Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

He's not as reliable as alot are saying, he is ok but can look like a right donkey.

he's not the best in the World, positionally he's not great. But, for what we paid, and for the sheer lack of number, id be very disapointed to see him go.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

To sell him for a "dressing room argument" and to keep Barton after his activities is so so so so scandalous.

He's not as good as some on here are making out, so I'm not that fussed to be honest, as long as we're getting a couple of million for a 30 yr old.

PS. Taylor isn't as bad as some make out on here either

Unless we buy a replacement we are weakening the first team for £2m. I repeat, very few players are saying he is that good. Just more solid than Taylor.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like Faye but people don't half overrate him seemingly based on a dislike of Taylor. If Taylor is considered to be crap then Faye is very average by the same token. Between the two they are a much of a muchness. At least Taylor is younger and wants to be here where as Faye by all accounts doesn't. I'd rather we kept him because he's slightly better than Taylor and Cacapa, but if he's unhappy, we are better off selling him. Same applies with them all really. Anyway I don't think KK rates him too highly myself, so I don't think he'll be too fussed if he goes on that front, although losing another body could be a problem. To call this bit of business ridiculous though not knowing the facts is err, ridiculous.

I take it we are now a selling club, if Milner go's to Villa as well how are another two players in going make our squad stronger? We needed three players in without selling Faye and Milner.

Who said Milner's going to Villa like?

I take it we are now a selling club, if Milner go's to Villa as well how are another two players in going make our squad stronger? We needed three players in without selling Faye and Milner.

Trust Skirge to take it too far.

Rather he learned by watching for most of the year and Faye and Colo did the majority of the work.

You don't learn by sitting on the bench watching.  Might as well just give him a video of Maldini if you were going to do that.

How much longer do we have to wait for him to learn before he starts improving? 120+ appearances for us now.

I agree, and he does have age on his side but he's played a lot of games now and hasn't really evolved as a player as I thought he would. I don't think Troll is against this notion though, he's just rightly saying that watching others isn't going to help him much. You'll learn far more on the pitch than you will in the stands/bench, it goes without saying, but I don't think Taylor is good enough to warrant a starting place in every game.

Some mad overreactions to this. People really seem ready to jump on the made up shitstorm bandwagon at any opportunity.

Who's overreacting like? The player is simply rated more highly than those who will remain here.

Again, this just doesn't make sense.  Why would Keegan say repeatedly that he wants defensive reinforcements and then sell our best centre-half? 

Despite all evidence to the contrary, I'm still going to assume that Ashley, Wise & Keegan have some sort of strategy to their activity this summer.  Selling Faye doesn't fit.  Until he turns up wearing a Stoke shirt, I'm going to pretend this is lies. 

I think I've had just about enough of this summer actually.  Nothing good has happened since Jonas "signed".  Let's just get on with the football.

Guest elpapi

Why would we let him train with them, with the possibility of an injury if we haven't sold him yet? Doesn't make sense, so I assume everything is agreed. Good player to have but if there's a younger as good/average replacement i'm not too fuzzed...

Some mad overreactions to this. People really seem ready to jump on the made up shitstorm bandwagon at any opportunity.

Who's overreacting like? The player is simply rated more highly than those who will remain here.

Exactly, he isnt the greatest player ever but the simple fact is he is the best of what we have (pre Coloccini) so selling him for peanuts isn't viewed by some as a good idea.

Exactly.

Never been on a Stoke forum earlier but it sure was a interesting experience. Every single person who posts on there seems to have been at the training ground and having a chat with Faye. Must be equal to the spurs boards on the number of ITKs..

On the deal itself, not thrilled about him leaving but I'm sure we've got someone better lined up. Faye is good, but not great. That said, he is the best centre half at the club bar Coloccini. About his wages, it can't be ridiculous can it? I mean, he signed after Ashley took over and I suppose he wanted to cut on wages straight away..

I've given up caring I think. Just get the window closed and let us get on with talking about the football rather than all this shit.

Completely agree, actually. Fed up of it all.

Doesn't make much sense coming from you though. ;)

Guest Howaythetoon

Again, this just doesn't make sense.  Why would Keegan say repeatedly that he wants defensive reinforcements and then sell our best centre-half? 

Despite all evidence to the contrary, I'm still going to assume that Ashley, Wise & Keegan have some sort of strategy to their activity this summer.  Selling Faye doesn't fit.  Until he turns up wearing a Stoke shirt, I'm going to pretend this is lies. 

I think I've had just about enough of this summer actually.  Nothing good has happened since Jonas "signed".  Let's just get on with the football.

Maybe he's unhappy here? Maybe he doesn't think he'll feature as much as he'd like to? Maybe KK just doesn't rate him? Maybe a few million for a 30 year-old with 2 years left on his contract represents good money given the number of young centre-backs on our books? Maybe it is all a mystery...

As far as I'm concerned if Faye does leave, we've still added strength and depth at the back. Many fans believed we needed 1 new centre-back of decent quality, we've signed such a player. However we also signed the French lad, so we can maybe afford to let Faye go. Remember Beye can play at centre back too and we may yet bring another centre-back in. In fact I'm sure we will.

The only player we should be trying to sell right now is Smith, as he brings the rest of the team down when he plays.

I'm not a massive fan of Taylor or Faye, and I think Milner is flawed, but we've too thin and small a squad to be selling off players right now, especially ones such as Faye who can do a job when needed. I'd keep Ameobi until we can find a replacement for him.

I've given up caring I think. Just get the window closed and let us get on with talking about the football rather than all this shit.

Completely agree, actually. Fed up of it all.

Doesn't make much sense coming from you though. ;)

Eh? Why's that then?