Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

The only player we should be trying to sell right now is Smith, as he brings the rest of the team down when he plays.

I'm not a massive fan of Taylor or Faye, and I think Milner is flawed, but we've too thin and small a squad to be selling off players right now, especially ones such as Faye who can do a job when needed. I'd keep Ameobi until we can find a replacement for him.

Spot on. :thup:

Some mad overreactions to this. People really seem ready to jump on the made up shitstorm bandwagon at any opportunity.

Who's overreacting like? The player is simply rated more highly than those who will remain here.

Exactly, he isnt the greatest player ever but the simple fact is he is the best of what we have (pre Coloccini) so selling him for peanuts isn't viewed by some as a good idea.

Aye you two are sensible but there are people saying things like they are totally gutted and Keegan is clueless, we are out of control etc. Faye is good but not much better than Taylor imo and who is to say a replacement is not lined up anyway. This would still leave us with Taylor, Colo, Cacapa, Bassong and Edgar which is not too shabby as long as Collocini turns out ok. I think if we are selling him there is good reason for it.

I've given up caring I think. Just get the window closed and let us get on with talking about the football rather than all this shit.

Completely agree, actually. Fed up of it all.

Doesn't make much sense coming from you though. ;)

Eh? Why's that then?

You're often very negative about our chances and say we need loads of players. Now you're saying you're not bothered any more and just want to get on with it.

Some mad overreactions to this. People really seem ready to jump on the made up shitstorm bandwagon at any opportunity.

Who's overreacting like? The player is simply rated more highly than those who will remain here.

Exactly, he isnt the greatest player ever but the simple fact is he is the best of what we have (pre Coloccini) so selling him for peanuts isn't viewed by some as a good idea.

Aye you two are sensible but there are people saying things like they are totally gutted and Keegan is clueless, we are out of control etc. Faye is good but not much better than Taylor imo and who is to say a replacement is not lined up anyway. This would still leave us with Taylor, Colo, Cacapa, Bassong and Edgar which is not too shabby as long as Collocini turns out ok. I think if we are selling him there is good reason for it.

Edgar will never make it at this level

I've given up caring I think. Just get the window closed and let us get on with talking about the football rather than all this shit.

Eh? Why's that then?

You're often very negative about our chances and say we need loads of players. Now you're saying you're not bothered any more and just want to get on with it.

Won't disagree with that, but I'm not the one thinking we're going to finish in the top 7 or 8. We'll get mid table whatever happens, so may as well get on with it.

I'm kinda looking forward to the season after more than this one ;)

Edgar will never make it at this level

I'm pretty sure most people would be happy with a player of his potential ability at fifth choice CB.

This would still leave us with Taylor, Colo, Cacapa, Bassong and Edgar which is not too shabby as long as Collocini turns out ok.

I would be far more worried about Edgar, Taylor, Cacapa and Bassong turning out ok this season than I would about Coloccini.

If we're not signing anyone else then I can only suggest that KK is really impressed with Cacapa and Bassong, so much so that he's willing to rely on them as back up. Which is kinda risky iyam, considering one is sketchy at best and the other is a brand new youngster.

Eh? Why's that then?

Won't disagree with that, but I'm not the one thinking we're going to finish in the top 7 or 8. We'll get mid table whatever happens, so may as well get on with it.

8th would be 'top' of mid-table this season IMO, if that makes sense. It'll do me for now. :thup:

Agree with you about the next season though - I think KK will prove himself better than many outside the club think, and hopefully we'll push on further from there.

Guest guinness_fiend

I've given up caring I think. Just get the window closed and let us get on with talking about the football rather than all this s***.

Eh? Why's that then?

8th would be 'top' of mid-table this season IMO, if that makes sense. It'll do me for now. :thup:

Agree with you about the next season though - I think KK will prove himself better than many outside the club think, and hopefully we'll push on further from there.

http://www.ficci.com/fqf03/ficci%20img/clap-copy_01.jpg

If Faye goes then they're fuckwits if they don't replace him with a player in the Colo mould

I trust Keegan to pick out the quality players to improve us, however I don't trust the negotiating team of ours to get them in quick enough without other clubs hijacking the deal, or before the window slams shut.

Guest neesy111

If Faye goes then they're fuckwits if they don't replace him with a player in the Colo mould

I trust Keegan to pick out the quality players to improve us, however I don't trust the negotiating team of ours to get them in quick enough without other clubs hijacking the deal, or before the window slams shut.

keegan has said there will be players coming and going, so expect 4-5 coming in and few going out

theres still 17 days of the transfer window

keegan has said there will be players coming and going, so expect 4-5 coming in and few going out

That's what our fans ALWAYS say, and it never happens.

Possibly 1 more in, with 1 going.

Yeah and with all the injuries we could be 9 points down if we wait until the last minute to sign them

Guest neesy111

Yeah and with all the injuries we could be 9 points down if we wait until the last minute to sign them

next week is the big week, we should have ppl in by then

Have people entertained the notion that maybe, just maybe, Taylor might improve next year? Better partner beside him, hopefully better midfield to protect him, a year older, better manager that'll give him some confidence.

Any of these things of any interest to people? Or has he been given up on entirely?

I'd agree Faye is the better player right now, but he's hardly amazing by any means and I'd say with the right coaching Taylor can easily improve to his level. Being younger it's a pretty logical move having him in front of Faye as far as I can see.

top post :thup:

Guest neesy111

Have people entertained the notion that maybe, just maybe, Taylor might improve next year? Better partner beside him, hopefully better midfield to protect him, a year older, better manager that'll give him some confidence.

Any of these things of any interest to people? Or has he been given up on entirely?

I'd agree Faye is the better player right now, but he's hardly amazing by any means and I'd say with the right coaching Taylor can easily improve to his level. Being younger it's a pretty logical move having him in front of Faye as far as I can see.

totally agree, tbf to taylor who has he had to play along with?

bramble, boumsong, rozehnal, edgar, ramage

even woodgate made o'brien and bramble look good next to him

totally agree, tbf to taylor who has he had to play along with?

bramble, boumsong, rozehnal, edgar, ramage

even woodgate made o'brien and bramble look good next to him

Ah back to the old it's not Taylor's fault he hasn't developed it's the people who have played with him, it's all down to them. Great logic.