I ordered another pint

I didnt realise he got sent off in that match until 45 mins or so after the match coming back in the car when some manc mentioned it on the radio  :lol: Mustve been daydreaming at the 6-0 thrashing scoreboard thing.

In a threadbare squad with a longer bench he'll be retained because he can supposedly cover two positions. He can hardly do any worse at goal-scoring than last season. And who'd buy him, anyway?

I´m sold! Let´s keep him and play him every match we can!

You completely misunderstood my post. Well done!

What was your point?

Hell, you misunderstood that one too.

What was your point?

In a threadbare squad with a longer bench he'll be retained because he can supposedly cover two positions. He can hardly do any worse at goal-scoring than last season. And who'd buy him, anyway?

I´m sold! Let´s keep him and play him every match we can!

You completely misunderstood my post. Well done!

What was your point?

Hell, you misunderstood that one too.

What was your point?

Are you drunk?

He's a striker I think we should play him there...when owen, martins, viduka, ameobi, carroll, donaldson, baheng, zambrela, krul are injured that is

You forgot Harper. Remember when he came on to play up front? That should put him ahead of Smith in the striker pecking order.

When the team names are read out at St James' this coming season and the crowd cheer each name the club will need to get a tumble weed to roll across the pitch if Smith's name is read out.

You forgot Harper. Remember when he came on to play up front? That should put him ahead of Smith in the striker pecking order.

When the team names are read out at St James' this coming season and the crowd cheer each name the club will need to get a tumble weed to roll across the pitch if Smith's name is read out.

We don't need tumble weed when Smith is on the pitch.

Guest VegasToon

I think we need to let this thread die and start another one saying how great Alan is.  Hopefully then we can get some interest for him and get our money back.  :frantic: