The PANIC! Thread

Coxaux

I am worried we suppose to have the best scouting system yet we are far behind many clubs in the league. It is shame on Ashley and his team we should have signed some good players.

We don't have the best scouting system anywhere, we are creating a better scouting system than what we had which isn't hard but we're getting better. We're far behind many teams in the league due to years of signing big name players for there and then instead of looking to the future and following the Arsenal way of doing transfers like we are trying to do now.

I think one or two deals going through is going to start the whole transfer roller-coaster. It will probably be one of the busiest ends to a transfer window in years, and I would think we'll be getting at least two in.

don't be daft, hardly any clubs have bought players or spent money, and deals take time these days and can't be done in 5 days, plus there's 5 days left which is more than enough time to close a deal...

Am I reading that right?

Slightly contridicting I think, either 5 days is long enough or 5 days isn't and I am not sure which you are saying.

Sorry?

don't be daft, hardly any clubs have bought players or spent money, and deals take time these days and can't be done in 5 days, plus there's 5 days left which is more than enough time to close a deal...

Am I reading that right?

Slightly contridicting I think, either 5 days is long enough or 5 days isn't and I am not sure which you are saying.

Sorry?

WHOOSH!

I'm not allowed to panic before the transfer window is over, so I won't..

Yes by then you be able to properly judge Mike Ashley and say where we made mistakes, and could have done things differently. Of course there won't be anyway of fixings things by then, but it's only fair to not express any concern until the window is closed. zaza.

Guest elbee909

I'm just tired of it now, the merry go round, transfer window, this bloke's leaving, this one may be joining, we have ambition, we don't.  It's getting to the stage where I don't care about thinking about any of it anymore, and I just want to watch us play some bloody football without all this endless fucking theorising about what might or might not happen and how it would have been better if this and that etc. etc.

Anyone fancy a pint?

I'm just tired of it now, the merry go round, transfer window, this bloke's leaving, this one may be joining, we have ambition, we don't.  It's getting to the stage where I don't care about thinking about any of it anymore, and I just want to watch us play some bloody football without all this endless f***ing theorising about what might or might not happen and how it would have been better if this and that etc. etc.

Anyone fancy a pint?

Would love to get a drink with someone I could talk Newcastle with at the moment. (Fits both of my immediate needs, alcohol and shit talking) Unfortunately, I'm just slightly removed geographically...

Why panic, there's still less than a week left before the window closes & we have agreed a transfer request? I've no doubt Milner was forced into asking for a transfer 'cos we wouldn't sell him & he knew SWP was on his way along with "others".

Viduka's out for at least a month; wonder in Sibierski fancies another year here, Ameobi may just decide he has a future here as well.

All is well.

I'm still not sure what there is to be worried about.

You are kidding aren't you. 5 days to go. After 3 games the squad is already showing signs of stress. We simply can not get through a full season (or even half of one) with the numbers and lack of strength in depth that we have.

We've done fabulously so far, in the games we've played but don't let that fool you into thinking that the work on the squad is done, because it far from is and what's most worrying is that the messaging coming out of KK are far from positive in terms of getting in the extra quality players we need.

Yeah nothing to be worried about at all.

Guest elbee909

I'm just tired of it now, the merry go round, transfer window, this bloke's leaving, this one may be joining, we have ambition, we don't.  It's getting to the stage where I don't care about thinking about any of it anymore, and I just want to watch us play some bloody football without all this endless f***ing theorising about what might or might not happen and how it would have been better if this and that etc. etc.

Anyone fancy a pint?

Would love to get a drink with someone I could talk Newcastle with at the moment. (Fits both of my immediate needs, alcohol and shit talking) Unfortunately, I'm just slightly removed geographically...

I think I meant it more as a state of mind, metaphysical pint, than an actual one. :)

The facts remain that we're playing some of the best football we've played in years at the moment, and providing we get a couple of players in (which we are more than capable of doing), then what's the problem?

That's the crux of it, even KK is far from certain that we'll get the players in. If he's concerned, I think we have every right to be too.