Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

I'm sure I read today that its Amady Faye who is training with Stoke, not our Abdoulaye.

I'd laugh my arse off if that turned out to be true after all this...!  :lol:

Amady is as well Boyo, keep up the pace man.  :bluestar:

So we all now think he is great yet the people who work with him and train with him every day dont gave a clue ?

They wouldnt just off-load without knowing what they were doing or without a just reason. Have a little faith please.

I don't think he's great, just a bit better than Taylor. If we are replacing him with a better player who we don't know about yet then fine, otherwise £2m is pointless.

But if his head is in a place where anywhere (in this case apparently Stoke) is a better option than Newcastle, is putting him on the pitch going to have any kind of positive affect at all or will it just bring the team down on the day?

Facing the likes of Man U and Arsenal, unless we go out with every player completely on top of their game, we are knackered before a ball is kicked.

I always think in this case a player under contract should only be allowed to move if the deal suits us. If we have a better replacement lined up fair enough. If not we should be asking for more than £2m.

Agreed that if the £2mil figure is correct then thats scandalous. I choose not to believe it. The club havent disclosed any of the prices for the incoming lads so I would be sure to think they would want to make sure that any selling prices arent disclosed too.

However, if KK is saying that the only players wanted at the club are players that understand Newcastle, the fans etc etc, the I would guess that if Faye is some kind of bad influence then it would suit us to ditch him.

Let's wait and see. I would think we could get at least £3m for a proven Premier defender who still has a few good years ahead of him.

Guest Geordie Boyo

I'm sure I read today that its Amady Faye who is training with Stoke, not our Abdoulaye.

I'd laugh my arse off if that turned out to be true after all this...!  :lol:

Amady is as well Boyo, keep up the pace man.  :bluestar:

I know, but I'm pretending its just him for now as I put my fingers in my ears while making loud random noises.

Have people entertained the notion that maybe, just maybe, Taylor might improve next year? Better partner beside him, hopefully better midfield to protect him, a year older, better manager that'll give him some confidence.

Any of these things of any interest to people? Or has he been given up on entirely?

I'd agree Faye is the better player right now, but he's hardly amazing by any means and I'd say with the right coaching Taylor can easily improve to his level. Being younger it's a pretty logical move having him in front of Faye as far as I can see.

Guest elbee909

nufc.com say: "He hasn't played for the club since being subbed at half time in the final game of last season at Everton, amid claims of a dressing room argument."

If he said the wrong thing to Keegan then it wouldn't surprise me if he's told him to fook off.

Hardly worth getting Keegan on the steps outside SJP tbh.

Players like Faye come and go.

No they don't.  Not at this club.  He was a solid dependable professional with Premiership experience in a club where exaggerated reputations, inconsistency and hype are the norm. 

Have people entertained the notion that maybe, just maybe, Taylor might improve next year? Better partner beside him, hopefully better midfield to protect him, a year older, better manager that'll give him some confidence.

Any of these things of any interest to people? Or has he been given up on entirely?

I'd agree Faye is the better player right now, but he's hardly amazing by any means and I'd say with the right coaching Taylor can easily improve to his level. Being younger it's a pretty logical move having him in front of Faye as far as I can see.

Sure he MIGHT improve. But that's not usually a very good argument.

Milner could learn to cross. Smith to score (and play).  N'zogbia star at left back...

I'd rather talk about what we've seen on the pitch :undecided:

Hopefully being the key word there seeing as we've made very little improvement at all in that area.

Rather he learned by watching for most of the year and Faye and Colo did the majority of the work.

You don't learn by sitting on the bench watching.  Might as well just give him a video of Maldini if you were going to do that.

He hasn't improved enough in the time he's been in and around the first team to make me think he will. His weaknesses now are just as bad as they were then. He's not a natural defender, he loses his man too easily and and has no natural ability to read the game, his ditribution isn't that great either.

Rather he learned by watching for most of the year and Faye and Colo did the majority of the work.

You don't learn by sitting on the bench watching.  Might as well just give him a video of Maldini if you were going to do that.

How much longer do we have to wait for him to learn before he starts improving? 120+ appearances for us now.