Hull City (h) pre-match chatter

James

Given

Beye?Colo                  Taylor              Colo/Bassong          Enrique

Butt

Guthrie       

Duff                                                                                      Charlie

Xisco            Owen

With Owen dropping back, but by fuck are we thin on the ground.

Given, Taylor, Cacapa, Colocinni, Bassong, Geremi, Butt, Guthrie, N'Zogbia, Owen, Ameobi.

I'd leave Shola out of that 11 and play an extra midfielder. Problem is I think we've run out of midfielders :icon_scratch:

Xisco?

I'm assuming Hughton won't chuck in a new player before they've had a chance to train with the rest of the team, but I'd like him to prove me wrong on that one.

Lawro`s predictions :frantic:

With all that has gone on at Newcastle over the past week, the best thing the fans can do is turn up, support their team and hopefully cheer them on to victory.

To the same token, if they want to have a bash at the board while they are there then go on and do it.

We know it looks a complete and utter shambles but it is important that you don't do anything that upsets the performance of the team.

They play a Hull side who in their last match, a 5-0 home defeat by Wigan, were atrocious defensively and that would be a real, real worry for me if I was a Hull fan.

The only result I can see is a Newcastle win.

Match preview

Verdict: 2-0

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7610159.stm

Given, Taylor, Cacapa, Colocinni, Bassong, Geremi, Butt, Guthrie, N'Zogbia, Owen, Ameobi.

I'd leave Shola out of that 11 and play an extra midfielder. Problem is I think we've run out of midfielders :icon_scratch:

Xisco?

I'm assuming Hughton won't chuck in a new player before they've had a chance to train with the rest of the team, but I'd like him to prove me wrong on that one.

Didn't we (more or less) do the same thing with Colo?

Against Hull (famous last words I know), I would be tempted to get Xisco in even if he hasn't worked with the squad that much. Seems an ideal match to get him some Prem experience, without it being as tough as playing against someone good.

Just looking forward to the game now, sick of talking about non-football matters.

Due to the decimated squad I'd go with: -

Given

Taylor/Edgar  Coloccini  Taylor/Cacapa   Bassong

Gonzalez           Guthrie   Butt     N'Zogbia

Xisco   Owen

The team might well look like that, but Guthrie will probably play wide right with Gonzalez in the middle.

Given

Xisco   Owen

The team might well look like that, but Guthrie will probably play wide right with Gonzalez in the middle.

To be honest I don't know anything about Gonzalez apart from he plays in midfield. That's why I put him wide right.

Given

Xisco   Owen

Still isnt a bad side

fucked with injuries by our second home fixture, sakes

to respond to a post above, can you really see hughton putting gonzalez in the middle in his first game against a team that are just gonna try and kick the shit out of us?

Uruguayans are a bunch of dirty bastards traditionally. He should be used to it.

no s*** sherlock Shola

------

Shola Ameobi: Game we've got to win

SHOLA Ameobi has warned that Newcastle United must not have any regrets at the end of their clash with Hull City tomorrow.

The Toon striker made his comeback from a hamstring injury in the 3-0 loss against Arsenal.

And although the Academy product trudged out of the Emirates feeling disappointed, Ameobi is keen to restart the season with three points against a team who considered snapping up the former England Under-21 star.

The Newcastle players have been keeping a low profile with the media this week for obvious reasons but speaking after Arsenal, Ameobi told the Chronicle: “It’s been a good start despite what happened at Arsenal, and we have got these games out of the way now.

“We can concentrate on other teams around us – the teams that we know that we have a good chance of doing well against.

“We never go to places like Arsenal to lose, but we have to make sure that we look at Hull and pick up three points.

“At home you have to try to pick up maximum points and that’s what we’ll try to do.”

Ameobi has also had two weeks to shake off a hamstring injury that was originally picked up in the sweltering heat of Majorca in the Mallorca Summer Cup.

Speaking on his return from the treatment room, he added: “To play my first game of the season at Arsenal was good for me.

“The result wasn’t what we wanted, but it was always going to be tough.

“They are a top, top side and they showed that.

“For me personally, it was good to get 90 minutes under my belt.

“It was a boost to be thrown in there and be told to go out and do a job.

“The hamstring feels 100% fine now.

“I was champing at the bit to play at Arsenal.

“It’s been an up and down couple of seasons for me, but hopefully this is the end of my injury worries and I can push on from here.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/12/shola-ameobi-game-we-ve-got-to-win-72703-21805124/

Guest Darth Toon

Given

Xisco   Owen

Probably be similar to that, but I would be betting on Geremi and Shola instead of Gonzalez and Xisco....