Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

Guest Geordie Boyo

So we all now think he is great yet the people who work with him and train with him every day dont gave a clue ?

He must be doing well in training for him to be involved that much and at the end of the day it's all about how he performs on the pitch, to which he's been solid.

So we all now think he is great yet the people who work with him and train with him every day dont gave a clue ?

They wouldnt just off-load without knowing what they were doing or without a just reason. Have a little faith please.

I don't think he's great, just a bit better than Taylor. If we are replacing him with a better player who we don't know about yet then fine, otherwise £2m is pointless.

this.  timings wierd though huh?  right before the first game of the season when it's gonna be borderline impossible (given the pace we've progressed other transfers) to get someone in time to play sunday

They wouldnt just off-load without knowing what they were doing or without a just reason. Have a little faith please.

I don't think he's great, just a bit better than Taylor. If we are replacing him with a better player who we don't know about yet then fine, otherwise £2m is pointless.

But if his head is in a place where anywhere (in this case apparently Stoke) is a better option than Newcastle, is putting him on the pitch going to have any kind of positive affect at all or will it just bring the team down on the day?

Facing the likes of Man U and Arsenal, unless we go out with every player completely on top of their game, we are knackered before a ball is kicked.

this.  timings wierd though huh?  right before the first game of the season when it's gonna be borderline impossible (given the pace we've progressed other transfers) to get someone in time to play sunday

He's injured?

But if his head is in a place where anywhere (in this case apparently Stoke) is a better option than Newcastle, is putting him on the pitch going to have any kind of positive affect at all or will it just bring the team down on the day?

Facing the likes of Man U and Arsenal, unless we go out with every player completely on top of their game, we are knackered before a ball is kicked.

I always think in this case a player under contract should only be allowed to move if the deal suits us. If we have a better replacement lined up fair enough. If not we should be asking for more than £2m.

Guest BooBoo

Well, there's no Stoke without Faye A.

Worth repeating I thought.

Using the same gag twice? Apologise as a matter of urgency.

I always think in this case a player under contract should only be allowed to move if the deal suits us. If we have a better replacement lined up fair enough. If not we should be asking for more than £2m.

Agreed that if the £2mil figure is correct then thats scandalous. I choose not to believe it. The club havent disclosed any of the prices for the incoming lads so I would be sure to think they would want to make sure that any selling prices arent disclosed too.

However, if KK is saying that the only players wanted at the club are players that understand Newcastle, the fans etc etc, the I would guess that if Faye is some kind of bad influence then it would suit us to ditch him.

Guest Geordie Boyo

Hardly worth getting Keegan on the steps outside SJP tbh.

Players like Faye come and go.

I do agree, but there's other players I'd rather boot off the top of the steps first.

Really disappointing news. Faye's no world beater but he's better than the rest of our central defenders. We're bringing in Coloccini who is supposedly really good, and flogging our next best. Two steps forward, one step back.

I hope there's some reason for this, but I honestly just reckon KK thinks Taylor is better and fits in with the 'right attitude for Newcastle' thing. I disagree. :(

Guest Geordie Boyo

I'm sure I read today that its Amady Faye who is training with Stoke, not our Abdoulaye.

I'd laugh my arse off if that turned out to be true after all this...!  :lol:

....probably cry too......