James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Milner put in a cracking performance...

Milner's phone rings ...

Milner's agent - "Villa have been on the phone MON has just shot his load all over the TV, he really really wants you, offering you 55k per week".

James - "yeah but MON won't use lube I have been through this with him before, but the money does sound ncie, will the pay the asking price though?"

Agent - "No they want you to put in a transfer request, then the club won't be able to hold out to much"

James - "erm okay I will do it in the morning".

Guest Chubby Jason

Tapped up for definite but they cant ethically bid for him unless he asks to leave.

After the Barry to Liverpool debacle we would be stupid to ask for any less than 12 million for him.

He was their player of the year 2 years ago and IMO is better than Barry (18M !) anyway.

Lets call their bluff, 12million or he stays, like Barry.

:haha:

Guest sicko2ndbest

PFA statement (Milner agent)

They are disappointed at NUFC as they sorted out his contract 12 mths prior to him signing it and it was at the time they agreed to sell him to Villa.

The PFA wanted NUFC to lookk again at his contract as he has played a major part in NUFC in recent season and has been one of our consistant players.

Therefore looking at his contract again is common practice for young players and are disappointed at NUFC refusal to do this.

Milner put in his request 7 days ago.

Testiment to Milner as his performance last night was top notch and todays meeting was for Milner.

Reports on Setanta.

They are disappointed at NUFC as they sorted out his contract 12 mths prior to him signing it and it was at the time they agreed to sell him to Villa.

The PFA wanted NUFC to lookk again at his contract as he has played a major part in NUFC in recent season and has been one of our consistant players.

Therefore looking at his contract again is common practice for young players and are disappointed at NUFC refusal to do this.

Testiment to Milner as his performance last night was top notch and todays meeting was for Milner.

Reports on Setanta.

So why sign it then for 4 years ?

Reports on Setanta.

what!?

The selfish little c*** - knows that we're in the s*** with regard to squad size and does this with five days left in the transfer window.  Well done.  You'll be held with the same high esteem as Bellamy and Jenas.

Reports suggest he did it a week ago but we've only announced it today.

The selfish little c*** - knows that we're in the s*** with regard to squad size and does this with five days left in the transfer window.  Well done.  You'll be held with the same high esteem as Bellamy and Jenas.

Reports suggest he did it a week ago but we've only announced it today.

Five days or twelve days, the scumbag knows that we've had problems getting in players and having cash in the bank isn't as good as having bodies in to fill the places.

The whole requesting it (the club) to remain private and then releasing a statement a week later thing is weird.  Almost inviting bids???

Or they have had them already and they are wanting to let people know they want more cash.

Guest Mucky01

looks like the meeting today took the decision to ‘hang him out to dry’ in public, for what purpose? It can only be to unsettle him and/or offload.

Guest marky555

He wants to be in line with Taylor's wages. IMO that's totally fair enough, he's proven that he's a valuable member of the squad, as is Taylor, so if we aren't willing to recognise that by giving him the wage rise then fair enough, he obviously feels he would be more appreciated at Villa (financially).

Has had a cracking start to the season as well so its a shame but if he wants to go then so be it. Thing that annoys me is that if we could offload him to Villa for 9m it doesn't seem likely that we'll go for SWP, which we definitely should do IMO. Yes my opinion is based on what I have seen in the media, but the fact I haven't even seen our name linked with him at all yet, combined with the rumours of Pompey and Everton etc, it seems to be a fair one. Hope to god I'm wrong.

Never thought Milner was the type. I don't mind him as a player but a f***ing pay rise? You're having a laugh James, do one.

Depends to be honest he might be at the bottom end of wages and I've got no problem with someone wanting to increase there wage. But you do it by asking the club then sitting down and going through talks like everyone else. You don't say I want a new contract, then hand in a transfer request until you get what you want that's just bollocks.

MON has given Agbonlahor 3 new contracts since he's been here (and obviously 3 big pay hikes).

I wonder if he's been talking to him at U21 matches? (and managed to understand what he's saying, which is a struggle even for me)

My only worry is that we'll not be able to find a replacement. If we sell now without other players lined up then we'll really struggle considering the size of the squad. Other than that, as many on here have stated, if any club are prepared to pay the right price then sell him.

Had his arse turned by MON, if they do not meet our fee for him then have really fkd him over, I can see this ending badly for Milner with him not moving and ending up not getting a game for us, therefore kissing bye bye to his U21 spot.

Guest loonietoonie

Dread to think what the team will be on Saturday if we don't get a replacement in by then though. Especially if Owen's not fit to start too.

Ranger up front :D