Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

I can't believe I just heard the reporter on sky, say Alan oliver has his finger on the pulse.

Aye - maybe on some stinking corpse.

But not NUFC

Setanta has just shown pictures of Berbatov in SJP dugouts  :frantic: :lol:

WHAT ?

I think we are going to stick with the 4-3-1-2 formation this season.

Owen you'd think would have remained in the slot just behind the front two.

That loan signing from Valencia however, does look like a classic number 10 playmaker in the Riquelme type mould.

Brought in incase Owen bolts? I guess we'll find out shortly.

That loan signing from Valencia however, does look like a classic number 10 playmaker in the Riquelme type mould.

i'm happy for him to play in the hole, which means butt still plays, as long as butt is briefed that under no circumstances is he ever to try and pass more than 5 yards, win it, and give it to the lads who can actually pass

Why is everyone at work asking me about "whats happening with Owen".. are there huge suggestions that he isnt going to sign this offer

he's in the last year of his contract and hasnt signed a new deal, so its another easy story to write. i'm not saying he'll 100% stay and sign, but everton are just about sign saha, would they pay him that much? would he even want to go there? those two apply to man city too

Why is everyone at work asking me about "whats happening with Owen".. are there huge suggestions that he isnt going to sign this offer

Alan "tosspot" Oliver is saying that Everton have made a last ditch move for him.

Well considering it's taken six months for "his people" to get this far with talks with us it would surely take longer than hours to have a deal and dusted with Everton or anyone - and would they pay him what we pay him?  :coolsmiley:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/01/nufc-line-up-swoop-for-deportivo-striker-72703-21647625/

And it is thought the United delegation were watching Birmingham forward James McFadden, who could be considered a suitable replacement for James Milner.

But Birmingham tell me that while they have had a £10m bid for their Scottish international, who can play up front or out wide, it was not from United.

Not Larsson then you fucking dickhead?

Gonzalez might be Owen's understudy in that role. from what ive seen that does look to be his preferred role, and if Owen is out injured, then the entire system is messed up as there's no-one else who can really play there. having another option means we can go with the 4-3-3 for prolonged period, rather than chopping and changing depending on who is fit.

Owen to Citeh for £10m+ , Smith to Everton for £3m and Ameobi to anyone for anything over £1m would some great sales to come through today.

Sack Viduka & Butt next year and sell Duff & Barton and we've nearly got rid of all the players holding us back in terms of age, personality, quality or wages.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/01/nufc-line-up-swoop-for-deportivo-striker-72703-21647625/

And it is thought the United delegation were watching Birmingham forward James McFadden, who could be considered a suitable replacement for James Milner.

But Birmingham tell me that while they have had a £10m bid for their Scottish international, who can play up front or out wide, it was not from United.

Am i reading that right? someone thinks James McFadden is worth £10M??

Rumour that City have launched a bid for Berbatov. I would be shocked if that happened though.

The Citeh fans would love it if they pipped the gloryhunters for him though !

'NEWCASTLE United were hoping to tie up a £5m-plus deal for Deportivo La Coruna striker Francisco Jimenez Tejada before the transfer window slams shut at midnight tonight.

The word from Spain today was that the 26-year-old player, dubbed Xisco, has already agreed to join his former Deportivo colleague Fabricio Coloccini at St James’s Park.'

He can't even get things right after copying his articles from elsewhere

Owen to Citeh for £10m+ , Smith to Everton for £3m and Ameobi to anyone for anything over £1m would some great sales to come through today.

Sack Viduka & Butt next year and sell Duff & Barton and we've nearly got rid of all the players holding us back in terms of age, personality, quality or wages.

Owen to City

Smith to Everton

Berbatov to Newcastle

Arshavin to Spurs

nailed on.

'NEWCASTLE United were hoping to tie up a £5m-plus deal for Deportivo La Coruna striker Francisco Jimenez Tejada before the transfer window slams shut at midnight tonight.

The word from Spain today was that the 26-year-old player, dubbed Xisco, has already agreed to join his former Deportivo colleague Fabricio Coloccini at St Jamess Park.'

He can't even get things right after copying his articles from elsewhere

That's beyond funny.

Surely he's been reading the wrong thread because Nacho is the one who is 26, what a dickhead.