So, who's signing this week?

Coxaux

Guest neesy111

NUFC prepare to swoop for new players

Aug 19 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/19/nufc-prepare-to-swoop-for-new-players-72703-21558859/

So he is once again telling us what we already knew. I wouldn't pay 35p for that shit.

it's 42p now, and it's free online

i only buy a paper when i'm on holiday

I spoke to Tony Jimenez who confirmed he was abroad, but would not say where because he does not want to alert other clubs to United’s targets.

AO: Tony, who are we buying?

TJ: Sorry can't talk, i'm abroad, you know what the minutes are like over here.

AO: Well, can you just tell me where you are?

TJ: Sorry, what? Can't hear you Alan, i'm breaking up [rustles empty packet of crisps by phone] sshhhhchhshsh can't hear...signal weak...[hangs up] Twat.

However, United look like selling another player before they can recruit again, Ipswich confirming that Shola Ameobi has agreed personal terms at Portman Road after having a medical yesterday.

What a complete wanker..

I spoke to Tony Jimenez who confirmed he was abroad, but would not say where because he does not want to alert other clubs to United’s targets.

TJ: Sorry, what? Can't hear you Alan, i'm breaking up [rustles empty packet of crisps by phone] sshhhhchhshsh can't hear...signal weak...[hangs up] Twat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

;D

I spoke to Tony Jimenez who confirmed he was abroad, but would not say where because he does not want to alert other clubs to Uniteds targets.

TJ: Sorry, what? Can't hear you Alan, i'm breaking up [rustles empty packet of crisps by phone] sshhhhchhshsh can't hear...signal weak...[hangs up] t***.

I'm sure you could work it out if he sent him a text and put delivery reports on.  I'm pretty sure it would tell you the country code.

We need competition/cover for LB

A replacement for Nicky Butt

An attacking, creative midfielder

And a striker

So thats 4 positions and KK said maybe 4 signings could be on their way in.

The only one I can guess is Saviola. I'd like him. It doesnt matter if hes too small or not. Hes a good player and very skillful. And besides, I thought we were trying to play the ball on the deck this season....not hoofing it up to the big man.

I cant see us going after Warnock either. 6m is way to high and considering they bought him for 1.5m we'd be doing a transfer that we always used to do in the FFS era: pay way too much for average players.

Taiwo would be great.

TJ: Sorry, what? Can't hear you Alan, i'm breaking up [rustles empty packet of crisps by phone] sshhhhchhshsh can't hear...signal weak...[hangs up] t***.

I'm sure you could work it out if he sent him a text and put delivery reports on.  I'm pretty sure it would tell you the country code.

You didn't expect Alan to think of that did you?

I spoke to Tony Jimenez who confirmed he was abroad, but would not say where because he does not want to alert other clubs to Uniteds targets.

You didn't expect Alan to think of that did you?

Why would he even bother, when he just has pictures of them all printed out on his desk.

AO: "So, KK, don't say anything if you are planning on getting 15 Brazilians signed this window"

Next Article: "I spoke personally with United manager KEVIN KEEGAN yesterday, and he confirmed that he is intent on bringing a Samba revolution to Tyneside before the week is out."

Very surprised Oliver actually spoke to Jimenez to be honest.

You're very trusting. You're talking about the guy who takes all his quotes from www.nufc.co.uk and then puts the name of the person quoted before the words "told me" at the start of all his stories. E.g. "Kevin Keegan told me something that he also said word for word to www.nufc.co.uk"

Someone from Belgium has posted this over on Rivals

"Translation from Belgian press:

Newcastle Agree Pocognoli fee with AZ.

Belgian Olympic Defender - Sebastian Pocognoli is on his way to England as Newcastle United agree fee with Dutch Side AZ Alkmaar for the Belgian left Fullback.

Talks with his representatives are ongoing.

More updates soon."

Can't say I've ever heard of him.

My guess would be Holland.

Jlaus Hans Kuntelaar?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Someone from Belgium has posted this over on Rivals

"Translation from Belgian press:

Newcastle Agree Pocognoli fee with AZ.

Belgian Olympic Defender - Sebastian Pocognoli is on his way to England as Newcastle United agree fee with Dutch Side AZ Alkmaar for the Belgian left Fullback.

Talks with his representatives are ongoing.

More updates soon."

Can't say I've ever heard of him.

My guess would be Holland.

Jlaus Hans Kuntelaar?

Get in this guy is fookin unbelievable, shot like a hammer, quick as fook, like stuart pearce in the tackle.

Only jokin, never heard of him