So, who's signing this week?

Coxaux

I think its strange how slow things seem to be moving for us signing at moment like. You would think they know who they want to sign by last two weeks in the market and would think another signing should be imminent this week considering how small the squad is and how we need a striker and left back and midfielder badly. I would be disappointed if these positions were not strengthened in next two weeks.

I think its strange how slow things seem to be moving for us signing at moment like. You would think they know who they want to sign by last two weeks in the market and would think another signing should be imminent this week considering how small the squad is and how we need a striker and left back and midfielder badly. I would be disappointed if these positions were not strengthened in next two weeks.

Its so common sense - But we all know KK understands the squad is small, and so do the recruitment men. I trust KK, he knows what he needs and what the calibre of player is required.  If the player is not avail, and we don't sign anyone, then I know KK will sort out what needs to be done after. The man isn't oblivious to what is needed - but he also, won't dare sign someone who wouldn't wear the shirt with pride.  He wouldn't stand for that.

I trust him, always have and always will. Like someone else wrote on here....IN KEEGAN WE TRUST.

Its so common sense - But we all know KK understands the squad is small, and so do the recruitment men. I trust KK, he knows what he needs and what the calibre of player is required.  If the player is not avail, and we don't sign anyone, then I know KK will sort out what needs to be done after. The man isn't oblivious to what is needed - but he also, won't dare sign someone who wouldn't wear the shirt with pride.  He wouldn't stand for that.

I trust him, always have and always will. Like someone else wrote on here....IN KEEGAN WE TRUST.

At last we have a manager that won't be signin players for the sake of it, I completely agree with this policy.  The Euro's will have slowed the recruitment across Europe to an extent (although 2 of our 4 could not play in them!!!).

If the players we want are not available, there is nothing we can do about it.  Okay, net we have not really spent that much this summer, but I think there is money there.  KK just wants to spend it WISELY!!

Over 10 days to go and alot can happen in that time.

I've got a feeling we'll sign Arshavin.

Looks increasingly like Zenit have fallen out with Tottenham and, for all of their chat, they're not going to want an unhappy 'star player' dragging everyone down and spitting his dummy out over every little thing.

He'll have to go and they'll have to drop their asking price.

What's the chances of us steaming in and nicking him at last minute?

Zenit have said they are not selling because it would not leave them enough time now to secure a replacement.  Their deadline has past.

Although, as has been proved time and again - that means nothing!

Looks increasingly like Zenit have fallen out with Tottenham and, for all of their chat, they're not going to want an unhappy 'star player' dragging everyone down and spitting his dummy out over every little thing.

What's the chances of us streaming in and nicking him at last minute?

Not sure if I want him here if he acts like he has been

Although if the Modric money was there to be used and we run out of targets maybe we may go for him

What's the chances of us streaming in and nicking him at last minute?

Not sure if I want him here if he acts like he has been

Although if the Modric money was there to be used and we run out of targets maybe we may go for him

has he been acting up?  just his agent doing the usual agent bullshit ain't it?

anyways the fee/wages being talked about for the lad preclude a move from us imo

I would chuckle a bit if Arshavin is stuck at Zenit after all.

Aye getting paid a boat load to play for your hometown team in the Champions League & be abored by the St. Petersburg public is really going to grate on him.

I would chuckle a bit if Arshavin is stuck at Zenit after all.

Aye getting paid a boat load to play for your hometown team in the Champions League & be abored by the St. Petersburg public is really going to grate on him.

Well not as much as working in Tesco, but by the sounds of it he'll be annoyed not be playing at Barca/Real/Chelsea/Milan.

Still sticking by my:

I've got a feeling he isn't arsed if he moves or not. Not this season at least, especially with Zenit in the CL next season. He might as well play that and move in Jan.

:lol: @ his agent though. Makes Willie Mackay look good.

So looking forward to Sept 1st, as this has been one painful transfer window!

Just hope we get at least 3 decent players in.

They are always painful man,  remember that one with Roeder when he scouted Kuyt 217 times.  We just forget they are.

:lol:

Is that the one where we were all waiting for a big signing on the last day and we came up with Sibierski?

To be fair to Glenn, I'm glad we didn't get Kuyt now.

The transfer window is always horrible, but I've got faith we'll bring in quality unless it's totally impossible. Even if we fail I won't be blaming the club.

The signings so far have been excellent, so can't complain really...

Guest elpapi

Don't know where the Belgian press got it from but they are reporting that Atletico Madrid made a €15m bid for Diego, who is willing to leave Werder Bremen. Originally they asked for €25m but they seem to have lowered their demands to €20m... Diego is obviously playing at the Olympics now...

Would be criminal not to step in with a bid

So looking forward to Sept 1st, as this has been one painful transfer window!

Just hope we get at least 3 decent players in.

They are always painful man,  remember that one with Roeder when he scouted Kuyt 217 times.  We just forget they are.

:lol:

Is that the one where we were all waiting for a big signing on the last day and we came up with Sibierski?

Yes, I remember watching SSN and seeing on the ticker "Newcastle United have signed Antoine Sibierski",  I spat my drink all over my lass and promptly got slapped in the face.

Good times

Ian W :  I didn't mean I wanted Kuyt and I definately wouldn't seeing him play for Liverpool,  I just mean't we were linked with him for ages.